Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I was whelmed. Neither over or under. 

Going back to this one, overwhelmed means nothing either its a waste of over. Whelmed and overwhelmed mean exactly the same thing :D

But language develops, that's all good, now we have under and overwhelmed which have replaced whelmed and not whelmed in common usage. I'm fine with that

37 minutes ago, bickster said:

Going back to this one, overwhelmed means nothing either its a waste of over. Whelmed and overwhelmed mean exactly the same thing :D

But language develops, that's all good, now we have under and overwhelmed which have replaced whelmed and not whelmed in common usage. I'm fine with that

There are people out there that think that "they" can't be a singular pronoun where traditionally it was used as a singular.

And people that think "you" is acceptable as a singular pronoun instead of "thou".

A certain kind of person seems to get upset by the first, but not the second.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

More than 1 annoying thing about this 

C5-ABC6-B1-85-E1-4-E55-AF6-A-90-E8-F7059

I've actually had Carragher as a passenger more than once. He's hardly what I'd describe as good speaker of English, in fact it's down to him and his ilk that these nonsensical words creep into use. Football commentator words is the perfect description of them

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â