Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

5 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I used to really look forward to Christmas, but now I dread it as I remember that family member I hate will be there annoying me with their daft comments.

And in this metaphor, Christmas is off topic.

What if he is a family member?

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Same difference.  Field - Virtual guarantee of no issues, preferable

Brownfield - Far more survey costs, far more likelihood of problems and remedial issues all costing money so less profit.

And developers always put the argument that because of this they can't put as many affordable housing on a brownfield site when compared to greenfield, and less contributions to schools, roads etc.

16 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

And developers always put the argument that because of this they can't put as many affordable housing on a brownfield site when compared to greenfield, and less contributions to schools, roads etc.

It's the areas as well, green belt is generally cheap land in nice areas, so homes built there generally sell better and have more profit, although sometimes it also decreases value of surrounding homes.

41 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It's the areas as well, green belt is generally cheap land in nice areas, so homes built there generally sell better and have more profit, although sometimes it also decreases value of surrounding homes.

I don't think much has decreased in value recently! It might result in property not increasing as much in the future I suppose.

Edited by The Fun Factory

8 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

So you would be happy having 2000 homes built in your little village overlooking your house.

Happy? No I wouldn’t be happy. Just as I wouldn’t be happy living in a town where an extra 2000 homes clog up the roads and change the school catchment area. Just the same as I wouldn’t be happy if I lived in a town and they built flats that put my house in shade.

If everyone with a house has to be happy with new housing, they don’t get built.

The obvious place to put them is in villages, towns, and cities and on green belt. We might not like it, but being homeless is the greater evil, so suck it up.

5 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Cheap land in nice areas?

It’s only cheap whilst it hasn’t got planning permission, once it has planning permission its premium. Want to know why its premium? Because people buy it thinking living on the edge of the village will give them rights to views. When the next field is sold, they think that was a development too far.

• Like 3

I moved onto my new build estate in the first phase over 4 years ago. In that time every time they released new houses the prices were up and and and up. At the last count they were asking £110,000 more for the house type we have over what we paid.

Last week they released some more and for the first time the prices have (slightly) come down, despite a lot of their overheads going up.

They are obviously sensing a dip due to cost of living, interest rates, inflation, economy etc

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

overperform

I've seen this used as a word by quite a few people recently

It's quite frankly a stupid made up nonsensical word

It absolutely is not. In the right context anyway.

loud sighing from a certain colleague. Nope, not going to bite. "Is everything ok?" "Oh yes, fine". 30 seconds later, another loud sigh. The constant sense of "woe is me" that manages to communicate itself just by breathing is quite impressive. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rodders said:

loud sighing from a certain colleague. Nope, not going to bite. "Is everything ok?" "Oh yes, fine". 30 seconds later, another loud sigh. The constant sense of "woe is me" that manages to communicate itself just by breathing is quite impressive. 

You not thrown over a "you OK hun?" 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It absolutely is not. In the right context anyway.

What context is that then? How can you over perform. You perform, you have a performance that you've achieved, there is no under or over performing. As Blandy says you can have better or worse than expectation performances but you can't overperform

Absolutely nonsensical illogical use of the language

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I dunno man, I think it’s a a pretty valid word. How else would you explain Liz Truss becoming PM?!

If Liz Truss becomes PM she will have achieved that not overachieved that

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

What context is that then? How can you over perform. You perform, you have a performance that you've achieved, there is no under or over performing. As Blandy says you can have better or worse than expectation performances but you can't overperform

Absolutely nonsensical illogical use of the language

Well I use it in football terms to refer to statistics.

A striker who is overperforming is converting more chances than he should be according to his statistics. His xG might be 4 goals but he's actually scored 8. He's overperforming vs his stats.

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

If Liz Truss becomes PM she will have achieved that not overachieved that

I think if she gets dressed without making a total mess of it she’s overachieved.

I’m not with you on this one, I’m happy with overachieve and overperform existing.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â