Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

The Black Country flag.

Or more the fact it’s coated absolutely everywhere down the road from me in shell corner, blackheath.

Bet you enjoyed listening to Radio WM recently, they were spaffing over Black Country Day. I don't listen to the station anymore, apart from Franksie at 3-4pm, the rest is utter bilge.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Bet you enjoyed listening to Radio WM recently, they were spaffing over Black Country Day. I don't listen to the station anymore, apart from Franksie at 3-4pm, the rest is utter bilge.

Ah I didn’t know there was a Black Country day. That probably explains the flags 

33 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

The thing is, no gambler I’ve ever spoken to thinks they’re down on the deal.

Its amazing how these gambling companies stay in business isn't it :D 

A quick look in the local Ladbrokes and there doesn't appear to be many of life's winners in there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Its amazing how these gambling companies stay in business isn't it :D 

A quick look in the local Ladbrokes and there doesn't appear to be many of life's winners in there. 

It's interesting how those little bookies tend to crop up in clusters in streets riddled with drug addiction, joblessness and crime. Must be for the minority of wealthy maths geniuses who live in those communities.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, limpid said:

I agree it's perfect for this thread :mrgreen:

Gambling wrecks lives. Cars are killing the planet. Insurance is just gambling with a posh coat. Airlines are killing the planet That's 17 of the PL clubs shirt sponsors.

Adverts are adverts though. Shirt sponsorship is a thing because clubs make money by advertising on shirts. That money would need to come from elsewhere for it to stop.

Surely you can see the difference between gambling companies sponsoring events and a car supermarket/airline?

If adverts are just adverts and people should accept it, then bring back tobacco advertising. At least their advertising was more iconic and interesting! :)

Edited by Xela

1 minute ago, Xela said:

All this talk of advertising, I really fancy a John Player Special and a bet now! :P

Happiness is a mild bankruptcy from addiction. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

spacer.png

My stepson lives in Bilston.

He says it's worse than Chelmsley, and he was born in Chelmsley.

Won't leave Bilston though as his missus' family all live there, and he's also hugely pussywhipped.

• Haha 1

Okay, so EE have launched a new Campaign on sexist hate, (heading is Jordan Henderson, who does anything to raise his profile anyway) but is it really a thing anymore, apart from on social media, which is really an issue on it's own? At the end of the advert, I can't remember who it is, but a women footballer has a message saying "back in the kitchen you stupid women". Do people really say this anymore to a women's face with serious conviction, I don't really think they do, unless your 70 and seriously old fashioned, an I very much doubt it would could from a child. Is it really a problem or are the media making something out of nothing again.

What's the next campaign, ginger hair?

Just now, Ingram85 said:

It was more of a ‘you can’t honestly believe the absolute drivel you wrote so are clearly pfe’ response. A PSA if you will.

Please give evidence rather than, just disregard the poster. Is it such a huge issue that it needs a campaign. Do you know many sexists, is that why you think it's stupid to think it don't exist. Are you taking the proof from social media which is a issue in itself for all sorts of hate.

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Please give evidence rather than, just disregard the poster. Is it such a huge issue that it needs a campaign. Do you know many sexists, is that why you think it's stupid to think it don't exist. Are you taking the proof from social media which is a issue in itself for all sorts of hate.

Round and around and around and around we go. 

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

Round and around and around and around we go. 

You know this is the problem with educating people on certain issues, why no one listens and nothing hardly changes. The people who have different opinions just get shouted down at, rather than get educated with facts, that's if you have any.

Is sexism a huge issue, please give me examples and not from social media hate, which is not going to change anytime soon.

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â