Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The number of people driving around in cars that are clearly new/good enough to have air con; but have all of their windows down.

My air con in my car has stopped working, as well as 2 other VT'ers in the weather thread.   

You're just teasing us lol 😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Anyway, completely changing the subject...

Big shout out to the property developer that called his block of flats The Address. You absolute dickhead

My mate lives in the Postbox in Birmingham city center, thought that was bad enough.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

There are multi things within Air Handling Units (AHU's) that kill bacteria to avoid this, like Ultra Violet lights, re-circulating the air to stop water settling in systems (legionella only grows in sedentary conditions), drain lines, leak-free coils and most obviously, filters (which get changes at regular intervals). 

AC shouldn't be making anyone sick, as long as there is a strategy/PPM schedule in place.  Maybe old systems in buildings where the building manager doesn't have a clue, and it's been left.. but in any office/retail space this shouldn't be a problem. 

Is that not just whole building systems. I used to work in a building, where the air con units were after market fitted in each office. The only maintenance ever carried out on the air con was when it was fitted. No one closed doors as the air was wet, when on cold. We took out the filter one day and cleaned it ourselves, it was black and wet. If one person got ill, they all got ill, we used to blame the air con circulating germs

Mrs been complaining about the washing machine for weeks  saying it smells like it's burning, I've never smelt anything. After a weeks debate of "there's nothing wrong with it, you just want a new one", I've just looked at it, an the drums spinning like a buckled wheel and melted all the front seal. Well I had to swallow my pride didn't I and say "your right babe, it's proper f***ed". 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

My mate lives in the Postbox in Birmingham city center, thought that was bad enough.

Is he a mouse who likes to live dangerously? 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

A lot of people get ill tbf when the air con goes on in our office. A mass case of hysteria, attention seeking and cardigan wearing.

Air con is sexist. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

The windows down with the air-con on is often done so the words removed can share their shit taste in music blasting out the speakers.

It shouldn't piss me off, but it does. So perfect for this thread.

Listen, if you don't like Tears for Fears then fair enough but don't call me a word removed :(

• Haha 1

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Love Island erm, appeared on my TV the other night.  90% of their vocabulary is made up of the word 'literally' (used incorrectly of course) and 'vibe'.

I've never watched a minute of it, but I assume they make Jade Goody look like Shakespeare.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Love Island erm, appeared on my TV the other night.  90% of their vocabulary is made up of the word 'literally' (used incorrectly of course) and 'vibe'.

Mrs F watches it and it looks appalling.  I’ve also heard the words….

banter 

same

4 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

If only the women would literally vibe themselves on TV!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Royal Mail

A parcel arrived for me today except I was in work. My neighbours are in both sides and always take stuff in for us and we do the same for them.

So what does the lazy arsed postie do? Takes it to a post office. The local post office in our village has closed (bloke retired) so the nearest one is in Formby, no big deal except the one they took it to is only open from 10am to half 5. How is anyone working meant to pick that up?

Grrrrrr!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bickster said:

Royal Mail

A parcel arrived for me today except I was in work. My neighbours are in both sides and always take stuff in for us and we do the same for them.

So what does the lazy arsed postie do? Takes it to a post office. The local post office in our village has closed (bloke retired) so the nearest one is in Formby, no big deal except the one they took it to is only open from 10am to half 5. How is anyone working meant to pick that up?

Grrrrrr!

Apparently Iv'e had something delivered (my new smart watch), and refused it because it was damaged. Even got sent a picture on a random desk of a damaged package?  Something dodgy going on there? Where's my parcel.

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Apparently Iv'e had something delivered (my new smart watch), and refused it because it was damaged. Even got sent a picture on a random desk of a damaged package?  Something dodgy going on there? Where's my parcel.

On someones desk obviously

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just turned up at Euston for my train to Liverpool. Cancelled. Now have to wait for an hour in Euston, which is so lovely and smells really great. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â