Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

10 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Conspiracy Theory whacko’s and people/organisations in positions of power who think the same. 

Climate change deniers, flat earthers, anti vax nut jobs etc….. They are holding the planet and us as a species back.  I’m at the point now where I’d happily see them rounded up and shot into space. 

579d70f1-d051-45d7-b170-127379851220_tex

10 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Conspiracy Theory whacko’s and people/organisations in positions of power who think the same. 

Climate change deniers, flat earthers, anti vax nut jobs etc….. They are holding the planet and us as a species back.  I’m at the point now where I’d happily see them rounded up and shot into space. 

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I think you need to step back from the interweb for a bit , there’s a lot of anger from you  lately from things that really shouldn’t be causing it…  

i manage to spend my days not encountering climate deniers , flat earthers , covid deniers , people that think Starmer will be PM and other lunatic fringes etc so I can only assume you are somehow actively seeking them ?

just stick to topics that interest you or won’t get you seething  , my life isn’t lacking anything  because I don’t know what jay68734’s thoughts on the vaccine are and equally I don’t have any urge to kill Jay either  .. 

Yea, stop being a big tit @Ingram85, you big baby. :P 

9 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I think you need to step back from the interweb for a bit , there’s a lot of anger from you  lately from things that really shouldn’t be causing it…  

i manage to spend my days not encountering climate deniers , flat earthers , covid deniers , people that think Starmer will be PM and other lunatic fringes etc so I can only assume you are somehow actively seeking them ?

just stick to topics that interest you or won’t get you seething  , my life isn’t lacking anything  because I don’t know what jay68734’s thoughts on the vaccine are and equally I don’t have any urge to kill Jay either  .. 

But Politics, health and the planet do affect me?

The government have cost me £2000 a year for the last 10 years, so I’ve lost out on £20000. As a band 3 member of staff, that’s a years wages. They are also directly trying to destroy my employer and swing public opinion on it. I think I’m entitled to be ‘pissed off about it even if - you think - I shouldn’t. 

Anti Vax nutters and Covid deniers/naysayers direct impact on other people through their choices are self explanatory. 

If the planet dies - we have a Tory government who recently said it was ok to pump human waste unfiltered into rivers and the ocean - we all die. I think I’m ok to be angry about that too. 

Im not well off, Im not comfortable, I live in a poor part of my local area and always seem to be being told to pipe down by the I’m alright jack brigade and I’m sick of that too.

All that is just what I’m affected by, when you think how it affects millions of others in so many ways it is something to get angry about. The world is maddening and yet is so easily fixable but those in charge and those who put them there are just exhausting in their relentless tirades of bullshit. That’s where my original post came from. 

I don’t seek these people out, I don’t think about all of this non stop in a cycle of hate. I do have a life that I enjoy, I enjoy a lot of things, I post about a lot of things I enjoy in other topics too. But when I post in topics about Tories and things that piss me off y’know it isn’t going to be positive. 

/rant.

Sorry Tony, I had to get that out. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

The government have cost me £2000 a year for the last 10 years, so I’ve lost out on £20000. As a band 3 member of staff, that’s a years wages. They are also directly trying to destroy my employer and swing public opinion on it. I think I’m entitled to be ‘pissed off about it even if - you think - I shouldn’t. 

Anti Vax nutters and Covid deniers/naysayers direct impact on other people through their choices are self explanatory. 

If the planet dies - we have a Tory government who recently said it was ok to pump human waste unfiltered into rivers and the ocean - we all die. I think I’m ok to be angry about that too. 

Im not well off, Im not comfortable, I live in a poor part of my local area and always seem to be being told to pipe down by the I’m alright jack brigade and I’m sick of that too.

All that is just what I’m affected by, when you think how it affects millions of others in so many ways it is something to get angry about. The world is maddening and yet is so easily fixable but those in charge and those who put them there are just exhausting in their relentless tirades of bullshit. That’s where my original post came from. 

I don’t seek these people out, I don’t think about all of this non stop in a cycle of hate. I do have a life that I enjoy, I enjoy a lot of things, I post about a lot of things I enjoy in other topics too. But when I post in topics about Tories and things that piss me off y’know it isn’t going to be positive. 

/rant.

All those things should piss you off - I think this thread is for the stuff that shouldn't. Maybe that was the point?

13 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

/rant.

It wasn't my intention to come across as telling you to "pipe down" , i guess I misread your original post and took it to be you were talking generically about people on the web rather than specific and personal incidents  .. so apologies for that

I stepped away from politics / covid stuff years ago , i don't now get bogged down in debates that sorta go nowhere  , I come across some absolute bollocks relating to both issues , i sorta mumble to myself and move on  ..I was coming at it from that angle   , though obviously those examples don't cost me £20,000 so that's easy  for me to say 

I know VT has a dislike of the Tories and what they do , I just don't have that same level of anger about it  , governments come and governments go , plus ça change ,as I see it  ..I don't think a non-tory government would fix this overnight  ,if at all  , that's not a defence of the Tories , more a view of governments in general   ...  Germany  pumps more shit into the sea than we do  , not that they should , nor should we  , but to then say its the Tories **** up the world and we all die , I find a little strange  , I know she's one of my figures of fun , but at least Greta is directing her anger globally and I think she is correct in that approach rather than venting her anger locally ...

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

The number of people driving around in cars that are clearly new/good enough to have air con; but have all of their windows down.

Absolutely the right thread for that. 

There's a certain logic to it

Drive with the windows down to benefit from the soothing effect of the moving air through the car but when you arrive at the destination you are more acclimatised to the outside temperature and less likely to sweat. Sit in an airconned car, get out into the heat and instantly sweat buckets

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

Absolutely the right thread for that. 

There's a certain logic to it

Drive with the windows down to benefit from the soothing effect of the moving air through the car but when you arrive at the destination you are more acclimatised to the outside temperature and less likely to sweat. Sit in an airconned car, get out into the heat and instantly sweat buckets

I would bet very very good money that that isn't what 99% of people are doing

air con rant

In the UK, has anyone ever heard of people being ill from AC?

Seems like every **** person over here gets ill if they're exposed to AC for even 5 mins.

If me and my wife go anywhere, the AC will make her ill 10/10.

Her sister is even worse.

I'd never heard of it before moving here

1 minute ago, bickster said:

How?

Using air con uses fuel, if the windows are down the air con has to work harder, therefore uses more fuel.

If the windows were up it can condition the air in the car.

Just now, Mr_Dogg said:

Using air con uses fuel, if the windows are down the air con has to work harder, therefore uses more fuel.

If the windows were up it can condition the air in the car.

Why are we assuming the aircon was on inside the car?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â