Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Say most records in your collection are on K-Tel without saying most records in your collection are on K-Tel…

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

That bollocks can get in the sea, too. 

I’d have believed either the Mooney or Bickster explanation to be honest. Though to be even more honest I suspected it was something to do with remixes or some such. Either way, I didn’t feel it was something aimed at me in that whenever I heard it, it would be in the context of being on BBC6 at the wrong time of day, or BBC 3 at the wrong time of life.

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

That bollocks can get in the sea, too. 

Yeah but those cuts are the deepest :D 

I was trying to manufacture a Roberta Flack gag but failed

FWIW I tend to agree, with a very rare exception (My Bloody Valentine springs to mind). most albums I can't tell the difference. I also think Gatefold Sleeves for single albums can generally sod off too. Single albums on Heavyweight vilyl in gatefold sleeves take up the space of about 3 or 4 normal albums on the shelves

Albums with something that marks them as different (such as a unique number (007/100) that stick the sticker on the cellophane wrapper.

That’s always quite disappointing.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, bickster said:

Rod Stewart would disagree.

Oh God I'm part of a music discussion.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

Rod Stewart would disagree.

Oh God I'm part of a music discussion.

You brought a knife to a fist fight. As much as I love Rod, it's all about Cat Stevens. 

Then it's PP Arnold. Rod is a distant third. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, bickster said:

I was trying to manufacture a Roberta Flack gag but faile

First time ever I saw your fail. 

• Haha 1

PP Arnold

That’s a name that doesn’t get mentioned nearly half enough.

“If You Think You’re Groovy’ is the most Small Faces tune ever, and they are the best band ever, which puts PPA pretty high up the all time chart.

9 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

PP Arnold

That’s a name that doesn’t get mentioned nearly half enough.

“If You Think You’re Groovy’ is the most Small Faces tune ever, and they are the best band ever, which puts PPA pretty high up the all time chart.

Was she on immediate? I also think she was connected more to small faces than just covering them, did she tour with them or something, or work with Marriott?

6 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Was she on immediate? I also think she was connected more to small faces than just covering them, did she tour with them or something, or work with Marriott?

spacer.png

Yep, stablemates and gig buddies

PP

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

First relic'ed guitars, now relic'ed LP sleeves. I assume the vinyl comes authentically scratched.

Screenshot_2022-07-14-15-15-35-34_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Is that deliberately scuffed with actual scuffs or is it part of the printed design?

If it's part of the printed design, I think I'm ok with that, I've got a few that look deliberately aged but its all photoshop and that design will always be the cover. That's been going on forever

But if its deliberate vandalism to the sleeve to make it look old, that can get to F*** because it will not help you protect your record as long 

40 minutes ago, bickster said:

Is that deliberately scuffed with actual scuffs or is it part of the printed design?

If it's part of the printed design, I think I'm ok with that, I've got a few that look deliberately aged but its all photoshop and that design will always be the cover. That's been going on forever

But if its deliberate vandalism to the sleeve to make it look old, that can get to F*** because it will not help you protect your record as long 

Dunno, but probably the former. 

Still think it's stoopid. 

9 hours ago, BOF said:

I think its use in a musical context is the least annoying it can be, because that I think is where it's origins are.  But now Spurs have just dropped their away kit. **** crisp companies dropping new flavours. Go and ****.

Yeah like a lot of things I think it's been bastardised down the years.

To me an album, or anything else, "Dropping" is when it's released with little or no warning. If Olly Murs has an album coming out in December and then we get to December and it does indeed come out, then that hasn't dropped. 

If nobody is expecting a new album from Drake and then suddenly a new album is released on Spotify then that has "dropped"

I'm not saying that's right. That's just how I've always interpreted it

• Like 1

My theory. Dropping. DJ drops a new platter on to the turntable. Dropping for me derives from that. Bastardised to mean any new release. 

Deep cuts. Rare tracks on compilations or bsides. Not album tracks. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â