Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

44 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Had to wait 3 minutes for the Northern Line to Bank.

tenor.gif

Bet you were like this today on the tube 

sweating-hot.gif

• Like 1

On 11/07/2022 at 16:40, StefanAVFC said:

My wife has the oddest reaction to me feeling any pain.

Whenever anything happens to me, if I even react slightly, I'm making a scene and overreacting.

I bang my head (I'm tall and sometimes clumsy) - "omg why are you overreacting"

She squeezes my leg and I instinctly flinch because she's hit the muscle in a weird way "wtf are you doing why are you reacting"

Culmating yesterday when we were sat on the sofa and her sister randomly out of nowhere hits me with a fly swatter hard enough to leave the grid of the swatter on my skin through my t-shirt. I react in surprise and pain and she's furious at me for 'making a scene in front of her family' I just reacted like 'wtf are you doing' and even her mum was like wtf to her sister

Last year I had 2 wisdom teeth out and in the 2/3 days after the surgery I had my 2nd covid jab which gave me a big fever and my teeth were chattering. I said my teeth were hurting me and she started having a go at me because 'teeth chattering doesn't hurt' and that I'm overreacting, soon realising I had 2 still open wounds which were being disturbed by my chattering do to fever. Immediate apology etc but still. I've literally never seen anyone react like this to this sort of event. Gotta be a childhood thing right? 

Her getting hurt and her mum dismissing it immediately so she does the same?

I always wanna start a "moan about the Mrs" thread. But I'm worried it would get out of hand. Like someone might say, "I wouldn't put up with that, get rid of her", and it ending in a divorce or something. 😆

• Haha 1

On 11/07/2022 at 16:40, StefanAVFC said:

My wife has the oddest reaction to me feeling any pain.

Whenever anything happens to me, if I even react slightly, I'm making a scene and overreacting.

I bang my head (I'm tall and sometimes clumsy) - "omg why are you overreacting"

She squeezes my leg and I instinctly flinch because she's hit the muscle in a weird way "wtf are you doing why are you reacting"

Culmating yesterday when we were sat on the sofa and her sister randomly out of nowhere hits me with a fly swatter hard enough to leave the grid of the swatter on my skin through my t-shirt. I react in surprise and pain and she's furious at me for 'making a scene in front of her family' I just reacted like 'wtf are you doing' and even her mum was like wtf to her sister

Last year I had 2 wisdom teeth out and in the 2/3 days after the surgery I had my 2nd covid jab which gave me a big fever and my teeth were chattering. I said my teeth were hurting me and she started having a go at me because 'teeth chattering doesn't hurt' and that I'm overreacting, soon realising I had 2 still open wounds which were being disturbed by my chattering do to fever. Immediate apology etc but still. I've literally never seen anyone react like this to this sort of event. Gotta be a childhood thing right? 

Her getting hurt and her mum dismissing it immediately so she does the same?

Yeah, yeah, over reacting blah blah…

Is her sister hot?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Is her sister hot?

After a day and a half of that post being in this thread someone has finally asked the first question that came to my mind when I read it.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I always wanna start a "moan about the Mrs" thread. But I'm worried it would get out of hand. Like someone might say, "I wouldn't put up with that, get rid of her", and it ending in a divorce or something. 😆

Maybe “moan about the other half” to make it gender friendly 😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

If she has to listen to all your weird misguided rantings like we do and she’s never strayed yet then I’d say she’s deffo a keeper and not worth moaning about 😂👍

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

If she has to listen to all your weird misguided rantings like we do and she’s never strayed yet then I’d say she’s deffo a keeper and not worth moaning about 😂👍

I'll make sure |I speak to you first for facts next time? 🤔

24 minutes ago, Genie said:

False 9 is up there for me.

Yep same.

Not an actual False 9. I'm fine with that. In fact it's a very interesting concept,

But the annoying thing now is that everyone just calls stuff a false 9. A winger playing up front is not a false 9. A striker dropping deep to get the ball isn't a false 9.

• Like 1

My two worst football phrases

"He's hit that too well" - absolute nonsense

"You couldn't write it" - usually when something incredibly obvious happens, like a player scoring against his old club, which if you were "writing it" is EXACTLY what you would write

36 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I can kind of make my peace with that one, when a player hits it really clean but it goes straight to the keeper, I.e. if he’d have scuffed it somewhat it might have gone either side.

It doesn’t make much sense but I can see the logic behind that one. 

The other side is if he truly hit it well it would have flown in the corner anyway.

Conclusion: Its a shit phrase.

From my experience "he's hit that too well" is reserved for when you've cleared the fence, cleared the trees behind the fence, the ball has rolled down the hill through the kids playground and is now floating in the canal 

16 minutes ago, Genie said:
54 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I can kind of make my peace with that one, when a player hits it really clean but it goes straight to the keeper, I.e. if he’d have scuffed it somewhat it might have gone either side.

It doesn’t make much sense but I can see the logic behind that one. 

The other side is if he truly hit it well it would have flown in the corner anyway.

Conclusion: Its a shit phrase.

I think the problem is the word used. What they mean is he has hit it too true. Not too well. There's a skill in skuffing it, say, to the side of the keeper when that's what's required in certain situations. But in that scenario it would be hitting it 'well' because it's exactly what you wanted to do. But hitting the ball to true would give it right to the opponent.

But yeah either way, I don't mind that phrase too much because we know what they're saying.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â