Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Wimbledon crowds. All they ever do is support the historically better player.

Shitweasels.

Tennis crowds in general. Never been to a tennis match, but on TV they just seem like a bunch of words removed. Not surprised all the players need psychologists to get through the tour. Pigeon lands on the court and it's the FUNNIEST thing they've ever seen. Player does nothing wrong except try to win, and crowd turns on them because foreign / black / not a "legend".

I suppose pot kettle black, football crowds are full of very bad people too. Swap the suit and sunglasses for a Stone Island jacket and skin fade. Maybe all crowds are shit.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I’ll be more specific. 

We are in the lounge. The door is closed. She leaves to go to bed, and leaves the door open when she leaves

2 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

On this doors thing.... I do remember an ex who had this weird obsession with blocking every doorway in the house, also the stairs. Always but always left stuff cluttering the stairs despite me pointing out it was actually dangerous on a countless number of occasions. The door thing was just weird though. Always stuff shoved behind every one in the house so as you couldn't open them fully. Used to do my head in. Must be something psychological in it somewhere?!

I can quite honestly say I’ve never related to two posts more. Mrs P is the absolute worst for both of these things.

Put things in the f%*king room, not in the doorway of the f£&king room!! Argh!!!

The amount of times I’ve tripped over something she’s left on the landing right by the top of the stairs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I can quite honestly say I’ve never related to two posts more. Mrs P is the absolute worst for both of these things.

Put things in the f%*king room, not in the doorway of the f£&king room!! Argh!!!

The amount of times I’ve tripped over something she’s left on the landing right by the top of the stairs.

…and fallen down the stairs, base over apex?   Explains a lot.😏

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Wimbledon crowds. All they ever do is support the historically better player. And the plucky Brit who usually goes out early. 

Shitweasels.

Fixed. 

9 hours ago, KentVillan said:

and crowd turns on them because foreign / black / not a "legend".

I'd say it's more likely a crowd turn on a player because they are a  cockwomble , but Is there an example of where the crowd have turned on a player because they are black  ? 

12 hours ago, Seat68 said:

In our entire house the only doors closed are my daughter's room and bathrooms when in use. Never shut doors. No reason to really. 

yep same , the kids doors are closed , usually with enough noise that you think the house has collapsed , they even mange to open their doors with  equal decibel levels  !

If I'm watching TV late night on my own downstairs I'll close the door so the sound doesn't travel and wake Mrs H  , but that's about it  , I don't really see why else you'd need to 

• Like 1

In terms of the door situation, I think it should be up to the person in the room whether the door is opened or closed. If I like the doors closed, which I do, then it's rude to leave the room and leave the door open

48 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

£5.70 a pint in the Four Oaks now it's had a lick of paint. The guy next to me who got a round in, nearly sh** his pants at the bill, he had cash, then got his card out. 😂

what they serving? my suspiscion on returning to the UK is that pubs have been going more exotic in an attempt to cover up / justify the price increases

my local had 2 new beers last time i was home, madri which id never heard of before and camden hells which im sure was £6 a pint

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I'd say it's more likely a crowd turn on a player because they are a  cockwomble , but Is there an example of where the crowd have turned on a player because they are black  ? 

Williams sisters?

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

I have never understood the extent of the mark up on beer in pubs.

£5-6 a pint in a pub.

You can get the same thing in a bottle or can for less than £1 usually. 

Heating, lighting, staff, cleaning, rent.... You aren't just paying for the contents of the glass

21 minutes ago, bickster said:

Heating, lighting, staff, cleaning, rent.... You aren't just paying for the contents of the glass

Yes I get that, but the markup still is massive. The cans/bottles are all individually packaged in metal or glass, then other packaging.

Drinking in a pub will aways be more, but it seems excessive (like everything at the moment).

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yes I get that, but the markup still is massive. The cans/bottles are all individually packaged in metal or glass, then other packaging.

Drinking in a pub will aways be more, but it seems excessive (like everything at the moment).

The cost price is generally much higher to the licensed trade than it is to supermarkets because of the way the industry works. Most pubs are tied into deals with certain brewers and along with those deals come financing for fridges/pumps/promotional activity

You aren't really comparing two similar things even though to you as a punter, the products are the same.

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

£5.70 a pint in the Four Oaks now it's had a lick of paint. The guy next to me who got a round in, nearly sh** his pants at the bill, he had cash, then got his card out. 😂

It's makeover has been pretty **** good to be fair. Lovely place now, and about time the area had a decent (if slightly small) beer garden

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I have never understood the extent of the mark up on beer in pubs.

£5-6 a pint in a pub.

You can get the same thing in a bottle or can for less than £1 usually. 

Profits for the Pub Co, not the landlord.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Williams sisters?

I'd say from their antics at times they  fall into the cock womble category rather than their skin colour ...   but in fairness when I googled her there does seem to have been a rather ugly incident at Indiana Wells with the crowd using racial slurs at her (and her family) , so I guess it does / did happen 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Nice pub, good food in a nice area but yeah, very pricey. The sort of place only the likes of @Xelacould be a regular at. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

An it sounds like for @Stevo985 too.

It actually will be my regular now :D 

(Although regular for me is like once a month if that)

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â