Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

15 minutes ago, bickster said:

Its absolutely correct and its the law. The photographer is the artist

If it was ass about tit The Mona Lisa could demand to use the painiting of her by Leonardo Da Vinci and not pay him

or the Queen could demand royalties from the Sex Pistols for God Save the Queen

The problem is that the photographer has the right to take her photograph without her permission but she doesn't have the right to use that photo without his

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The problem is that the photographer has the right to take her photograph without her permission but she doesn't have the right to use that photo without his

Yes and this is absolutely correct too. The flipside to it would be that you don't have the right to take photographs in public of the police doing something wrong at protests etc or that newspapers couldn't publish photos of people in the public interest etc

27 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

No lawful basis for this right now, I'm, not arguing it's what the law *is*, but it seems bonkers to me as was originally posted that someone can make money by stalking you and photographing without consent, profit off it, and then sue you for using those published photos. It's legal, but I don't think it's right.

The flipside is much darker for democracy

Paps are generally scumbags. Celebrities only hate them when they want to. I have sympathy for neither

• Like 1

Just now, theboyangel said:

Sarah Millican will be on the next series of Taskmaster. I just do not find her remotely funny or entertaining. 

Not my favourite comedian, but the format has made brilliant entertainment out of some very dreary contestants, she might be alright!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Not my favourite comedian, but the format has made brilliant entertainment out of some very dreary contestants, she might be alright!

Won’t put me off watching, but the thought of ten weeks of geordie squawking doesn’t fill me with happiness 😂

Sarah Millican plays Stafford a lot trying out new material, I have been to a few of her nights. I initially didn't like her, but now that's changed. I think she will be excellent on Taskmaster, I don't think she is likely to change people's opinions as a lot of people tend not to like her. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Paps are generally scumbags. Celebrities only hate them when they want to. I have sympathy for neither. 

This is my stance. It's like small heath vs Leeds or hunt sabs vs foxhunters. If I can't get them to somehow both lose, then I simply don't care. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

How she keeps avoiding Porridge is a mystery. Spends half her life in front of a judge or magistrate and still manages to walk free (and get a TV show on the BBC, absolute shame on them).

Hasn't got UK TV Gold? 

• Like 1

My mate discovered that his wedding photographer was using his photo in all sorts of promo stuff. At one point the picture was turning up in all sorts of places.  

There was no discussion about this, no permission was asked for.  The photographer owns the photo and can do whatever he likes with it. 

But the biggest mystery really is that he's a bit of an ugly spud.  I can't believe the photographer couldn't find someone more photogenic to use😂

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

My mate discovered that his wedding photographer was using his photo in all sorts of promo stuff. At one point the picture was turning up in all sorts of places.  

There was no discussion about this, no permission was asked for.  The photographer owns the photo and can do whatever he likes with it. 

But the biggest mystery really is that he's a bit of an ugly spud.  I can't believe the photographer couldn't find someone more photogenic to use😂

He should have got the Wedding Photographer to sign a contract expressing the ownership of the wedding photos belonged to him as the customer. If he'd done that, he'd have paid a lot more money for the services to have the exclusive right to the images.

31 minutes ago, bickster said:

He should have got the Wedding Photographer to sign a contract expressing the ownership of the wedding photos belonged to him as the customer. If he'd done that, he'd have paid a lot more money for the services to have the exclusive right to the images.

Wedding photo's piss me off so seems an apt thread. Pay a fortune for loads of photo's you never look at and only display a few of. Might as well get a mate to do them. 

7 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Wedding photo's piss me off so seems an apt thread. Pay a fortune for loads of photo's you never look at and only display a few of. Might as well get a mate to do them. 

This reminded me of a lady I used to work with. Nice enough girl and was always “curvy”. 
She seemed to lose a shed load of weight very quickly then someone mentioned she’d got married. She then put the weight back on just as quick. 

It made me wonder about her wedding photos. Apart from her wedding photos where she’s slim every other picture of her for 10 years either side has her much bigger. 

Why do it? When people look at the photos you know what they’ll be thinking.

Just be who you are. 

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I got married in New York so my photographer doubled up as a private tour guide, still charged me $700 for 4 hours 

I hate that shit though, I can't pose and have no interest in it in general, recently did a family photo shoot at the wife's request, my daughter kept running off much to my delight, 250 photos and I like about 7 of them, that'll be €300 for 10 photos and then something like €25 for every other 10 after that... At least the wedding photographer gave me all of the digital as well as the 100 that he touched up and printed for us 

7 hours ago, Genie said:

I agree.

I wonder if it’s to do with being a single parent to a disabled son that is keeping her “free”.

I can’t believe anyone else getting such leniency.

He lives in a home now doesn't he? She sees him every now and again (can't drive there!)

Maybe serving 12 months might sort her out. She must think she is untouchable at the moment.

Edited by Xela

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â