Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

14 minutes ago, Xela said:

Sure is. Look at this. Look at the size of what she was going to take as hand luggage! :D 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/woman-stranded-spain-after-ryanair-24250517

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

They (Liverpool Echo Echo) need to decide if the cost was £69 or €69.

Also, she’s on the lash in Spain but on return she didn’t even have enough money in her bank to pay to take the bag home so got stranded in Spain. Priorities?

Hate those local press stories with the "victim" pulling the sad face. 9 times out of 10 it's because they've tried something on. 

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

They (Liverpool Echo Echo) need to decide if the cost was £69 or €69.

Also, she’s on the lash in Spain but on return she didn’t even have enough money in her bank to pay to take the bag home so got stranded in Spain. Priorities?

And she didn't take her meds because they needed refrigeration? 

Obviously don't have that new fangled fridge type stuff over there

Oh it's a definite story Reach have run to spark clicks and comments on it. It was across all the regional newspapers including Birmingham Live

Like Dave, I have no sympathy. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Hate those local press stories with the "victim" pulling the sad face. 9 times out of 10 it's because they've tried something on. 

It's probably typical of what we call a Compo-Face article in the Echo. Didn't read it, because its The Echo.

• Haha 1

One of the best things you can do in the world is play football in the rain, a summers rain, a nice rain.

The weather all week, and including yesterday has said Thursday - RAIN. All day rain. Heavy rain.

It now says sunny all day. So my joyous football is now a baking humid slog.

Where's my rain?! Where did it go!?

Dua Lipa is being sued by a paparazzi photographer because she posted one his photos on her Instagram without his permission 

Under US law he will win, she doesn't own that photo

He's previously successfully sued Bieber and Ariana Grande too for the same thing 

They have no rights over the photo being taken or published but he has rights over the picture and who publishes it? Ass about tit

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Dua Lipa is being sued by a paparazzi photographer because she posted one his photos on her Instagram without his permission 

He's previously successfully sued Bieber and Ariana Grande too for the same thing 

They have no rights over the photo being taken or published but he has rights over the picture and who publishes it? Ass about tit

Classic Family Guy. | Funny pictures, Family guy, Best funny pictures

My dad showed me a "funny" text message he received from a colleague from work this morning as I dropped my kid off.

It was just racist.  Comparing "brown people" to dogs and insinuating about getting free benefits.. and it being easier if the dog was a brown person, rather than a dog..

I don't think he showed me to get a laugh out of me, more a "can you believe someone has sent this to other people?" kind of way. 

But it's pissed me off (and should) that that shit humour is still even a thing. 

But y'know.. construction industry an that. 

• Like 2

On 22/06/2022 at 18:25, rjw63 said:

Foul harridan Katie Price getting off lightly - again - as her high court bankruptcy hearing is postponed for a third time until mid 2023.

She must be nobbing a lot of the judiciary... Or has done in the past. 

And yet again another lenient sentence!!!

This time the crusty slapper has got 170 hours community service for breaching a restraining order.

How she keeps avoiding Porridge is a mystery. Spends half her life in front of a judge or magistrate and still manages to walk free (and get a TV show on the BBC, absolute shame on them).

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

And yet again another lenient sentence!!!

This time the crusty slapper has got 170 hours community service for breaching a restraining order.

How she keeps avoiding Porridge is a mystery. Spends half her life in front of a judge or magistrate and still manages to walk free (and get a TV show on the BBC, absolute shame on them).

Indeed. 10 driving offences, an assault, restraining order, and a broken restraining order. Mind boggling that she has never had a day in prison. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Indeed. 10 driving offences, an assault, restraining order, and a broken restraining order. Mind boggling that she has never had a day in prison. 

I agree.

I wonder if it’s to do with being a single parent to a disabled son that is keeping her “free”.

I can’t believe anyone else getting such leniency.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Its absolutely correct and its the law. The photographer is the artist

If it was ass about tit The Mona Lisa could demand to use the painiting of her by Leonardo Da Vinci and not pay him

or the Queen could demand royalties from the Sex Pistols for God Save the Queen

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

Its absolutely correct and its the law. The photographer is the artist

If it was ass about tit The Mona Lisa could demand to use the painiting of her by Leonardo Da Vinci and not pay him

or the Queen could demand royalties from the Sex Pistols for God Save the Queen

I guess the feeling that taking photos is significantly easier than the other examples you listed might seem like it trivialises the art of photography,

I agree with you it being the other way around makes little sense when you think about it, I'm not sure I like the status quo though, in the example @villa4europe highlights. Seems to me that an individual who is the focal point of a photograph should have some "fair use" considerations for personal use.  It's a bit more complex than that so you don't have some **** claiming their wedding photos are "fair use", but if photos are taken of you and published with no consent or agreement, I'd like the default to be that the subject can have some limited distribution rights of them while not giving them any rights to prevent publication or demand royalties.

No lawful basis for this right now, I'm, not arguing it's what the law *is*, but it seems bonkers to me as was originally posted that someone can make money by stalking you and photographing without consent, profit off it, and then sue you for using those published photos. It's legal, but I don't think it's right.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â