Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

It'd be nice to go to work at 0900 finish at 1700 for 30k+ a year, but it just don't happen in most jobs. I understand what most are saying, I myself come home from work and can be checking Emails etc till late. But it's what we do, it ain't gonna change anytime soon. This is why I can't see the hardship I guess.

8 minutes ago, Chine said:

My wife is an assistant principal at a secondary school, whilst her salary is good at a glance , when you break it down per hour worked its shite , it’s not unusual in our house for her to be still working at 11pm , yes they go through pay bands/ brackets but once you get to senior leadership it kind of halts 

I know this oh so well, glad my missus is retiring in two months.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

I know this oh so well, glad my missus is retiring in two months.

I wish her well ! Tough tough job as you clearly know well ! Soon be time for you to get on holiday and forget some of it existed 🙏

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It'd be nice to go to work at 0900 finish at 1700 for 30k+ a year, but it just don't happen in most jobs. I understand what most are saying, I myself come home from work and can be checking Emails etc till late. But it's what we do, it ain't gonna change anytime soon. This is why I can't see the hardship I guess.

I'd say my place and my profession it ain't about the hours it's you get paid to put up with it, to put up with the bullshit, to put up with the unhappiness, to put up with the peaks and troughs of being busy, it's not necessarily a 10 hour a day grind but it's definitely a chew your wifes ear off until she leaves you kind of industry 

One day far off in the future when they're done with asbestos the construction industry will come for mental health and the list of men citing blame in divorces will be monstrous

Youre paid to be unhappy and roll with it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chine said:

I wish her well ! Tough tough job as you clearly know well ! Soon be time for you to get on holiday and forget some of it existed 🙏

Holiday? You gotta be joking! She needs to get a part-time job (probably in education) to see us through til State Pension kicks in, and in my case that's eight long **** years!

• Like 1

Just now, rjw63 said:

Holiday? You gotta be joking! She needs to get a part-time job (probably in education) to see us through til State Pension kicks in, and in my case that's eight long **** years!

🤦‍♂️

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I'd rather graft for 45k knowing I may be able to move up the ladder, than stuck in a dead end job,12 hours shifts for £9.80 an hour, piece of piss that!

Okay. I’m not sure how that’s relevant but good for you 

57 minutes ago, bickster said:

Collared Doves actually at least they are doves I guess

These are turtle doves

p09k2l8g.jpg

Standards of jurnalism (sic) Grrrr

I'm like that with sharks. Always seems like every article, regardless of the species in the article, will use a stock photo of a sand tiger, because they happen to have ferocious looking teeth while just swimming around passively. So it's not just laziness in that case, it's subtly perpetuating a stereotype. Anyway, moving on. At least we're kinda in the right thread, although mine maybe should piss me off.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I work only 9-5 in Poland and make more than that and I have many friends in similar positions. Just gotta find the right job. IT (where I am) for example is incredibly lucrative and doesn't take the piss with hours.

Edited by StefanAVFC

13 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I agree, but do they every win, cause it seems with most of these strikes, it's kinda black mail. Is there no other way? An its always when we are all could do with a bit extra.

In the case of barristers, they said things were unsustainable and got ignored by the govt.

They then refused to do 'returns', which is where they fill in when another barrister is unavailable due to illness, another trial overrunning etc, and were ignored.

Now they're on strike.

When we have issues at work, or with any relationship in our lives really, we try to resolve it, usually by talking initially. Things like this happen when you're not taken seriously.

Barristers have a pretty shitty lot in the law profession, I'm surprised many of them bother. Compared to other legal jobs it's not well paid unless you get to the absolute top of the game, of which there's only so much space to occupy, and as you're essentially self employed you have all the shit that brings with it. And they work on a taxi rank system so whatever comes in is your job iirc.

I remember watching a reality documentary style show a few years ago that followed a big criminal law firm's day to day work. A scene that particularly stuck out was the solicitor on a case stood outside court talking to their barrister, who was smoking a fag and looked like total shit. Like, dragged out of a ditch shit. No amount of wigs and robes were hiding it. And the impression wasn't that the barrister wanted to look like shit, but that he was at wits end with no money and a career that was kicking his arse every day just so he could survive for the next days arse kicking.

Meanwhile a solicitor will get decent money once qualified so long as they avoid criminal law (where again the big money is at the top of the game and there's no way to just get that work without a leg up or years of work), and unless they want to run their own practice or become a partner it's fundamentally still just a job (though a stressful and hard one in a few fields). And if they fancy doing the barrister gig they can train and qualify to become a solicitor advocate, whereby they get the same right of audience barristers do.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bickster said:

Can anyone work out why this pisses me off?

because they are collared doves (without checking any other replies)

Oh look the picture has been edited!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â