Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

23 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I was thinking of men wanting to dispose of pads but we don’t put bins in ‘mens’ toilets.

OK ...  I think I understand. I live in Canada, there were bins in the toilets. 

27 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I was thinking of toilets being arranged so someone that has physical disability can get on or off the crapper using just their good arm.

I must admit I did not pay that close attention, but I would say the new toilets are no better off than the old apparently non inclusive ones. But the lighting is definitely better, the old ones set a mood. 

30 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Have I missed the point here, were these toilets expressly making some point about trans people somehow?

I can't what the intention was behind the word inclusive, but they just happen to be very nice bogs, but I would say not scooter inclusive.

23 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

OK ...  I think I understand. I live in Canada, there were bins in the toilets. 

I must admit I did not pay that close attention, but I would say the new toilets are no better off than the old apparently non inclusive ones. But the lighting is definitely better, the old ones set a mood. 

I can't what the intention was behind the word inclusive, but they just happen to be very nice bogs, but I would say not scooter inclusive.

We are being conditioned to be triggered by the word inclusive.

In its own way, its very clever how they do it, the denial of empathy and the ignorance of others.

Inclusive could just be having a mirror that is low enough for someone with restricted height or in a chair to be able to see themselves to check for soup splashes on their shirt.

It does sound like it's just the word

Before I left I found that on new build architects had pretty much dropped the word "disabled" from the toilets and called them "accessible" they're for everyone, they'll have the doc m pack for a disabled person but they're not exclusively for disabled people which i think is a misconception

IMO turning say 2 mens toilets and 2 women's toilets in to 4 accessible toilets to be used by anyone actually makes sense to me and its the future 

That said its amazing how far behind Germany is with disabled access, I see it due to having a pushchair where a lot of facilities are useless but then I don't know if my office has a disabled toilet I've never seen one there, the 3 nearest subway stations to me don't have a lift down to the platform, I would not want to be in a wheelchair here, maybe if I flip that it's actually a case of the UK being miles ahead of most of the world with part M 

• Like 1

I've got 3 things to return to Amazon. As far as I can tell, there's no way to choose your return method anymore, it just tells you what you have to do. so:

Parcel 1: Needs to have labels printed off, and will be collected from my house by Royal Mail

Parcel 2: Needs to be taken to a Hermes centre, with no labels, and I must show them a QR code on my phone for them to print the labels

Parcel 3: I must print the labels and take it to a Collect+ point. Obviously the nearest Collect+ point is nowhere near the Hermes place.

it's presumably the difference in sold by Amazon, fulfilled by Amazon, and sold and distributed by random companies on Amazon, but I can't believe their service is so fragmented that this is how they've left the customer experience, I just want to return 3 things and feel like I need a **** gant chart.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I've got 3 things to return to Amazon. As far as I can tell, there's no way to choose your return method anymore, it just tells you what you have to do. so:

Parcel 1: Needs to have labels printed off, and will be collected from my house by Royal Mail

Parcel 2: Needs to be taken to a Hermes centre, with no labels, and I must show them a QR code on my phone for them to print the labels

Parcel 3: I must print the labels and take it to a Collect+ point. Obviously the nearest Collect+ point is nowhere near the Hermes place.

it's presumably the difference in sold by Amazon, fulfilled by Amazon, and sold and distributed by random companies on Amazon, but I can't believe their service is so fragmented that this is how they've left the customer experience, I just want to return 3 things and feel like I need a **** gant chart.

If you go on live chat they can probably arrange more useful returns, or tell you to just keep it and they’ll refund you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

If you go on live chat they can probably arrange more useful returns, or tell you to just keep it and they’ll refund you.

I tried contacting them because I don't have a working printer for items 1&3 , and they couldn't change it to any other return type, even the type used fore item 2, their suggestion was for me to hand-write the label as well. Even the QR code, yeah?  I think it is luck of the draw who you get because I've had similar where they just throw you free stuff and extra days of Prime, etc, but this guy was a bit of a muppet. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

It does sound like it's just the word

Before I left I found that on new build architects had pretty much dropped the word "disabled" from the toilets and called them "accessible" they're for everyone, they'll have the doc m pack for a disabled person but they're not exclusively for disabled people which i think is a misconception

IMO turning say 2 mens toilets and 2 women's toilets in to 4 accessible toilets to be used by anyone actually makes sense to me and its the future 

That said its amazing how far behind Germany is with disabled access, I see it due to having a pushchair where a lot of facilities are useless but then I don't know if my office has a disabled toilet I've never seen one there, the 3 nearest subway stations to me don't have a lift down to the platform, I would not want to be in a wheelchair here, maybe if I flip that it's actually a case of the UK being miles ahead of most of the world with part M 

I suppose if you'd planned for a master race they probably weren't expecting to need any disabled facilities. 😉

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I tried contacting them because I don't have a working printer for items 1&3 , and they couldn't change it to any other return type, even the type used fore item 2, their suggestion was for me to hand-write the label as well. Even the QR code, yeah?  I think it is luck of the draw who you get because I've had similar where they just throw you free stuff and extra days of Prime, etc, but this guy was a bit of a muppet. 

I'm just struggling to work out how you ordered 3 items you didn't want at the same time.  You ordering things blindfolded or something?  I can never be arsed, I've only returned one thing, luckily it was a fairly straight-forward Hermes drop off in the newsagent.

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm just struggling to work out how you ordered 3 items you didn't want at the same time.  You ordering things blindfolded or something?  I can never be arsed, I've only returned one thing, luckily it was a fairly straight-forward Hermes drop off in the newsagent.

He's obviously just comfort buying.  Once the kick of the purchase is over it's time to send them back. You should pity him😂😂

9 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I ordered about a dozen things at the same time to get ready for Download last weekend at short notice.

Two were completely my fault, I was browsing power banks and bought one, then found a much better deal so got that and need to return the first (tbh, I blame them for that, as I tried to cancel it within a couple of hours and it still turned up), and I accidentally ordered 2 of a backpack instead of 1. The third was some wellies that they managed to send in both the wrong size and colour.

First time I've returned anything in years tbh, we just decided we were going with about 3-4 days' notice, didn't even own a sleeping bag so it was a frantic evening of buying everything we needed. Really, now I think about it, I'm only taking the blame for the backpack, 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Last Christmas I ordered £150 worth of presents off Amazon, and they sent me (and charged me for) everything twice. I called them to complain, citing an error on their part, but the guy insisted that it *must* have been my error.

Of the 14 items, 13 could luckily all be returned by taking to a local shop that would print the label for me. But the last one needed me to print it myself, and I couldn’t be bothered to connect up my printer (in a cupboard, last used probably 10 years ago when home printers were a thing, not compatible with my Mac so I’d need to dig out my 10 year old laptop too), and also I wasn’t in the office at the time because our household had covid.

So, to resolve my complaint of me not being able to easily return an unwanted second pair of pinking shears (posh sewing scissors, for those not in the know) their resolution… was to refund me for the scissors and send me a 3rd pair free of charge 😁🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

The original lyrics to that wham hit were awful weren’t they?

I knew someone would say that as soon as o started writing that post 😒

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I knew someone would say that as soon as o started writing that post 😒

The bad boys on VT will always pick up on any kind of incentive for a piss take. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â