Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

'Ridiculously Photogenic Guy'

Get **** you complete **** word removed. How has he became famous for smiling at a camera during a marathon? We must live in a society of complete braindead **** mongoloids if all you need to do to get famous is smile while running. Cocky word removed was on This Morning as well yesterday, posh **** cretin.

I cant be the only one envisioning my clenched hand going straight through his rich boy whitened perfect smile and straight through the back of his head.

clearing in the woods.

Glad to say I have no idea who you refer to :-)

I think it was me. :winkold:

I've touched on this before, but it really **** me off.

Catchphrases at work.

Police car goes past; "Ooh, they've found you, "

Open a can; "Ooh, having a beer?"

Get to work early; "Ooh, shit the bed?"

Get to work late; "Ooh, good afternoon..."

Yawn; "Ooh, save some air for the rest of us!"

Heard at least twice a day, each time as if it were new.

Dealing with people who think that because I work in Health and Safety I am going to listen to the most pathetic shit and keep my mouth shut.

One girl was complaining about her back hurting her and wanted a new chair, I pointed out that having her keyboard 2 foot in front of her was the cause, she said that it had to be there so she could write on her pad and after suggesting putting her pad next to her on the side she went barmy telling me it was a disgrace that she had to put her head into a slight movement right to make a note! My boss got involved and as her desk was a mess suggested putting her stapeler etc in the draw, her response "Im not being funny but that means I will have to turn to open my draw" I lost it and nearly got into trouble by asking if she wanted someone to wipe her arse for her to.

:lol:

One for Paddy's Things That Cheer Me Up thread.

Well heres two more that I had the pleasure of dealing with this morning!

I had a complaint that the inspection area was freezing as the heating was playing up, we know the heating is dodgy so brought them electric heaters in the winter and spending 10 grand for a new system in the spring. The rep said that the girl complaining was not happy and I best go in there which I did. The room was warm! I asked who complained about the room and the girl turned around and said that it was ok now as she had been forced to turn on the heaters!!! My reply

"oh that was a really good idea, nice to see people use their iniative" and calmly walked out imagining her face pressed on an old electric bar heater!

Next was was just after lunch.

Rep "Anna is complaining that her back is hurting her on the press"

Me "The same Anna that complained 2 years ago and we spent a lot of money putting in a Pneumatic foot pedal and the same Anna who said there was no other problems!" :evil:

Rep: "yes"

I went down and she was using a chair which I replaced at a cost of £130 a few months ago and was not using the new one, she wanted me to get the engineers down to design an adjuster so the the foot pedal could be lowered and raised. I dragged over the new chair, adjusted the back support and asked her to try and she said it was fine but then!

her: "But I like the other chair! why do you english men never listen"

Me "I do but you are talking about a chair that no longer exists as you reported that chair dangerous ages ago and I asked for it to go in the skip, I dont want to fill in a near miss that you were using a dangerous chair that you shouldnt have and the chair I gave you does the job so thats fair isnt it"

Her "well now I want something to lean my elbows on!

**** OFF!!!! :evil:

Dealing with people who think that because I work in Health and Safety I am going to listen to the most pathetic shit and keep my mouth shut.

One girl was complaining about her back hurting her and wanted a new chair, I pointed out that having her keyboard 2 foot in front of her was the cause, she said that it had to be there so she could write on her pad and after suggesting putting her pad next to her on the side she went barmy telling me it was a disgrace that she had to put her head into a slight movement right to make a note! My boss got involved and as her desk was a mess suggested putting her stapeler etc in the draw, her response "Im not being funny but that means I will have to turn to open my draw" I lost it and nearly got into trouble by asking if she wanted someone to wipe her arse for her to.

Capitalism syndrome, also known as when-I-have-a-problem-I-buy-my-way-out-of-it-titis.

I have another one. The guy in my office who is the stereotypical anti-apple fan boy.

Anyone mentions anything to do with their iPhone or somethign about an iPad and he's guaranteed to chirp up with his same old spiel about how shit apple is and how the product in question isn't very good.

My boss has just mentioned he might get an iPad, and there he goes:

"Ohhh you want to wait a few months and get the Kindle Fire. It's got blah blah this and blah blah that and widgets and wodgets. And it's only £200. You could get 2 for the price of an iPad. iPads really aren't very good, they don't have this and they lack that"

Or someone mentions that their iPhone is playing up

"Ohhh that's because Apple don't let you do this and iPhones are actually vastly inferior when it comes to this and that and processors and other techincal bollocks. What you should do is get my phone which is the best value phone blah blah pound for pound bollocks bollocks."

Shut the **** up you sad ****. No-one cares. Work issues iPhones to these people so it's not like they have a choice. And you don't launch into similar rants when someone mentions that their Sony Xperia or their **** Nokia 3310 is playing up.

I'm sure everything he says is right. But we all just sit there glazed over until he shuts up. Literally no-one cares.

Here's a handful of reasons why I don't like the Voice

It's ridiculously smaey compared to other shows of the same ilk.

The whole premise of the show is bullshit. "It's all about the voice". Bollocks. Did the people who pick these guys to go through to the blind auditions not see who they were picking? of course they did. And once the blind auditions are over, what then? Oh it's just X Factor. Again.

Jessie J. **** me she's annoying. She talks as if she's been in the music business for 50 years. And she puts her hand to her ear and sings along like she's hearing it in a different way to all of us. Die

Danny from the script. Purely because he always turns around, pouts, and bobs his head like an egyptian.

Every week, apparently, they've had an ex-popstar audition. That's a nice coincidence :detect:

The constant umming and ahhing over whether they should press their button. It's so false.

I could go on

Now thats all well and good but the Voice wins over XFactor and BGT for me for the simple reason that so far noone with obvious learning difficulties or who is simply a bit..... well, "special" has been humiliated on national TV because they have been led on by a cynical production team.

This for me too, BGT and xfactor is so contrived and I actually dont enjoy the way they slag of the shit talent to millions, if they were so shit theen why did so pre audition let them on? why? because making idiots out of them gets viewers, people laugh at the fact that these people actually think they can sing but dont know that the people in the early auditions bigged them up to think that so the reaction was bigger.

I like the voice as I think that they dont know who is coming on, they have all been vetted so there is none of the ridicule, I dont mind if some has beens come on even if it is an ugly plastic face lead singer from Five Star, I dont like Jessie J! but the concept is good and its watchable.

BGT is basically a comedy show, the point being to laugh at the bad performers, and also to laugh at David Walliams' staged 'attacks' on Cowell. It's music hall stuff, but that's always been part of the British 'light entertainment' scene.

Answering the phone at work and the conversation goes as follows;

Me: "Good morning, *insert company name*"

Them: "..Sorry, is that *insert other company name*"

Me: "*headdesk*.. No.. It's *insert company name*"

Them: "Oh right.. Sorry"

Yep, thats a pet hate of mine, it goes like this

**ring ring**

me: Hello, tamuff_villa speaking

caller: Hi, I'm after tamuff_villa

me: ...speaking...

me: Hello, tamuff_villa speaking

caller: Hi, I'm after tamuff_villa

me: ...speaking...

Try

me: Hello, [company name], tamuff_villa speaking

I bet you don't get the irritating 2nd line nearly as often then. You're giving them your name almost at the same time that they've just realised you've answered the phone, so they're not really listening yet.

The one I hate is

Me: Hello, John Smith's phone

Them: Is John there?

Me: No, that's why I've just answered his phone...

I know they can't really help it, I'd probably do the same. But still.

The one I hate is

Yeah, I think you're in the right thread there. That shouldn't piss you off. I'm regularly 'them' in that situation but I usually ask if he's about.

I hate when someone other than the intended receiver answers one of my calls. I hate telephones at the best of times, but this just throws me and makes me awkward with the person I wanted to talk to.

I had a telephone interview once, what the hell is that all about?

The one I hate is

Yeah that too. Answering Dads phone when he's on the landline.

Me: Steve's phone, Dante speaking

Them: Hi Steve, it's Tony

Me: This is Dante..

Chemists/pharmacies - Or rather their 'front of house' servers. They think they're doctors. You're not a doctor. You're not even close to one. You're a jumped up newsagent, now give me what I asked for, as it's not on prescription.

I've said it before but I genuinely think I have a phobia of phones. I hate using them
We've covered this one in the past, and you're not alone. I'm the same. I'd rather either email OR meet face-to-face than have to phone somebody.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â