Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I'm going to double down, too (probably should be in the Unpopular Opinions thread) - Paul Young's "Wherever I Lay My Hat" is way better than Marvin Gaye's original. 

I can't listen to the Marvin Gaye version because Paul Young sang it

And whilst we're on the subject of people who can't sing any more, Debbie Harry, she's 77 and it's no surprise but ffs give it up

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Must admit, this VT hatred of Paul Young has come as something of a surprise to me. 

I’m not VT, I think everyone else just thinks he can’t hold a note any more.

But yes, I absolutely hated Paul Young after No Parlez was released

Im just as shocked that you, who hates the 80s likes Paul Young who really does represent a lot of what was bad musically in that era

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

I’m not VT, I think everyone else just thinks he can’t hold a note any more.

But yes, I absolutely hated Paul Young after No Parlez was released

"Any more" could well be true, I've not heard him for years. And not liking the stuff he did in the 80s, well that's just down to personal preferences. But to say he couldn't sing back then is plain wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I don't hate Paul Young, I don't even dislike him. He never ventured on to my radar other than his cover of this. He was just a mid table 80s popstar.

That's a more reasonable assessment. 

I've said it before and I will say it again.

If someone on my team has a Friday off and you get their out of office, and you then you forward that (VERY UNIMPORTANT) request to me - you're a bellend.

I've got week long out of office and I figure it can wait,.

You can't wait until Monday. Really??

Yes, that email isn't getting read and it isn't get a reply from me.

• Like 2

I went to Halewood on Wednesday and on the return went over the Merseyflow toll bridge. Forgot to pay the toll until just now. It was supposed to be by midnight last night. Hopefully there’s a little bit of flexibility but I won’t hold my breath.

On 16/06/2022 at 07:55, Designer1 said:

Yeah, originally it was quite amusing but i find it very cringey now.

You miserable old cudmudgeon

• Haha 2

For my part, I will admit guilt in the mate-gate affair.....mainly due to listening to Erdo Pete on WM who used the word as a verbal fullstop. 

Feel a bit bad now ☹️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I've said it before and I will say it again.

If someone on my team has a Friday off and you get their out of office, and you then you forward that (VERY UNIMPORTANT) request to me - you're a bellend.

I've got week long out of office and I figure it can wait,.

You can't wait until Monday. Really??

Yes, that email isn't getting read and it isn't get a reply from me.

What does that bolded sentence mean?

Getting oil change on the car, bloke on the phone says an hour. Cool, i’ll wait and keep an eye on work email/teams on my phone.

Checkin and the bloke says 1-1.5 hour, grrr, ok… an hour and 45 mins and the guy just said 10 more minutes. FFS. 

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

Getting oil change on the car, bloke on the phone says an hour. Cool, i’ll wait and keep an eye on work email/teams on my phone.

Checkin and the bloke says 1-1.5 hour, grrr, ok… an hour and 45 mins and the guy just said 10 more minutes. FFS. 

FFS, I did an oil change on my car three weeks ago using a vacuum pump and it took all of twenty minutes

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

FFS, I did an oil change on my car three weeks ago using a vacuum pump and it took all of twenty minutes

It did include a 54 point inspection / service but still, 2 hours was taking the piss. 

All done now though

4 hours ago, Genie said:

I went to Halewood on Wednesday and on the return went over the Merseyflow toll bridge. Forgot to pay the toll until just now. It was supposed to be by midnight last night. Hopefully there’s a little bit of flexibility but I won’t hold my breath.

not a chance. They are a bunch of words removed in the capital of words removed

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

What’s the penalty, do you know?

£40 reduced to £20 if paid within 14 days. But here's the thing, that £4 you've just paid, goes towards your next crossing, you'll still need to pay the £4 with the fine

Yes, I'm entirely serious

• Shocked 1

33 minutes ago, bickster said:

£40 reduced to £20 if paid within 14 days. But here's the thing, that £4 you've just paid, goes towards your next crossing, you'll still need to pay the £4 with the fine

Yes, I'm entirely serious

It did cross my mind whether I should bother paying as I was now late, but I thought I would just in case it somehow got me off the hook.

I guess they’ll track my name and address down via my registration and send me a letter?

Edited by Genie

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â