Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

18 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Seen Paul Young supporting Roy Wood a few Christmases back. He was terrible, truly bad.

See, I read this post and the other ones above and I have to question if any of you ever thought he could sing?

He was always a pretty face with loads of effects on his voice. I give you as evidence, Young murdering LWTUA on The Tube and the studio verion isn't much better.

His backing singers can sing, he can't and because of that, every time they sing at the same time, it's obvious

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Thanks for your help. The wife is flapping a bit about this, cause she generally drives like Miss Daisy, especially when coming home from work. I'll reply when we find out. 👍

It might be worth you posting a copy of the paperwork with any identifiable info removed so people can help better

20 minutes ago, bickster said:

See, I read this post and the other ones above and I have to question if any of you ever thought he could sing?

He was always a pretty face with loads of effects on his voice. I give you as evidence, Young murdering LWTUA on The Tube and the studio verion isn't much better.

His backing singers can sing, he can't and because of that, every time they sing at the same time, it's obvious

I don't think I'll ever forgive you for sharing that  ... 💩

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

The backing singers sounded okay, although to be honest I wasn't listening, just noticed that they didn't have bras on. 😂

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

The backing singers sounded okay, although to be honest I wasn't listening, just noticed that they didn't have bras on. 😂

They were flapping a bit😉

12 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

This was normal in the ‘80s. Blame Madonna for making the bra fashionable again

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I don't think I'll ever forgive you for sharing that  ... 💩

I don't think I've ever forgiven him for covering LWTUA or for ruining my tea that Friday in 1983, such an awful performance it's stuck with me all this time. And they released it as a desperate fourth single off the album AFTER that performance

I f***ing hated him

13 hours ago, bickster said:

OK. I reckon his pitching is only off on the chorus/refrain - when the backing girls are joining in, in fact, which may have been his problem. I've certainly heard far worse. And on the verses, I rather like his singing - but then I prefer that approach to the Ian Curtis drone, and I have none of the reverence for the original version that I'm sure some of you have. 

I have no idea what he's like now, but I think the 80s Paul Young was pretty good, actually one of the better performers in an otherwise dismal musical era. 

Edited by mjmooney

I saw Paul Young at Ronnie Scott's about 20 years ago. He spent most of the performance smoking weed and his voice was shocking. And Dermot Reeve stole my seat. 

8 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Unpopular opinion (in Other Football), I find the ‘mate’ stuff really boring in the small heath thread

It’s a joke that has certainly run its course.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Unpopular opinion (in Other Football), I find the ‘mate’ stuff really boring in the small heath thread

Yeah, originally it was quite amusing but i find it very cringey now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm going to double down, too (probably should be in the Unpopular Opinions thread) - Paul Young's "Wherever I Lay My Hat" is way better than Marvin Gaye's original. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You up to date with Bassini? The joke is only just getting started (mate):D 

Not really, from an outsider looking in it sounds like he's going to bypass building a lidl and go straight to turning St Andrews in to a £5 a day car park

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Not really, from an outsider looking in it sounds like he's going to bypass building a lidl and go straight to turning St Andrews in to a £5 a day car park

It’ll be a shame to see Birmingham City FC gone

Said nobody ever

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â