Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I refer to it as "Glasto"....cos I've been and therefore sneer at anyone who calls it GlastonBERRY.

One for the boring thread I guess...☹️

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

Dizzee Rascal then

I think when you look at those last three on the Pyramid Stage, there's not a lot of Solo performers in those slots, of those that are, less than half of them are British. George Ezra, Paul Weller and Adele maybe a few more

Dizzee Rascal hasn't headlined either. He played the Pyramid Stage immediately before the headliner in 2010 (Gorillaz, who stepped in for U2), but that's the closest he's got.

27 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

it becomes a bit clearer now ,  the non white people are staying away on the grounds of musical taste :) 

I was looking through the list last week as a mate is going. I got down to about the 8th stage before I saw a single act I'd be interested in watching. It must be the largest cultural collection of shite in British history.

Paul **** McCartney is still warbling on, really?

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I was looking through the list last week as a mate is going. I got down to about the 8th stage before I saw a single act I'd be interested in watching. It must be the largest cultural collection of shite in British history.

Paul **** McCartney is still warbling on, really?

yep ditto   ..  Primal Scream and Supergrass are about the only 2 artists I'd be interested in  , possibly Jarv IS  , but by all accounts he doesn't play any Pulp stuff so tis probably going to be shite

McCartney's voice had gone at the 2012 Olympics , dread to think what it will be like now 

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

yep ditto   ..  Primal Scream and Supergrass are about the only 2 artists I'd be interested in  , possibly Jarv IS  , but by all accounts he doesn't play any Pulp stuff so tis probably going to be shite

McCartney's voice had gone at the 2012 Olympics , dread to think what it will be like now 

McCartney live on BBC will be hilarious as his voice is totally gone. What is surprising is even with his voice as it is, he is still doing 2 and a half hours plus live concerts. 

in before someone says its about the experience and not the acts

personally id watch mccartney, diana ross too, then kendrick lamar, fontaines, idles, foals, leon bridges, little simz, noel, skunk anansie, supergrass, wet leg and wolf alice, the libertines are doing a "secret" mid day show too

its not great but it'd just about be enough

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

in before someone says its about the experience and not the acts

personally id watch mccartney, diana ross too, then kendrick lamar, fontaines, idles, foals, leon bridges, little simz, noel, skunk anansie, supergrass, wet leg and wolf alice, the libertines are doing a "secret" mid day show too

its not great but it'd just about be enough

I saw Wolf Alice in Madrid a few years back  ...  I'd probably see them and Skunk I suppose 

Libertines would be when you find me at the bar furthest from the stage 

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I saw Wolf Alice in Madrid a few years back  ...  

Never seen them, based on their last album they'd be near the top of my list

Had the chance in 2015, not long after the first album had come out (which I knew about because someone in the vinyl record group I'm in said Worcester had the special gold edition which I bought before I'd even listened to them, good album) was at reading festival walking to see foals play a secret set because their new album was coming out and walked past WA playing a secret acoustic set in a garden shed to about 7 people but I'm a big foals fan so kept walking 

Jay-Z headlined in 2007 ffs.

The lineups these days are about as diverse as you could possibly get, not sure what else they could to attract a more diverse crowd.

The population of the UK is about 13% non-white I believe. That is almost certainly still underrepresented at Glastonbury, but it is a relatively expensive camping 'holiday' in the middle of rural Somerset, so 🤷‍♂️

Edited by fightoffyour

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

McCartney live on BBC will be hilarious as his voice is totally gone. What is surprising is even with his voice as it is, he is still doing 2 and a half hours plus live concerts. 

I watched some of his latest live stuff on you tube as he's been touring in the states very recently. There's intertwining footage and vocals from John Lennon on I've got a feeling.

As you say his voice is shot to bits. Almost cringe worthy hearing him trying to sing those Beatles and Wings songs.

15 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

Almost cringe worthy hearing him trying to sing

talking of which , you should see the footage of Paul Young doing the rounds from his recent tour 

I hope some refunds are being given 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

talking of which , you should see the footage of Paul Young doing the rounds from his recent tour 

His voice has gone; flat as a pancake. 

Same with Suggs (from Madness, as opposed to Suggs the plumber)

30 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Ask who? I only have a number for the ticket office and they won't tell us. 

OK,

So here's some info from the CPS

The offence of driving without reasonable consideration under s.3 RTA 1988 is committed only when other persons are inconvenienced by the manner of the defendant's driving, see s.3ZA(4) RTA 1988.

The maximum penalty is a level five fine. The court must also either endorse the driver’s licence with between three and nine penalty points (unless there are "special reasons" not to do so), or impose disqualification for a fixed period and/or until a driving test has been passed. The penalty is the same as for driving without due care and attention.

A driving without due consideration charge is more appropriate where the inconvenience is aimed at and suffered by other road users.

Note the essential difference between the two offences under s.3 RTA 1988 is that in cases of careless driving the prosecution need not show that any other person was inconvenienced. In cases of inconsiderate driving, there must be evidence that some other user of the road or public place was actually inconvenienced; Dilks v Bowman-Shaw [1981] RTR 4 DC.

Charging Practice

This offence is appropriate when the driving amounts to a clear act of incompetence, selfishness, impatience or aggressiveness in addition to some other inconvenience to road users. The following examples are typical of actions likely to be regarded as inconsiderate driving:

• flashing of lights to force other drivers in front to give way;
  • misuse of any lane (including cycling lanes) to avoid queuing or gain some other advantage over other drivers;
  • unnecessarily remaining in an overtaking lane;
  • unnecessarily slow driving or braking without good cause;
  • driving with un-dipped headlights which dazzle oncoming drivers, cyclists or pedestrians;
  • driving through a puddle causing pedestrians to be splashed;
  • driving a bus in such a way as to alarm passengers.

So, it seems like in your case there has to have been another person who was inconvenienced by her driving.

It's also the case that If you disagree with the £100 FPN, you can request, as you've said, a court hearing (but if the judge doesn’t find in your favour it could increase your/her costs).

So we're still left with "but what is the actual alleged evidence"?  - has a copper seen her using her phone while driving? or staying in the wrong lane or with main beam on... and who can you ask?

Well, the paperwork should tell you who to contact - there should be contact details on it. Failing that I would suggest replying by mail to the place you sent the first reply to, stating that your wife doesn't believe she's done 'owt wrong, that she was driving how from a 12 hour nursing shift in the pandemic...blah blah and asking for more information. Include the reference number of the charge/FPN demand and see what happens - or contact the local police to where it happened and explain the situation - see if they can advise..

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, blandy said:

OK,

So here's some info from the CPS

So, it seems like in your case there has to have been another person who was inconvenienced by her driving.

It's also the case that If you disagree with the £100 FPN, you can request, as you've said, a court hearing (but if the judge doesn’t find in your favour it could increase your/her costs).

So we're still left with "but what is the actual alleged evidence"?  - has a copper seen her using her phone while driving? or staying in the wrong lane or with main beam on... and who can you ask?

Well, the paperwork should tell you who to contact - there should be contact details on it. Failing that I would suggest replying by mail to the place you sent the first reply to, stating that your wife doesn't believe she's done 'owt wrong, that she was driving how from a 12 hour nursing shift in the pandemic...blah blah and asking for more information. Include the reference number of the charge/FPN demand and see what happens - or contact the local police to where it happened and explain the situation - see if they can advise..

Thanks for your help. The wife is flapping a bit about this, cause she generally drives like Miss Daisy, especially when coming home from work. I'll reply when we find out. 👍

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Seen Paul Young supporting Roy Wood a few Christmases back. He was terrible, truly bad. Yet daft middle aged women were still screaming at him. 

36 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Thanks for your help. The wife is flapping a bit about this, cause she generally drives like Miss Daisy, especially when coming home from work. I'll reply when we find out. 👍

My mom was a passenger in her friends car a few months back, and they noticed an accident at a junction near her house. 

They drove on and a copper came tearing after, pulled them and accused him of not stopping at the junction. 

Copper also accused him of using mobile phone which is easily provable but he wasn't. 

He then drove back past where the plods were at the original incident and had a row with them (sounds like me) where they added swearing to his charges. 

He decided to go to court as he'd done nothing wrong, and four months later the magistrates threw the case out for lack of evidence, and the coppers didnt even show up

Utter cocks. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â