Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

It was not directed at you (if the hat fits wear it), your not that special, not everything is about you, and I really dont think about you that much.

Now we can please move on from this. It is boring. :thumb:

You thought I was slagging your spelling the other day Stevo :lol: Are we a little paranoid? :)

What exactly do you mean by that?

Why would you write that?

Is this because I corrected your grammar once?

;)

What exactly am I wrong about?

Amelia Earhart. I've re-read your theories countless times but I just can't bring myself to believe it was alien abduction.

DAMMIT! Mark my words, soon the whole world will know the truth!

It was not directed at you (if the hat fits wear it), your not that special, not everything is about you, and I really dont think about you that much.

Now we can please move on from this. It is boring. :thumb:

you're

The word Dutch is related to the German endonym "deutsch" and only over time has acquired its distinct English meaning referring to the language and people from the Netherlands that historically were part of the Holy Roman Empire and ethnically German. Etymologically, the word dutch originates from the Old High German word "diutisc" (from "diot" "people"), referring to the Germanic "language of the people" as opposed to Latin, the language of the learned (see also theodiscus). Only later did the word come to refer to the people who spoke the language. Other Germanic language variants for "deutsch/deitsch/dutch" are: Dutch "Duits", Yiddish "daytsh", Danish "tysk", Norwegian "tysk", and Swedish "tyska".

The English term "Germans" is only attested from the mid-16th century, based on the classical Latin term "Germani" used by Julius Caesar and later, Tacitus. It gradually replaced the terms "Dutch" and "Almains", the latter becoming mostly obsolete by the early 18th century. The 17th and 18th century British and Anglo-American literature commonly drew a distinction between "High Dutch"—referring to the German language or to German-speakers from the Holy Roman Empire—and the "Low Dutch"—referring to the Dutch language of the Netherlands. Thus, the Pennsylvania Dutch are not the Dutch people from the Netherlands but descendents of people who spoke a type of High Dutch. Therefore, despite urban legend to the contrary, the term Pennsylvania Dutch is not so much a misnomer as it is an anachronism.

A work colleague questioning my judgement in a series of work emails, sent as group emails and that group includes the entire board of directors and everyone on my level and above.

This despite, the man at the top backing my judgement to the hilt in the email exchange and telling everyone that he would rather everyone adopt my methodology and reasoning. Which is obviously his too as discussed at previous meetings by the two of us before this subject even came up amongst the group.

It shouldn't piss me off because I am right, my logic is perfect, the boss agrees with me 100% and I was tasked by him to try and change the culture amongst my colleagues.

But for some reason it does, it's pissing me off, even though the other person is clearly aiming a howitzer at his own feet.

A work colleague questioning my judgement in a series of work emails, sent as group emails and that group includes the entire board of directors and everyone on my level and above.

This despite, the man at the top backing my judgement to the hilt in the email exchange and telling everyone that he would rather everyone adopt my methodology and reasoning. Which is obviously his too as discussed at previous meetings by the two of us before this subject even came up amongst the group.

It shouldn't piss me off because I am right, my logic is perfect, the boss agrees with me 100% and I was tasked by him to try and change the culture amongst my colleagues.

But for some reason it does, it's pissing me off, even though the other person is clearly aiming a howitzer at his own feet.

Go easy on him bickster. He's only human. I've often wished I could question your judgement in a series of group emails :P

I'm not even replying to it tbh, he has other issues underlying this, its just I'm his focus because I'm seen as being a bit too successful atm. He's setting himself up for an even bigger fall than the one he's already had

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â