Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I'd say eviction is when you're turfed out prematurely. This is merely the expiration of a contract. Still no more of a comfort to you though as it amounts to a move regardless. Sorry to hear it.

I'd say eviction is when you're turfed out prematurely. This is merely the expiration of a contract. Still no more of a comfort to you though as it amounts to a move regardless. Sorry to hear it.

Yeah you could be right, it's just a contract expiry rather then being thrown out so maybe it isnt eviction. Thanks though :)

Have they given you reason for the eviction? Will there be small compensation for the inconvenience? To be honest, it is only 1 month short of the 6 months anyway.

I think the landlord has sold the property so there's nothing anyone can do. It will be the full 6 months (As they're getting keys 31st of May). So no compensation, it's my own fault as I should have signed a 12month contract.

Worst thing is there's no where on the market where i'd like to live so I may have to move back to the parents til something comes up, which is just more hassle with storage etc...

:cry:

Yeah you could be right, it's just a contract expiry rather then being thrown out so maybe it isnt eviction. Thanks though :)

Have they given you reason for the eviction? Will there be small compensation for the inconvenience? To be honest, it is only 1 month short of the 6 months anyway.

I think the landlord has sold the property so there's nothing anyone can do. It will be the full 6 months (As they're getting keys 31st of May). So no compensation, it's my own fault as I should have signed a 12month contract.

Worst thing is there's no where on the market where i'd like to live so I may have to move back to the parents til something comes up, which is just more hassle with storage etc...

:cry:

Wounder. Had it done to me last year too, and found out while on holiday...!

If you want to be a word removed about it, there are ways of dragging it out if their paperwork isn't up to scratch. And technically they can't get you out without a court order - the Section 21 notice that they should have submitted to you is merely a notice that they will start court proceedings to remove you if you are not gone on that date. These take months.

On a brighter note, we were two weeks shy of our notice date when a house came up on the same street at the same price, and was a lot nicer. We love our new house, and it makes the old one seem shite. Just religiously check rightmove - this house had been on the market for two minutes when I called up and had it removed - paid holding deposit over the phone there and then without even viewing it, then had a few mates round to cart stuff up the road (12 doors away). Took four hours with a few cider and fag breaks. So it can work out for the best.

If you want to be a word removed about it, there are ways of dragging it out if their paperwork isn't up to scratch. And technically they can't get you out without a court order - the Section 21 notice that they should have submitted to you is merely a notice that they will start court proceedings to remove you if you are not gone on that date. These take months.
If the landlord has actually sold the property then I don't think you can "be a word removed" about it at all. Your contract is with someone who no longer owns the property, not to mention the contract has expired. There's having no leg to stand on and then there's this.

The growing trend of writing "Mc[insert un funny insult here]" is getting more and more annoying.

Amen, where did the putting something after the word Mc even originate from. Its not a play on words, it makes no sense, if it was Capello no one would go Castupid or Caclueless, so why with Mc?

It's not even clever.

But every time I read someone writing "McStupid" or similar, I have this vision of them leaning back in their chair with their hands behind their head once they've hit submit and chuckling to themselves smugly because they think they've been really clever and funny.

The growing trend of writing "Mc[insert un funny insult here]" is getting more and more annoying.

Dunno that it's a growing trend, or that it's managing to get even more annoying that it was to start with, but it IS unvaryingly un funny.

Broadly speaking it's a good way to separate worthwhile posts from ones that aren't, though.

Been a lovely day today... which I have witnessed from meeting rooms in Canary Wharf or on trains. Spent the grand total of about 10 mins outside today :-(

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â