Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

And why do vending machines always seem to charge way over the odds prices?

Cause at the shop you can argue or get all niggly at the price to the shopkeeper.With the vending machine you have to take it or leave it.

There was a good quote from the actress Josie Lawrence on the radio the other day. Apparently a cabbie said to her: "You like like that Catherine Zeta-Jones... only uglier".

If you Google them, you can see what he was getting at. But he could perhaps have worded it better.

:lol: Brilliant. He's right. Very right if you know what I mean. In this particular case I agree more tact could have been used, but on a more general note, I find that cases that lack tact are matched just as often by cases where a tolerant ear was missing when tact has been used. So to bring my post back on topic, I'll say that society's desire to be offended by anything and everything these days is one of my major bugbears.

I promise you, I actually try to find good in anything. But on top of the fat remark *whish is fairly common on my mothers side of the family* what followed it once being thinner was noticed?....'Let me get you something to eat'

On the plus side in less than 24 hours 3 people were shocked at my age thinking I was much younger. One followed it up with 'Damn I hope I look that good when I'm THAT old'.....WIN!!!!! made the entire day better I tell ya!!!

Oops, just to clarify Jaime, my post was not in any way referring to yours. It was a standalone response to Mike's post. I probably should've made that clearer but until I read your post just there it never even dawned on me that mine might be taken that way. Apologies if it was :oops:

There was a good quote from the actress Josie Lawrence on the radio the other day. Apparently a cabbie said to her: "You like like that Catherine Zeta-Jones... only uglier".

If you Google them, you can see what he was getting at. But he could perhaps have worded it better.

:lol: Brilliant. He's right. Very right if you know what I mean. In this particular case I agree more tact could have been used, but on a more general note, I find that cases that lack tact are matched just as often by cases where a tolerant ear was missing when tact has been used. So to bring my post back on topic, I'll say that society's desire to be offended by anything and everything these days is one of my major bugbears.

I promise you, I actually try to find good in anything. But on top of the fat remark *whish is fairly common on my mothers side of the family* what followed it once being thinner was noticed?....'Let me get you something to eat'

On the plus side in less than 24 hours 3 people were shocked at my age thinking I was much younger. One followed it up with 'Damn I hope I look that good when I'm THAT old'.....WIN!!!!! made the entire day better I tell ya!!!

Oops, just to clarify Jaime, my post was not in any way referring to yours. It was a standalone response to Mike's post. I probably should've made that clearer but until I read your post just there it never even dawned on me that mine might be taken that way. Apologies if it was :oops:
That's right, Jaime. You're more like [insert name of glamorous movie star], only prettier.

I think we got away wit it, Bri.

I work in the IT department for a huge company that has offices all over this country and in others. The one I work at is the larget with around 800 employees and we have this system where if somebody has a problem, they should call the central support team, who are based in another office and they will try to solve the problem. If they can't solve the problem or need us to do something in person they will pass the problem over to us to look at.

Now, there are some people who will by pass that and call us or email us directly which I have absolutely no problem with but my boss does. He doesn't like the fact that people call us directly so he has ordered 800 stickers with the phone number of the cenral support team's phone number on it and he is now making me go and stick one of these stickers on all 700-800 phones across our building.

rocket polisher.

was on a sensory course today at Nottingham Uni

lunch time we went down to the student canteen .. the scruffy kill the rich but future banker just as soon as i've graduated kid in front of me was wearing shorts and open toed sandals ... If I was his teacher or whatever you call them at Uni , I'd refuse him entry into my class room dressed like that

You'd have hated Aber then Tony - sandals all year round for a lot of students in my time there.

I got pissed off today when a bloke came into the shop and asked me 'Are these going to get any cheaper?'.

You'd have hated Aber then Tony - sandals all year round for a lot of students in my time there.

is there no dress code at all at Uni ? or does it depend on the Uni ?

Depends on the uni, and also the lecture/tutorial/seminar organiser. My experience was basically casual wear across the board but a couple of friends had some lessons where they were expected to be a bit smarter. I always just turned up in the same stuff I'd wear around the house, though never sandals. A guy on my course turned up in a dressing gown more often than not, which was weird, but nothing was ever said.

I think Oxbridge requires a proper academic dress in some lessons, and smart casual in others.

That's right, Jaime. You're more like [insert name of glamorous movie star], only prettier.

I think we got away wit it, Bri.

*laughing* You cheeky brat! BOF, I was just replying to it. No worries. I actually adore you both.

is there no dress code at all at Uni ? or does it depend on the Uni ?

Dress code? At a university? Good grief, what a strange idea.

What would you suggest? Hush Puppies, duffel coat and a varsity scarf?

Hell no, there are too few bohemians around nowadays as it it. We'd have shown them a thing or two back in the 70s.

Probably been posted before but cant be arsed to search....

Radio DJs who talk over records with inane dribble about themselves usually......and THEN jump in again before end of same classic tune i havent heard for ages, for more dribble, telling us all "what a great track I've just played for you all !!"

SHUT THE **** UP !!!!

Worse still, those breakfast boy/girl radio shows........so smug & false.....honestly, dont you all realise you're all ten-a-penny, so dont go around larging yourselves up as celebrities, cos in 2 yrs time you'll be on the game or making celeb appearances at B&Q's latest store opening in small heath, if you'rte lucky.

rocket polishers, the lot of em !

Probably been posted before but cant be arsed to search....

Radio DJs who talk over records with inane dribble about themselves usually......and THEN jump in again before end of same classic tune i havent heard for ages, for more dribble, telling us all "what a great track I've just played for you all !!"

SHUT THE **** UP !!!!

Absolutely this.

One great thing about John Peel back in the day was that he carefully DIDN'T do that, because he knew people would be taping the songs! I even remember him once accidentally speaking over the first few notes of a song, apologising, and then starting it again.

The counterpart to that is DJs that don't actually tell you what a track is. OK, I know that most stations nowadays have a playlist on their website, but sometimes I hear something I like and I want to know what it is.

All I require from a DJ is:

(1) Tell us what you are going to play

(2) Play it

(3) Tell us what you just played (in case we tuned in halfway through)

(4) Go to (1)

The counterpart to that is DJs that don't actually tell you what a track is. OK, I know that most stations nowadays have a playlist on their website, but sometimes I hear something I like and I want to know what it is.
Which is why Shazam & Soundhound are a god*send :)

* and by 'god' I do of course mean 'computer programmer' :P

All I require from a DJ is:

(1) Tell us what you are going to play

(2) Play it

(3) Tell us what you just played (in case we tuned in halfway through)

(4) Go to (1)

that would be a perfect radio station.

Which is why Shazam & Soundhound are a god*send :)

* and by 'god' I do of course mean 'computer programmer' :P

Oh, I agree.

But it would be so much simpler if the **** just did their job and told us, instead of acting like a hyperactive three-year-old running round screaming: 'Look at me! Look at ME!!!'

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â