Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I've been planning a lunchtime pub session with a few ex-workmates in our old watering hole. Usual blokey stuff, beer, football and political incorrectness. But a female former colleague who thinks she's 'one of the lads' tried to invite herself. Now, she's OK in herself, but there's a time and place, and this isn't it. Anyway, we've resolved it, we'll arrange something more 'inclusive' on another day, keeping the lads' day sacroanct. 

But I made the mistake of mentioning all this to the missus, and she's giving me hell about it - how we're a bunch of sexist neanderthals, and so on. Yet I can guarantee that if the roles were reversed, and her girls' day out was invaded by a solitary bloke who wasn't a particular mate (read: gay), she and her cronies would be totally pissed off. 

On the side of your wife here. Couldn't imagine meeting up with work mates and excluding the women. Not really into all male nights out either. I appreciate that this is a football forum and I will almost certainly be in the minority. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I've been planning a lunchtime pub session with a few ex-workmates in our old watering hole. Usual blokey stuff, beer, football and political incorrectness. But a female former colleague who thinks she's 'one of the lads' tried to invite herself. Now, she's OK in herself, but there's a time and place, and this isn't it. Anyway, we've resolved it, we'll arrange something more 'inclusive' on another day, keeping the lads' day sacroanct. 

But I made the mistake of mentioning all this to the missus, and she's giving me hell about it - how we're a bunch of sexist neanderthals, and so on. Yet I can guarantee that if the roles were reversed, and her girls' day out was invaded by a solitary bloke who wasn't a particular mate (read: gay), she and her cronies would be totally pissed off. 

@mjmooneygetting ready for his booze up

spacer.png

• Haha 4

51 minutes ago, bickster said:

Goes from black to grey in about 12 months

Thats what we have :D

I guess there is expensive and cheap tarmac. I'm just going on the next door nieghbours, was lovely when done, black and shiny. Now it looks like an old council road. I ain't told him mind. 😂

38 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

In the old days we would have jumped at the chance of inviting a female. One of us lads would probably have ended up s******ing her at the end of the night after a few beers. 😂

Not now though obviously, with political correctness and not taking advantage of the lone women, blah blah blah............

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

On the side of your wife here. Couldn't imagine meeting up with work mates and excluding the women. Not really into all male nights out either. I appreciate that this is a football forum and I will almost certainly be in the minority. 

Generally, I'd agree - I don't like all male 'nights out' either, but this is something different - a nice quiet lunchtime, where our main topic of conversation will feature football quite heavily (she hates it) and that's why we're going to have a different meetup, with a mixed crowd. That will be absolutely fine. But I don't want to put her through having to glaze over while we discuss promotion and relegation - or alternatively, us lot pointedly avoiding it. It's the difference between old friends and merely ex-colleagues. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Not now though obviously, with political correctness and not taking advantage of the lone women, blah blah blah............

I know yeah, bloody wokey lefty liberals. You can’t even masturbate these days without getting cancelled can ya?

What are you on about? :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I guess there is expensive and cheap tarmac. I'm just going on the next door nieghbours, was lovely when done, black and shiny. Now it looks like an old council road. I ain't told him mind. 😂

I was talking about the block paving you're going for. Ours was black but had turned grey within 12 months

Block paving is a pain in the arse in my opinion. Think of all the cracks that weeds grow through. If you pressure wash it you'll take out all the sand between the blocks and have to buy more kiln dried sand to brush over it to fill the gaps in again. The only way to combat that is to have it sealed, my advice would be to get it sealed but you'll have to redo that every few years as it doesn't last forever

• Like 1

My company are opening some new, albeit tiny, hot-desking offices.

They don't have a kitchen.

They have a T-point.

Aaaaarrrrghhhhhhh f#!!#&&&#& T-point nonsense! It's a kitchen! A KITCHEN!!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â