Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

After 3 postponed trips to Iceland (covid malarkey)   , 4th time lucky end of this month .. well I say Lucky , BA emailed to say they've cancelled our flight out  .. and they only fly once a day   ... I tried to fly with Icelandic Air instead , but they want £3200 for the 4 of us  ... so BA it is ,  now booked on the flight the following day  , had to juggle the excursions , thankfully the tour agencies were accommodating  , but BA would have given nothing if that excursion had been lost 

as a   double **** you , then then emailed me to say they had cancelled my flight to Budapest in July 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

After 3 postponed trips to Iceland (covid malarkey)   , 4th time lucky end of this month .. well I say Lucky , BA emailed to say they've cancelled our flight out  .. and they only fly once a day   ... I tried to fly with Icelandic Air instead , but they want £3200 for the 4 of us  ... so BA it is ,  now booked on the flight the following day  , had to juggle the excursions , thankfully the tour agencies were accommodating  , but BA would have given nothing if that excursion had been lost 

as a   double **** you , then then emailed me to say they had cancelled my flight to Budapest in July 

You need to stay in more. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I do this nearly every year with my car insurance. I get a quote that’s a hundred pound or so cheaper elsewhere, but then never get round to making the phone call.

In fact it’s up for renewal in 2 days. I wonder if I’ll make the call. 

I’m sure it was on here that I read it that you’re more likely now to pay more as a result of leaving it to the last minute. The insurance companies will see you as more of a risk taker and charge a little more.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Xela said:

Ended up fixing but the rate was over 0.5% higher than what i was offered in March for the same term. Its not a huge sum in the scheme of things, about £20 per month more, but I'm absolutely fuming with myself and my dithering, which will result in me paying £250 a year more. Its like giving money away. 

No offence meant here but you're so rich you wipe your bum with £20 notes.

So I'm told 🤔🤣

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

You need to stay in more. 

tbf I  did that through 2020 and 2021  

May and June are mental with cancelled / rescheduled trips and gigs  .. Peter Hook even had the cheek to reschedule his date to the same date as another rescheduled gig I'm going to 

first world problems  :) 

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

No offence meant here but you're so rich you wipe your bum with £20 notes.

So I'm told 🤔🤣

£50 notes mate! :ph34r:

Its not the £20 per month that bothers me, its just because it was down to me being a lazy ****. 

Think how many pairs of Slazenger joggers i could get from Sports Direct with that saving! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Think how many pairs of Slazenger joggers i could get from Sports Direct with that saving! 

Oi !! Lonsdale joggers if you don't mind !

Slazenger ? Do you think I'm a complete pikey ?!?!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Will need in depth reports on this trip - missus and eldest wanted to do Iceland for a few years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Will need in depth reports on this trip - missus and eldest wanted to do Iceland for a few years.

If they've also been saving for years they might just about afford to buy a meal out there by the sounds of it !!  

Must admit  I'm looking forward to it  , more so since it has been delayed so many times .. the boy and I are scuba diving in Silfra  , going Cod fishing (hopefully the Royal Navy will leave our boat alone) ... the girls wanted to do Huskey stuff  whilst we did this , but its the wrong time of the year for that , so they are going to see Puffins and probably giggle their way around the penis museum  

then we've all got a trip up a glacier and a zodiac boat out to icebergs  .. and that's before we get into Geysers and waterfalls  .

phew !! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

If they've also been saving for years they might just about afford to buy a meal out there by the sounds of it !!  

Must admit  I'm looking forward to it  , more so since it has been delayed so many times .. the boy and I are scuba diving in Silfra  , going Cod fishing (hopefully the Royal Navy will leave our boat alone) ... the girls wanted to do Huskey stuff  whilst we did this , but its the wrong time of the year for that , so they are going to see Puffins and probably giggle their way around the penis museum  

then we've all got a trip up a glacier and a zodiac boat out to icebergs  .. and that's before we get into Geysers and waterfalls  .

phew !! 

Iceland is bloody amazing.  We spent a week or so travelling around the outer rim back in May 2015.  On the morning we were climbing up a trail to a waterfall being sunblasted and on the evening we were being snowed in (we had snow fights!).  Lovely people too :)

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Genuinely wallet breaking for food and drink. It was over £10 a pint when I went 6 years ago. £35 for a pasta dish in an Italian restaurant. 

53 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Shops and businesses that only have a facebook or other social media page but not a proper website.

You just cant convey the same level of information without a proper website in my opinion.  And I don't have any non VT social media accounts as I am sure many others don't.

"Check us out on Insta!"

1.  It's Instagram.
  2.  No.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Shops and businesses that only have a facebook or other social media page but not a proper website.

You just cant convey the same level of information without a proper website in my opinion.  And I don't have any non VT social media accounts as I am sure many others don't.

See cash only

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

While I agree, it’s not about providing you with that level of information it’s about getting their brand name in your head.  Social media without trying hits more views than any non-giant companies website and at the fraction of the cost.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

See cash only

Or you end up not carrying coins because these days you never use them and then suddenly you hit a parking meter that is coin only! So you go to your car for those spare coins in the little cup holder and remember your young nephew pinched them yesterday to buy a kinder egg. 😭

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Or you end up not carrying coins because these days you never use them and then suddenly you hit a parking meter that is coin only! So you go to your car for those spare coins in the little cup holder and remember your young nephew pinched them yesterday to buy a kinder egg. 😭

I am never short of change, perk of the job :D

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, nick76 said:

it’s about getting their brand name in your head.  Social media without trying hits more views than any non-giant companies website and at the fraction of the cost.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â