Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

14 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Sam Smith's pubs. No swearing allowed, mobile phones banned and cash payment only. 

The only pub in walking distance of our house is a Sam's. I refuse to use it. 

I remember a coffee shop in Manhattan that had a "no technology area."

I found this out the first time I went in to get a coffee, which funnily enough was the last time I went in there. Another coincidence is that it was out of business 3 months later.

What a shame.....

19 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Fat gimps with their chest out that think they are Rambo because they rock an Armani white T-Shirt and have a 40 inch waste.

Mate. You don't look like the shit. Hit a treadmill you fat red faced ****.

artworks-000032605198-ukw543-t500x500.jpg.3a3a2df40052ea10da0375aa7bfed73c.jpg

• Like 1

On 30/04/2022 at 21:13, Xela said:

Money laundering operations, all of them. Barbers, takeaways, nail salons, tanning salons, etc. 

Can remember back when I was a kid working in the chippy and the owner sold it to another guy 

"Ive got you a £1 and hour pay rise but if he ever asks you've been on this much since you started" 

Of course mate... 

• Like 1

Okay, this is extremely trivial, but then on topic for the thread I guess.

I watch a lot of Youtube videos on my TV, don't watch much linear TV any more. However, sometimes - not all the time - when I start a video, it will begin normally, then at around 20 seconds (always this interval) the sound will fade, and the video will stop itself. This does not happen on laptop, phone, other devices. WTF is going on?

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Okay, this is extremely trivial, but then on topic for the thread I guess.

I watch a lot of Youtube videos on my TV, don't watch much linear TV any more. However, sometimes - not all the time - when I start a video, it will begin normally, then at around 20 seconds (always this interval) the sound will fade, and the video will stop itself. This does not happen on laptop, phone, other devices. WTF is going on?

Sounds like it's just showing the preview for some reason. When I watch YT vids on my TV I can hover over the thumbnail and it gives me around 20 seconds of the start of the video and then the sound fades and it stops. No idea why it would do it when you hit play though but it does sound suspiciously similar.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Sounds like it's just showing the preview for some reason. When I watch YT vids on my TV I can hover over the thumbnail and it gives me around 20 seconds of the start of the video and then the sound fades and it stops. No idea why it would do it when you hit play though but it does sound suspiciously similar.

Yeah, you might be on to something . . . but why on earth would that be happening?

14 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, you might be on to something . . . but why on earth would that be happening?

You probably have to visit YouTube on a computer, but fairly sure there are all sorts of options to disable previews and autoplay and all that.

If you can disable the preview, maybe it will stop what's happening to you?

Previews with sound on are something that really annoy me. Netflix is terrible for it, and now YouTube is doing it. I always mute while I’m browsing on the TV, can’t be doing with the intrusive volume every time you flick through.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â