Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Hit a peasant in my car. Stupid thing skipped out of a hedge and stopped dead in front of me on a national speed limit road. No time to react or brake as it was only about 20 feet in front of me :(

Harsh. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Hit a pheasant in my car. Stupid thing skipped out of a hedge and stopped dead in front of me on a national speed limit road. No time to react or brake as it was only about 20 feet in front of me :(

Deep in the heart of pheasant country here, it’s a daily occurrence avoiding the pheasants.

They make chickens appear intelligent. 

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Deep in the heart of pheasant country here, it’s a daily occurrence avoiding the pheasants.

Wouldn't want an intelligent bird for people of limited genetics to shoot at, they might not present a sitting target which would ruin the sport. 

1 hour ago, bickster said:

They fly so clumsy, had one damage the grill on my car the once. Slowed down for it (to about 40mph) and it flew straight into the front of my car.

As it happens, I nearly took one out earlier on the country lanes by ours, its dusk and the stupid sodding thing is pecking at tarmac in the middle of the road, fields and a large woods all around it, nope, it's pecking at dust in the road. They must like their seeds salty

7 hours ago, bickster said:

As it happens, I nearly took one out earlier on the country lanes by ours, its dusk and the stupid sodding thing is pecking at tarmac in the middle of the road, fields and a large woods all around it, nope, it's pecking at dust in the road. They must like their seeds salty

kenneth-williams-leespoons.gif

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

When you are good at something, you know you are good, like there is no need to show off. Which is why most professional UFC fighters, Boxers have never used there skills out of the ring, they would usually talk themselves out of a situation. I myself did martial arts for 12 years, an a little bit of boxing (at the Holte pub), when I was a lad. To learn a martial art or box from a young age if taught correctly.will teach a child, discipline, confidence, not to look for trouble, an not to use violence unless absolutely necessary, like when you can't walk away from a situation. This for your child, can only be a good thing surely.

One of my pals who now teaches Krav marga, got in alot of trouble when he was younger. He is now one of the most mild mannered guys you would meet, proper polite, an even now would walk away from any trouble.

This is 100% correct.Just because a person can box,Karate,Kung foo,etc etc etc.There is no need to show off.I have never fought outside of the ring,in my case I have found ( on only 3 occasions ) that a veiled threat is enough.I dont even know if you would call it a threat.I remember one time I was going for my daily walk with one of those devices that you loaded music into and listened to it while walking.It was fairly early morning and I stopped at a crossing and this guy said "I like your music device" I replied that they cost $10 at Harvet Norman.He said "no,I like your one" to which I replied,why dont you come over here and get it then.I have found that something like this is all that I have ever had to do.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I know I’ve complained about similar before. I’m now going to rant.

Just been on a walk, part of the route included a bridle path. Along the path, I can see a dog walker and a couple of dogs up ahead, about a football pitch’s length away from me. I slowly carry on, and as is so often the case the dogs come bounding over towards me, barking, leaping about. Not sure what sort of dogs they were. Maybe slightly above medium sized dogs. 

I stand to the side, in some sort of vague hope that the dogs lose interest and the owner will come over and calm them down. She shouts them a few times, still about 150 yards away from me and the dogs. The dogs are still interested in me, the one in particular is barking and growling in a fairly unfriendly way. I’m standing still.

The owner disappears at one point, out of my view. The quieter dog has backed away a bit and seems to be going to find her, the more aggressive dog is still bounding about. At one point I was worried that this dog didn’t belong to her at all.

After a few minutes, the dogs reluctantly return to their owner who reappears, still a 150 yards away. I abandon my walk and head back the way I came.

The owner catches up to me in her car and says “Sorry if they upset you”. I don’t reply. I feel that if I said anything it wouldn’t be particularly pleasant so I just shake my head in a contemptuous way and walk on.

Am I being unreasonable here? It seems to me that the unofficial etiquette is if an unleashed dog is impeding a walker, the walker just has to get on with it and the owner takes the view “Well, what can I do about it?”. If I had a dog and it was barking and jumping about at someone, I’d be over there as quickly as I could to keep the dog under control and to provide some reassurance. I don’t want a dog jumping up at me and I wouldn’t assume anyone would be happy to have my hypothetical dog jumping up at them.

I often hear “Oh he won’t hurt you, he’s friendly!”. How the **** am I meant to know that, person I don’t know? So far I’m struggling to see any signs of this alleged sunny disposition of which you speak.

100% this. Happens all the time. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Just been on a walk, part of the route included a bridle path. Along the path, I can see a dog walker and a couple of dogs up ahead, about a football pitch’s length away from me. I slowly carry on, and as is so often the case the dogs come bounding over towards me, barking, leaping about. Not sure what sort of dogs they were. Maybe slightly above medium sized dogs. 

I stand to the side, in some sort of vague hope that the dogs lose interest and the owner will come over and calm them down. She shouts them a few times, still about 150 yards away from me and the dogs. The dogs are still interested in me, the one in particular is barking and growling in a fairly unfriendly way. I’m standing still.

The owner disappears at one point, out of my view. The quieter dog has backed away a bit and seems to be going to find her, the more aggressive dog is still bounding about. At one point I was worried that this dog didn’t belong to her at all.

After a few minutes, the dogs reluctantly return to their owner who reappears, still a 150 yards away. I abandon my walk and head back the way I came.

The owner catches up to me in her car and says “Sorry if they upset you”. I don’t reply. I feel that if I said anything it wouldn’t be particularly pleasant so I just shake my head in a contemptuous way and walk on.

Am I being unreasonable here? It seems to me that the unofficial etiquette is if an unleashed dog is impeding a walker, the walker just has to get on with it and the owner takes the view “Well, what can I do about it?”. If I had a dog and it was barking and jumping about at someone, I’d be over there as quickly as I could to keep the dog under control and to provide some reassurance. I don’t want a dog jumping up at me and I wouldn’t assume anyone would be happy to have my hypothetical dog jumping up at them.

I often hear “Oh he won’t hurt you, he’s friendly!”. How the **** am I meant to know that, person I don’t know? So far I’m struggling to see any signs of this alleged sunny disposition of which you speak.

Cannot agree more. As a family, we don’t own a dog but like to go on walks etc and this happens to us all the time. My daughter is 7 years of age and gets a little scared when dogs run towards us or jump around us. Not all dogs are friendly and even if they are, I don’t particularly want them jumping up us.

To add to this, I get really wound up seeing dog crap just left on a walking path, on a walking field or worse still on the pavement at the end of our drive! 

• Like 3

I mentioned to the Mrs Friday we could go out for lunch today for Easter, which she replied with a brisk"could do".

Didn't speak about it since then and she's been pottering around the house this morning doing a few things, so not really spoke. She has just come to me now the football has just started and I'm chilled on the sofa "are we going for this meal then"? 

She's just walked off into the garden at my dull response, said im a let down. Im sure women dont mention stuff just to keep there options open. 😐 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

"happy zombie Jesus day". Hilarious, I suspect the people that say this probably welcome new starters at work with welcome to the madhouse. 

Sorry Your Holiness 

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I go running along a trail used by a lot of dog walkers. Generally find most of the owners are very good - either have very well trained dogs off the lead, or they keep their dogs on a tight lead and step aside to let you past.

But definitely have encountered stuff like this before, and the attitude of the owners always annoys me. Some dog owners just have a warped idea of what is reasonable behaviour… the sorts of people who say things like “this is a dog walkers’ path and you can go somewhere else if it bothers you” on local Facebook groups… you know the types.

One tip I was given was to not stare at the dog, and if possible to avoid approaching it square on. And then pepper spray it in the face 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

We have 6 beaches here.

Dogs are allowed on all 6 through the off season, but only 5 of the 6 in tourist season.

They constantly moan about their lack of access to 1 of the 6 beaches for part of the year.

It’s such a sense of entitlement, really quite special.

I think a decent proportion of dog owners love their dog more than their family, and take massive offence at any restrictions on that dog’s right to self-determination and freedom of woof.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â