Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Every time @chrisp65talks about putting people on ignore I do wonder if I'm on his list. I feel like a hypocrite because I've had to click You've chosen to ignore content by chrisp65. Options to read his vicious slights on the VT community, but I can't resist the temptation.

12 hours ago, bickster said:

Sister-in-law has arrived and just like last time, she's pissed me off before she's walked through the door.

I have a relatively large drive, four cars easy with only one being blocked in

Due to the amount of space I always reverse onto the drive and park sideways on as it gives a much safer exit when leaving the house

Last time she turned up, she just turned in and parked facing forwards (I care not about this) but she completely blocked my car in, you know, the one that will be used over the weekend

Right, so before she turned up this time I reversed on but just straight and all the way to the right of the drive leaving what I can only describe as a F**KING HUGE Space in the rest of the drive. Yep she turned up and parked straight on directly next to my car meaning I now have to bounce it up and down the raised kerb to get on and off the drive

She has got no common sense whatsoever, she's an electronic engineer that makes and designs military grade telecoms

Thats me off to the pub

What's wrong with asking her to move and telling her where the best place to park in the future is?

1 hour ago, il_serpente said:

Bicks is a little bit shy about making comments to people that could be perceived as being negative.

4 hours ago, brommy said:

What's wrong with asking her to move and telling her where the best place to park in the future is?

Back in Southampton is too tempting

On 08/04/2022 at 21:24, foreveryoung said:

Not sure if anyone has experienced this, or if its even a bad thing, but my lad is 7 now, only child. he is only a small lad, so I thought I would get him to start karate to toughen him up a bit and maybe when he is older a bit of boxing, just so he can look after himself and ofcourse something to do out of school.

Screenshot_2022-04-16-08-41-08-05_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Screenshot_2022-04-16-08-41-08-05_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

My advice is,go for the boxing.I boxed myself ( middleweight ) for about 5 years and the most important thing I learnt ( for the future ) was how to punch.Most people think you just throw a fist,not so, you put the whole weight of your whole arm and shoulder behind every punch.Even now,at my age I feel confident that I could hold my owne and give a good account of myself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

My advice is,go for the boxing.I boxed myself ( middleweight ) for about 5 years and the most important thing I learnt ( for the future ) was how to punch.Most people think you just throw a fist,not so, you put the whole weight of your whole arm and shoulder behind every punch.Even now,at my age I feel confident that I could hold my owne and give a good account of myself.

I hate boxing. Would never watch it, would never do it, and would never encourage my kids to do it. I've heard all the arguments about how technical and skilful it is, but ultimately it's punching people and hurting them. It's violence. It disgusts and saddens me in equal measure. It should be confined to history, and I would happily ban it. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Hit a pheasant in my car. Stupid thing skipped out of a hedge and stopped dead in front of me on a national speed limit road. No time to react or brake as it was only about 20 feet in front of me :(

• Sad 2

Just now, Xela said:

Hit a pheasant in my car. Stupid thing skipped out of a hedge and stopped dead in front of me on a national speed limit road. No time to react or brake as it was only about 20 feet in front of me :(

Was it ok?

1 hour ago, bickster said:

What passes for journalism today. Reach titles being close to the bottom (Guaranteed this story is on many of its regional titles today)

They really should just F*** Off!

Yes, this is one of those topics that I see trending on Google when I do a search.

Now I clicked on it on this occasion - Kinder recently recalled a load of eggs due to salmonella concerns - so bearing in mind it’s Easter and my daughter might be given a crème egg, I check to see if there’s a similar health risk. 

It comes up with the dross you’ve highlighted there, which seems to give the impression people didn’t realise the cream inside was trying to look like a boiled egg. 

The articles (yes I’ve seen more than one) repeatedly use a tweet of some bloke asking what is the “goo” inside the chocolate  (I think he meant is it a technically a fondant or something). The reason I mention this tweet is that it’s being used as an example of the current debate, but it was posted in 2012 :huh:

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I hate boxing. Would never watch it, would never do it, and would never encourage my kids to do it. I've heard all the arguments about how technical and skilful it is, but ultimately it's punching people and hurting them. It's violence. It disgusts and saddens me in equal measure. It should be confined to history, and I would happily ban it. 

When you are good at something, you know you are good, like there is no need to show off. Which is why most professional UFC fighters, Boxers have never used there skills out of the ring, they would usually talk themselves out of a situation. I myself did martial arts for 12 years, an a little bit of boxing (at the Holte pub), when I was a lad. To learn a martial art or box from a young age if taught correctly.will teach a child, discipline, confidence, not to look for trouble, an not to use violence unless absolutely necessary, like when you can't walk away from a situation. This for your child, can only be a good thing surely.

One of my pals who now teaches Krav marga, got in alot of trouble when he was younger. He is now one of the most mild mannered guys you would meet, proper polite, an even now would walk away from any trouble.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

What passes for journalism today. Reach titles being close to the bottom (Guaranteed this story is on many of its regional titles today)

They really should just F*** Off!

Holy shit. I ALWAYS wondered about that. Thanks Liverpool Echo. 

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â