Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I know it's probably going to be very divisive, but today's news story was "should teachers deserve a pay rise". Every teacher thinks they more than deserve it, as they work so hard and not 0900 till 1530 like some think (not that we do). That may be the case, but many people in employment work just as hard, 0800 till 1800, it's standard for some, an not on a average wage of 32k.  Sorry, but so bored hearing this argument from teachers.

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

many people in employment work just as hard, 0800 till 1800, it's standard for some, an not on a average wage of 32k.  Sorry, but so bored hearing this argument from teachers.

Are you saying that you think “other people work hard too” is a reason not to give teachers a pay rise? Or are you saying that the claim about working hard is not a valid claim to make in support of a pay claim? Or something else?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I know it's probably going to be very divisive, but today's news story was "should teachers deserve a pay rise". Every teacher thinks they more than deserve it, as they work so hard and not 0900 till 1530 like some think (not that we do). That may be the case, but many people in employment work just as hard, 0800 till 1800, it's standard for some, an not on a average wage of 32k.  Sorry, but so bored hearing this argument from teachers.

I nearly clicked like but didn't quite. 

I think it's a thankless job with so many barriers to doing it well from unruly kids who can't be disciplined to scumbag parents believing that some teachers got nothing better to do with their time than to have a vendetta with their kid to the soul destroying monitoring and pointless targets. 

But I was once sat in a pub with 2 teachers complaining about their lot in life and trying to work out what other job they could to to earn the same amount of money and maintain the same amount of free time and they were stumped - this was the reason for my almost like. 

There are some extremely well paid jobs open if you can progress too, and I suspect their pension and other perks are superb. 

But yeah, I don't think that a teacher would understand the completely different kind of pressure that people working in private sector with stretching targets and deadlines to get things done by have to deal with, and more and more often these days too. 

Edited by sidcow

1 minute ago, blandy said:

Are you saying that you think “other people work hard too” is a reason not to give teachers a pay rise? Or are you saying that the claim about working hard is not a valid claim to make in support of a pay claim? Or something else?

Most employees deserve a pay rise, why single out teachers all the time. They are not the only ones who work hard, an it's not a bad average salary. 

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

why single out teachers all the time

Who’s doing that?  The teachers unions put an argument together stating why their members should be paid more. That case reflects all kinds of supporting evidence, including their efforts over the past year, the cost of living, the importance of educating kids well, the stresses and strains of their job…etc.

My Union does the same for me and my colleagues, all unions do that. People not in unions do the same individually. My perception is that pretty much everyone does it. 

• Like 3

Just now, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I wonder what Teachers actually think they should be paid ?

(I think they do a great job as it goes)

More than others, it comes across as.

Look, I know a few teachers and they seem to live in there own little employed world, generally stick together, an don't really see how the people in other employment have the same struggles, with hard work, long hours. I was having a conversation, when the one guy thought to carry on working a couple of hours a day through the school holidays was some kind of hardship.

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

Who’s doing that?  The teachers unions put an argument together stating why their members should be paid more. That case reflects all kinds of supporting evidence, including their efforts over the past year, the cost of living, the importance of educating kids well, the stresses and strains of their job…etc.

My Union does the same for me and my colleagues, all unions do that. People not in unions do the same individually. My perception is that pretty much everyone does it. 

I don't agree with unions, but that's another story.

• Shocked 1

Sister-in-law has arrived and just like last time, she's pissed me off before she's walked through the door.

I have a relatively large drive, four cars easy with only one being blocked in

Due to the amount of space I always reverse onto the drive and park sideways on as it gives a much safer exit when leaving the house

Last time she turned up, she just turned in and parked facing forwards (I care not about this) but she completely blocked my car in, you know, the one that will be used over the weekend

Right, so before she turned up this time I reversed on but just straight and all the way to the right of the drive leaving what I can only describe as a F**KING HUGE Space in the rest of the drive. Yep she turned up and parked straight on directly next to my car meaning I now have to bounce it up and down the raised kerb to get on and off the drive

She has got no common sense whatsoever, she's an electronic engineer that makes and designs military grade telecoms

Thats me off to the pub

5 hours ago, bickster said:

no common sense whatsoever, she's an electronic engineer that makes and designs military grade telecoms

Ah. I see the problem. Lots of really clever people are not of this same world.

Pubs is a good plan.

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Things that piss me off that shouldn’t?

Doing the correct admin not to see the views of some posters and then other people repeatedly quoting them.

I've never blocked anyone.

What is it about the posters you want literally nothing of?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I've never blocked anyone.

What is it about the posters you want literally nothing of?

There aren’t many. I’m a simple soul and it’s easier to go through life with the words of William S Burroughs in mind:

If, after having been exposed to someone's presence
You feel as if you've lost a quart of plasma
Avoid that presence
You need it like you need pernicious anemia

spacer.png

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â