Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

When you’re driving on a motorway and you indicate to switch lane and some knob half a mile behind you flashes their headlights to ‘allow’ you to move over.

I was naughty the other day. There was a BMW in the middle lane doing 65, nothing on the left lane at all. So I sped round her in the fast lane then cut across (I did indicate) all the way to the slow lane whilst tooting my horn.

Silly woman still didn't move over. ****ing crotch goblin.

28 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I was naughty the other day. There was a BMW in the middle lane doing 65, nothing on the left lane at all. So I sped round her in the fast lane then cut across (I did indicate) all the way to the slow lane whilst tooting my horn.

Safer to undertake, and IMM it gets the message across better, because often after I've done that, they've moved over as if the realisation that 'he shouldn't have been able to go under me' made them realise. Whereas you probably just got a 'f**king knob' reaction :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Genie said:

BHX still looking like chaos, it seems to have been fine till Sunday then a complete mess this week.

**** me that's the ground floor as well isn't it?

For anyone unfamiliar with BHX, security is upstairs! And there's a LOT of queuing space upstairs. So that queue is gigantic

36 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I do this but make sure I flash my lights while I'm approaching from behind.

Don't really care if it's not the done thing. Stupid words removed should learn how to drive.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people do this

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

**** me that's the ground floor as well isn't it?

For anyone unfamiliar with BHX, security is upstairs! And there's a LOT of queuing space upstairs. So that queue is gigantic

We arrived at the baggage drop at 7am and arrived at the gate at 9:30, that was after they called our flight out of the security queue. We went straight upstairs too, so it’s looks like 3+ hours to get through the airport if they are queueing downstairs.

We took off an hour late due to the queues, but they didn’t say it was delayed an hour otherwise we’d have got something to eat. Shit show all round. Not looking forward to arrivals / immigration and baggage claim. I’ll be amazed if that’s running smoothly.

Edited by Genie

17 minutes ago, BOF said:

Safer to undertake, and IMM it gets the message across better, because often after I've done that, they've moved over as if the realisation that 'he shouldn't have been able to go under me' made them realise. Whereas you probably just got a 'f**king knob' reaction :)

I tried that with a Range Rover that was crawling in the middle lane. As soon as I pulled level they put their foot down
🤣

20 minutes ago, BOF said:

I don't think I trust someone who sits in the middle-lane, oblivious to either their surroundings or lane discipline to check their mirrors and blindspot before they merge back to the left

• Like 2

I have to remember when I’m driving a car with the company logo and phone number, and when I’m just driving a plain car and when I’m driving my own car.

Three very different driving styles.

3 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Flying in and out of MAN weekend after next, pretty concerning.

Have a hand luggage suitcase to take on the plane heading there so won’t have to wait for the baggage handlers arriving there, “just” the ground staff to open the door. Then I’ve paid to check it in on the way back because I wanted to bring a few beers back but this seems like a bad idea right now. Would have to pay again to bring it on board unless they let me swap the added extra (pretty sure they won’t, this is Ryanair after all).

Only hope on the way back is that the flight leaves quite early (10 am), and you would think this is a problem that builds up throughout the day.

I flew out of MAN last Wednesday, a day or two after the chaotic scenes hit the news. We were dreading it, with stories of people missing their flights and losing their luggage. The reality was that we were through security in 15 minutes, probably the quickest I’ve ever seen it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I would also guess no but check the app, it's better than the website for adding things on after the booking I'm just not sure about taking things off

And I'm not sure how true this is but someone at passport control at Stansted once told me that different hours during the day cost different amounts and that Ryanair try and book as many of their flights in to the cheapest hour rather than spread them throughout the day, means that if 10am is cheap not only will you have several Ryanair flights around that time but no doubt others as well - I asked the question because it took well over an hour to get through passport control, felt like a thousand people crammed in there 

Yeah they did put all the flights together presumably so they can all work the desks in shifts as well, I only presume that earlier is better because there’s only a finite amount of flights and therefore people that can have amassed during the first 4 hours of security being open as opposed to building up over the course of the whole day.

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I don't think I trust someone who sits in the middle-lane, oblivious to either their surroundings or lane discipline to check their mirrors and blindspot before they merge back to the left

No this isn't a 'before they merge back to the left' situation. This is a 'they've been in the middle lane all alone for 3 miles or more' situation. It takes the appearance of another car to bring them out of autopilot, by which time; and by definition; you've already gone ahead of them.

2 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Why do people only complain about people that do this in the middle lane and not those who do it in the fast lane meaning that nobody could overtake? 

Because I guess that one really goes without saying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I just love it when there's 3 artics all in a line, trying to overtake each other at 56mph. An only the fast lane open, full of the BMW crew doing 90mph+ 🙄

On a hill. The M62 in a nutshell. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Flying in and out of MAN weekend after next, pretty concerning.

Have a hand luggage suitcase to take on the plane heading there so won’t have to wait for the baggage handlers arriving there, “just” the ground staff to open the door. Then I’ve paid to check it in on the way back because I wanted to bring a few beers back but this seems like a bad idea right now. Would have to pay again to bring it on board unless they let me swap the added extra (pretty sure they won’t, this is Ryanair after all).

Only hope on the way back is that the flight leaves quite early (10 am), and you would think this is a problem that builds up throughout the day.

My boss went to see Man City in Spain last night. Flew through security at Manchester, with no problems at all. 7:30 am. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, blandy said:

My boss went to see Man City in Spain last night. Flew through security at Manchester, with no problems at all. 7:30 am. 

Midweek it isn't so much of an issue, It's weekends when the package holday flights fly out that appears to be causing the problem

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â