Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

11 hours ago, rjw63 said:

words removed causing havoc round by us at the fuel depot have been on the radio. 

Some Millie Tant woman said "we're  not protestors because we're not protesting. It's civil disobedience." 

I assume its OK for me to be civilly disobedient and cave your head in with my baseball bat then? 

Reminds me of this badgering old fool on an Aer Lingus flight a while back. I was hoping that a son of the soil going to his old man's funeral got out of his seat and sparked him the eff out, or at least dragged him to the exit door and launched him onto the tarmac.

Protests like that and the oil refinery really impact Joe Public in the main and all it will do is "make" the petrol companies hike the prices up again cos of less supply.

Anyway, back to Foggy Dewhurst :

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1

Money making scams adverts on Youtube. Whether for crap products that claim to have been created by a disillusioned employee because they didn't like the way the company was ripping off the masses. Or the vast number of bullshit, "Try my strategic money making training video, I'm only doing it because I want to give free money away. I might not offer this for long because I'm happy with those already onboard". Some of the garbage is horrendous.

On 10/04/2022 at 22:09, rjw63 said:

Just Stop Oil. 

Better known as Just Stop Ordinary People Getting To Work. 

Absolute scumbags. 

Do these words removed expect us all to cycle to work, in my case over 40 miles up and down the M42? Pricks. 

Causing havoc in our village too as one of the roads leads to Kingsbury terminal. 

Get a job you crusty vermin. 

Has the police helicopter that constantly circles the roads leaping to the depot been keeping you up too perchance? 

18 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Has the police helicopter that constantly circles the roads leaping to the depot been keeping you up too perchance? 

Nah don't notice it once I'm unconscious. Probably the vodka 😁

I have a suspected knee tendon rupture and that's **** pissed me off.

Only hurt on Wednesday/Thursday.. I don't understand, but apparently there is a big hole above my knee cap which isn't on the other side.

**** off 

• Sad 3

54 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I have a suspected knee tendon rupture and that's **** pissed me off.

Only hurt on Wednesday/Thursday.. I don't understand, but apparently there is a big hole above my knee cap which isn't on the other side.

**** off 

Luckily the NHS is running like a well oiled machine currently and you’ll be getting the best possible care as a matter of urgency. Makes you proud to be 🇬🇧.

Anytime somebody from Yorkshire appears on anything and they have to tell you about 70 times that they're from there.

"I'm this or that cos I'm a Yorkshireman"

"You can't fool me because I'm from Yorkshire"

"I can do this like a proper Yorkshireman" blah blah blah

Who do they think they're impressing, because nobody from anywhere else gives a hoot about counties.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Luckily the NHS is running like a well oiled machine currently and you’ll be getting the best possible care as a matter of urgency. Makes you proud to be 🇬🇧.

To be fair to them. I got diagnosed with arthritis in my knee at the end of November and had to do a self referral for physio. I'd heard some horror timescales for NHS physio. They said to expect a 16 week wait which I thought wasn't too bad. Got an appointment at the end of the month. So not far off the estimate. All in all from GP to scans to physio it  hasn't been bad at all.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

To be fair to them. I got diagnosed with arthritis in my knee at the end of November and had to do a self referral for physio. I'd heard some horror timescales for NHS physio. They said to expect a 16 week wait which I thought wasn't too bad. Got an appointment at the end of the month. So not far off the estimate. All in all from GP to scans to physio it  hasn't been bad at all.

With every Trust being its own little kingdom, it's very much a postcode lottery, even more so if GPs are involved as they're private and a law unto themselves.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Anytime somebody from Yorkshire appears on anything and they have to tell you about 70 times that they're from there.

Who do they think they're impressing, because nobody from anywhere else gives a hoot about counties.

Can’t say I’ve noticed this

probably too busy being from Yorkshire to spot it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

My folks sometimes watch Angus Ashworth on the Yorkshire Auction House and he’s very much like that. Now, ok Yorkshire is in the name of the show so he’s going to mention it on occasion. But every time I’ve seen him on that or any other antique based show, he manages to crow bar the county he’s from into discussion. It’s as if being from there is a personality trait. 

The Yorkshire Tea adverts have a similar vibe, “This is Yorkshire!!!”.

Don’t know what it is, I don’t think any other county has that sort of insistent sense of self. Certainly from a media stance.

33 minutes ago, bickster said:

I believe it's actually much worse at MAN

Me too. MAN was worse last week too. The BHX chief exec was on the TV over the weekend saying how it was much better there than at Manchester, 93% through security in 20 minutes. Then on Monday all hell breaks loose. I bet he’s keeping his head down now.

Flying in and out of MAN weekend after next, pretty concerning.

Have a hand luggage suitcase to take on the plane heading there so won’t have to wait for the baggage handlers arriving there, “just” the ground staff to open the door. Then I’ve paid to check it in on the way back because I wanted to bring a few beers back but this seems like a bad idea right now. Would have to pay again to bring it on board unless they let me swap the added extra (pretty sure they won’t, this is Ryanair after all).

Only hope on the way back is that the flight leaves quite early (10 am), and you would think this is a problem that builds up throughout the day.

Edited by fightoffyour

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Flying in and out of MAN weekend after next, pretty concerning.

Have a hand luggage suitcase to take on the plane heading there so won’t have to wait for the baggage handlers arriving there, “just” the ground staff to open the door. Then I’ve paid to check it in on the way back because I wanted to bring a few beers back but this seems like a bad idea right now. Would have to pay again to bring it on board unless they let me swap the added extra (pretty sure they won’t, this is Ryanair after all).

Only hope on the way back is that the flight leaves quite early (10 am), and you would think this is a problem that builds up throughout the day.

I would also guess no but check the app, it's better than the website for adding things on after the booking I'm just not sure about taking things off

And I'm not sure how true this is but someone at passport control at Stansted once told me that different hours during the day cost different amounts and that Ryanair try and book as many of their flights in to the cheapest hour rather than spread them throughout the day, means that if 10am is cheap not only will you have several Ryanair flights around that time but no doubt others as well - I asked the question because it took well over an hour to get through passport control, felt like a thousand people crammed in there 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â