Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

On the subject of Africa and since we're in this thread. Anyone watch Pointless yesterday? Anagrams of African countries was one of the head to heads and as I particularly like African geography I was similarly particularly annoyed that I couldn't get one of the anagrams. That rightly pissed me off (and shouldn't).

I know exactly who Voinjama is. He's is a small city that serves as the capital of Lofa County, Liberia and is located in the hilly, far northern part of the country near the Guinean border.

I did charity work there around the time when I signed up for the site back in 08. A bit of a silly reason i guess but it is what it is. Should of called myself AVFC 82EUROCHAMPS or something.

On the subject of Africa and since we're in this thread. Anyone watch Pointless yesterday? Anagrams of African countries was one of the head to heads and as I particularly like African geography I was similarly particularly annoyed that I couldn't get one of the anagrams. That rightly pissed me off (and shouldn't).

Was Kenya one? I didn't see the programme but Kenya seems one of the easiest to jumble up......eg yanke

T.S Eliot pisses me off.
He speaks very well of you.

Seriously though, I'm quite surprised. I thought you'd go for a bit of Prufrock.

I like his work, I just don't like his highly intellectual approach, which seemed to counter all the wonderful 'imagist' poems that came out during the same period.

You can appreciate T.S Eliot, but very rarely do you get that transcendent quality that good writing should have, at least in my opinion.

I know exactly who Voinjama is. He's is a small city that serves as the capital of Lofa County, Liberia and is located in the hilly, far northern part of the country near the Guinean border.

I did charity work there around the time when I signed up for the site back in 08. A bit of a silly reason i guess but it is what it is. Should of called myself AVFC 82EUROCHAMPS or something.

:lol: at all the users who pick usernames based on real player names. SGC being an obvious example.

Players come and go but usernames, unfortunately, remain.

The thing about VT is it completely anonymous. So people can divulge information about sharting, problems they have experienced in the bedrooms with their wives/girlfriends etc and know that we dont know your real name or what you look like etc.

I feel that if this was a facebook forum, where you can see the persons real name, and photo of what they look like, people would not be so happy to reveal said information. I know a few of you guys know eachother in the real world but the majority of people on this forum, dont know who anyone else really is.

I could sit next to one of you guys at villa park, and you would not know I was Voinjama. I think that anonymity explains some of the crazy posts I have read on this site over the past 3 years I have been a member. It has its negatives, and it has its positives.

I suppose so, to an extent. I wouldn't want my mum reading the stuff I put on here and I think I would have a fair few things to explain to Mrs Paddywhack if she read it.

But my best mates are on here and I wouldn't care if people saw my face, knew my name or saw me at VP.

Anyway, back on topic, being made to feel guilty in to not doing overtime at work. We were once asked how many hours we can pledge to work on the weekend. If it was none, they wanted to know why and what your plans were.

Was Kenya one? I didn't see the programme but Kenya seems one of the easiest to jumble up......eg yanke

Liberia, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, Angola and one other. I went all around the continent from country to country in my head and nothing fitted. Nothing had a letter 'V'. Then the bastards revealed "Cape Verde" :angry:

Which reminds me - how did you do in your pub quiz last week?

We're in a mid-season break due to the pub being renovated, which is good as we were on a ten game losing streak.

There were 38 tables and we came 4th where the top 3 all scored the same. We were 2pts behind the 3 of them. As it was a fundraiser for a local GAA club, there was a fair amount of inter-club questions that you'd have to be a member to have known. That's our excuse and we're sticking to it.

we were on a ten game losing streak.

Mooney OUT.

It's been said. In my defence, they are an honest bunch of lads, and at times we played like Holland, but I'm operating within budgetary constraints caused by previous managers.

The thing about VT is it completely anonymous. So people can divulge information about sharting, problems they have experienced in the bedrooms with their wives/girlfriends etc and know that we dont know your real name or what you look like etc.

I feel that if this was a facebook forum, where you can see the persons real name, and photo of what they look like, people would not be so happy to reveal said information. I know a few of you guys know eachother in the real world but the majority of people on this forum, dont know who anyone else really is.

I could sit next to one of you guys at villa park, and you would not know I was Voinjama. I think that anonymity explains some of the crazy posts I have read on this site over the past 3 years I have been a member. It has its negatives, and it has its positives.

We're all friends on facebook too. We just didn't want to tell you, cuz, well, y'know...

Point is, it's not completely anonymous in here :) And as I said in my little anecdote, I went straight to the table and had a good larf with the lads about it. Not one to take myself too seriously :D

Hey Brian. I might well be on your friend list. Ya never know. :winkold:

Got 51 as fast as I could type them. The only proper one I missed was Burundi. The 2 silly ones I missed were Comoros and Mauritius. Cool game though :thumb:

Got 51 as fast as I could type them. The only proper one I missed was Burundi. The 2 silly ones I missed were Comoros and Mauritius. Cool game though :thumb:

:shock: Unbelievable!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â