Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

38 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Not sure if anyone has experienced this, or if its even a bad thing, but my lad is 7 now, only child. he is only a small lad, so I thought I would get him to start karate to toughen him up a bit and maybe when he is older a bit of boxing, just so he can look after himself and ofcourse something to do out of school. Now the Mrs don't really like this, as one day he came home from karate with a cut lip, she said he don't have to go again, which got me a little annoyed. The main thing I am getting at is the Mrs still treats him like he is 3 years old, hugging him, cuddling him every 5 minutes, kinda still treating him like a baby, letting him sleep with us, when he makes excuses not to sleep on his own, just being over attentive. We all know kids can be very manipulative, but she don't see this and says if he needs attention we should not ignore it.

I'm not sure if I should have issue with this, but me being the dad, want him to grow up a bit, get tough, get a bit more independent, but I feel how the Mrs treats him is not helping and not good for him at his age.

A lot of this rings true in this household but I will type a proper response tomorrow morning. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

On the BBC regarding the England Women's football team

'White heads in 50th goal for Lionesses - three short of Rooney's England record"

No. They are different things. White's great achievements for the Lionesses are completely different from Rooney's for the mens team. They are separate teams. 

I actually quite like women's football but they need to stop comparing them to the mens team. 

Probably be accused of being a woman hater again! 

Don't stress, wimmns footy is shite 😉

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Given the standard of goalkeeping in the womens game she needs to score 250 to equal Rooney 

The womens game has come on leaps and bounds for the outfield ten but they still stick their mate that can’t play at all between the sticks so they get a game

I may have mentioned this at the time, but my granddaughter's naming ceremony last year was held at a local non-league club (Farsley Celtic). Their women's team was playing at home, so I popped out to watch for a while. The standard was pretty decent - except for the goalkeeping, which was hilariously awful. The result was a high scoring game, as pretty much any shot on target went in, with the goalies standing around watching them in amazement. 

22 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I may have mentioned this at the time, but my granddaughter's naming ceremony last year was held at a local non-league club (Farsley Celtic). Their women's team was playing at home, so I popped out to watch for a while. The standard was pretty decent - except for the goalkeeping, which was hilariously awful. The result was a high scoring game, as pretty much any shot on target went in, with the goalies standing around watching them in amazement. 

Yep, the outfield play is great to watch, the goalkeeping is dreadful

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Not sure if anyone has experienced this, or if its even a bad thing, but my lad is 7 now, only child. he is only a small lad, so I thought I would get him to start karate to toughen him up a bit and maybe when he is older a bit of boxing, just so he can look after himself and ofcourse something to do out of school. Now the Mrs don't really like this, as one day he came home from karate with a cut lip, she said he don't have to go again, which got me a little annoyed. The main thing I am getting at is the Mrs still treats him like he is 3 years old, hugging him, cuddling him every 5 minutes, kinda still treating him like a baby, letting him sleep with us, when he makes excuses not to sleep on his own, just being over attentive. We all know kids can be very manipulative, but she don't see this and says if he needs attention we should not ignore it.

I'm not sure if I should have issue with this, but me being the dad, want him to grow up a bit, get tough, get a bit more independent, but I feel how the Mrs treats him is not helping and not good for him at his age.

I dont think the solution needs to be boxing, loads of activities will improve his independence and toughen him up.

4 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I dont think the solution needs to be boxing, loads of activities will improve his independence and toughen him up.

Yeah, it's not specific, although years away yet, so he will make his own decision.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

My grandson is fast approaching 6, my daughter treats him with kid gloves, and he knows this. He gets away with murder when it's just her, stuff that he just wouldn't pull when he is with his dad or with us. From wiping his arse, which he can do without issue and does all the time, but my daughter does it for him if she is around. She also let's him sleep in her bed, allows him to get away with murder. He also goes to karate but he has started missing that as she misses him so that will be the end of that I am sure. 

It's mainly her fault as I tell her some times you have to be a parent and not a friend. 

• Like 1

Fixed a slow running computer for a lovely lady on Thursday.

Also broke it and now it won't turn on at all. Completely dead.

Might be able to fix it, but I've been avoiding it for three days now.

On 08/04/2022 at 15:20, Xela said:

On the BBC regarding the England Women's football team

'White heads in 50th goal for Lionesses - three short of Rooney's England record"

No. They are different things. White's great achievements for the Lionesses are completely different from Rooney's for the mens team. They are separate teams. 

I actually quite like women's football but they need to stop comparing them to the mens team. 

Probably be accused of being a woman hater again! 

Happens all the time over here. Cyle Larin scored to become the top all time scorer for Canada, and the commentator had to correct himself a few minutes after saying it to clarify that he meant "for the men's team, obviously Christine Sinclair, the greatest of all time, is still the top scorer for Canada"

Same rules, different sport

• Like 1

On 08/04/2022 at 16:18, bickster said:

Given the standard of goalkeeping in the womens game she needs to score 250 to equal Rooney 

The womens game has come on leaps and bounds for the outfield ten but they still stick their mate that can’t play at all between the sticks so they get a game

Basically any shot further than 4 feet from the keeper and higher than 6 feet in the air is a guaranteed goal. Ruins what is otherwise a sport that's decent to watch

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

People who post (anywhere) "if you know, you know". Like having knowledge of something minor is a power to wield over others. 

Sorry, I've no idea what you're talking about. 

• Haha 1

Just Stop Oil. 

Better known as Just Stop Ordinary People Getting To Work. 

Absolute scumbags. 

Do these words removed expect us all to cycle to work, in my case over 40 miles up and down the M42? Pricks. 

Causing havoc in our village too as one of the roads leads to Kingsbury terminal. 

Get a job you crusty vermin. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, og1874 said:

Basically any shot further than 4 feet from the keeper and higher than 6 feet in the air is a guaranteed goal. Ruins what is otherwise a sport that's decent to watch

The obvious solution is to reduce the size of the goals. 

I know this isnt the womens football thread, but its something that pisses me off...

The standard of goalkeeping is awful in general - there's never an admittance that a keeper should have saved a shot or held a cross under no pressure that's been floated in. Pundits are terrified to criticise mistakes/poor play. Male players get slaughtered, and I appreciate that the media spotlight is different, but there's a reluctance to admit what are glaringly poor players/errors.

I think reducing the size of the goals (and possibly the pitch, but that's a seperate debate) would make a huge difference. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

The obvious solution is to reduce the size of the goals. 

I know this isnt the womens football thread, but its something that pisses me off...

The standard of goalkeeping is awful in general - there's never an admittance that a keeper should have saved a shot or held a cross under no pressure that's been floated in. Pundits are terrified to criticise mistakes/poor play. Male players get slaughtered, and I appreciate that the media spotlight is different, but there's a reluctance to admit what are glaringly poor players/errors.

I think reducing the size of the goals (and possibly the pitch, but that's a seperate debate) would make a huge difference. 

The reason they won’t do that is because it’s require separate gear for the women’s game, and most grassroots pitches etc wouldn’t be able to afford it. Having everything the same specs makes it more likely for the women’s game to remain accessible

9 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Just Stop Oil. 

Better known as Just Stop Ordinary People Getting To Work. 

Absolute scumbags. 

Do these words removed expect us all to cycle to work, in my case over 40 miles up and down the M42? Pricks. 

Causing havoc in our village too as one of the roads leads to Kingsbury terminal. 

Get a job you crusty vermin. 

Drove past Kingsbury yesterday on the way to Hurley and wondered why the road was shut with police in situ. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â