Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

4 minutes ago, og1874 said:

This is how it operates in my household

In theory driver picks the music, passenger shuts his **** mouth. In practice it's been driver picks the music, passenger whines about the music and talks all over the music before talking to driver about cloud shapes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

No, no, no, this is all wrong. Driver choses the music, no exceptions. 

worse is when the passenger , says "What's this crap you're listening to " and either turns the music down or switches station 

you can always walk if you like  ... 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Yeah passenger needs permission to tamper with the music. It's principle.

Like those people who walk into a party and immediately start changing the music

****. Off.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

worse is when the passenger , says "What's this crap you're listening to " and either turns the music down or switches station 

you can always walk if you like  ... 

This is where steering wheel audio controls come into their own.

You made me realise the pandemic means most passengers sit in the back now and can't eff about with my music

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

This is where steering wheel audio controls come into their own.

You made me realise the pandemic means most passengers sit in the back now and can't eff about with my music

I don't think I would ever pull something like that. I get in a mates car, yes I complain about the music it even then. I am not touching his knob. In a cab or private hire, no way would I be touching the stereo or asking them to change it. 

• Like 1

In Asda on the self checkout and my tap and pay wasn't read properly. 

The till proceeds to bellow "CARD NOT ACCEPTED" at a ridiculous volume, shaming me and making me look like a pauper in front of the whole store.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

In Asda on the self checkout and my tap and pay wasn't read properly. 

The till proceeds to bellow "CARD NOT ACCEPTED" at a ridiculous volume, shaming me and making me look like a pauper in front of the whole store.

Use Apple/Android Pay or similar and not a card, you wont ever get the declined thing unless there really is no money in the account, that method of payment doesn't suffer from the banks requiring you to put you PIN in every now and again because it uses 2FA every time you use it, so it guarantee's it is you making the payment

In the old days of cassettes, it was acceptable on long road trip type journeys to bring alternative music that would not be deemed awful by the driver.

Now people sit in the back of the car with their ear buds a in listening to their own stuff.

That, together with gays and overly complex recycling arrangements, is why we would never win a war against Russia.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

In the old days of cassettes, it was acceptable on long road trip type journeys to bring alternative music that would not be deemed awful by the driver.

Now people sit in the back of the car with their ear buds a in listening to their own stuff.

That, together with gays and overly complex recycling arrangements, is why we would never win a war against Russia.

You trying to get the daughter into dub again?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

On the overly complex recycling topic we had a letter today from the council.

Currently we have black bin (general waste), green bin (garden waste) and blue bin (recycling) but are due to get a blue box for paper and cardboard that used to go in the blue bin. Lots of fun. My garden is now pretty much a store of bins and a bit of grass.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

On the overly complex recycling topic we had a letter today from the council.

Currently we have black bin (general waste), green bin (garden waste) and blue bin (recycling) but are due to get a blue box for paper and cardboard that used to go in the blue bin. Lots of fun. My garden is now pretty much a store of bins and a bit of grass.

We have six:

Green food waste bin.

Green garden waste bag

Grey glass bin

Blue general plastics bag

Orange cardboard and thick card bag

White paper and thin card bag

• Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

We have six:

Green food waste bin.

Green garden waste bag

Grey glass bin

Blue general plastics bag

Orange cardboard and thick card bag

White paper and thin card bag

We’ll probably get another one at some point so plastic and glass are separated. It’s annoying because currently we have a recycling bin in the kitchen for all card, paper, plastic, glass which gets emptied into the outside bin when full. Now we need a third bin in the kitchen for paper/cardboard 🤦‍♂️ 

Oh, bins again. 

Our bin day is Thursday, fortnightly - black (garbage) and green+brown (recycling+garden) on alternating weeks. Last week was black bin, but it snowed, so no show. Friday, I left it out. No show. Saturday, no show. Likewise Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. This morning I gave up and brought it back in. Ten minutes later, they drove past, collecting any that were still out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah passenger needs permission to tamper with the music. It's principle.

Like those people who walk into a party and immediately start changing the music

****. Off.

I was driving my (stinky) mate to work for about a year and he likes metal whereas I like indie, so I made a Spotify playlist of more crossover songs that we both like specifically to stop us inflicting our radio stations on each other.  He asked if I could make it public so he can add songs to it and I stupidly said yes and ended up with a shitload of weird foreign metal songs stuck on.  It completely defeated the object of setting up the playlist in the **** first place.

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â