Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

i don’t understand what they’re trying to achieve. 

They're usually massive clearings in the woods, but what they do is actually pretty good (aside from the attitudes) in that they are asserting rights we all have over those who "gatekeep" those rights, and try to prevent us from having them - either through ignorance of those rights, or because they think they have some level of superiority over the average Joe.

I cannot state enough, though, that the people doing it are usually massive weapons who I'd love to see step on Lego on their way to the bog at 4am

On 02/04/2022 at 14:05, Anthony said:

I have a picture of my worst burn. Don't click if you're eating.

Reveal hidden contents

8ccTvun.jpg

See that raw bit at the top? The reddish bit on the bottom/back of my hand went like that too.

All healed without a scar 'cause I know my woundcare, man.

I've got terrible circulation in one of my legs due to a botched operation after a footie injury - and every time I get the slightest nick on that leg below the shin, I've got a 50% chance of enjoying 6-8 months of ulcerated woundcare, complete with a round the clock scalding sensation, and with the added bonus of random stabbing pains as the nerves heal.

Become a bit of a woundcare ninja myself, and am basically supporting the company that makes Iodosorb single handedly in the North American market.

10 minutes ago, og1874 said:

They're usually massive clearings in the woods, but what they do is actually pretty good (aside from the attitudes) in that they are asserting rights we all have over those who "gatekeep" those rights, and try to prevent us from having them - either through ignorance of those rights, or because they think they have some level of superiority over the average Joe.

I cannot state enough, though, that the people doing it are usually massive weapons who I'd love to see step on Lego on their way to the bog at 4am

I would rather see them gased, there face pushed into the car bonnet, cuffed up and taken to the station for public order.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

I would rather see them gased, there face pushed into the car bonnet, cuffed up and taken to the station for public order.

See the thing is that they're not actually breaking public order laws, and they are, in some very small way, making it more difficult for those in charge to overstep their actual powers. So I'm happy enough with the Lego fate for them

31 minutes ago, og1874 said:

In what way are they doing that here?

Just now, Stevo985 said:

In what way are they doing that here?

Well they're perfectly allowed to be there and take photos or video it for starters, so perhaps they might have encouraged someone to actually read the law and better understand it

10 minutes ago, og1874 said:

Well they're perfectly allowed to be there and take photos or video it for starters, so perhaps they might have encouraged someone to actually read the law and better understand it

They're allowed to be there. The company are allowed to question two blokes acting extremely suspiciously around their premises.

Maybe they should follow their own advice and read the law themselves.

30 seconds on google would answer most of the questions they're asking.

What they're really doing is acting like dicks, causing trouble and hiding behind the word "audit" to pretend they're doing something worthwhile

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

They're allowed to be there. The company are allowed to question two blokes acting extremely suspiciously around their premises.

Maybe they should follow their own advice and read the law themselves.

30 seconds on google would answer most of the questions they're asking.

What they're really doing is acting like dicks, causing trouble and hiding behind the word "audit" to pretend they're doing something worthwhile

I'm not disagreeing that they're acting like dicks, at all

3 minutes ago, og1874 said:

I'm not disagreeing that they're acting like dicks, at all

I just don't understand what they're trying to prove. How is what they're doing encouraging people to read the law? They've demonstrated on a couple of occasions there that they don't know the law themselves so they're hardly an authority on it

How is the company "gatekeeping their rights"?

Edited by Stevo985

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I just don't understand what they're trying to prove. How is what they're doing encouraging people to read the law? They've demonstrated on a couple of occasions there that they don't know the law themselves so they're hardly an authority on it

How is the company "gatekeeping their rights"?

Yeah they were full of shit. The police could have arrested them too. As in reality you are not officially allowed to film a business premises, as it can be seen as scoping it out, especially a place like Collins Aerospace. Also what's with the bull about, "your filming me that's GDPR". Well I would have demanded a copy of their video too. I actually think the police acted a bit soft here. They could have arrested them for public order, wasting police time, how he spoke to the female officer and shoving the phone right in the coppers face. I can only guess these guys are known to the local constabulary, the way they just ignored them.

I think they're trying to copy the American version of this where people video their engagements with police. Usually it's people who have been stopped and the officer has overstepped their powers. That I can agree with. Purposefully going somewhere to provoke a reaction and then posting that reaction is absolutely pathetic. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

As in reality you are not officially allowed to film a business premises...

This is utter nonsense.

If you are stood in a public place, you can film absolutely anything or anyone you want to.

Private property is a different matter but stood on the public highway like they were most of the time, you can film anything

You do not have the right not to be photographed in public, no such law exists

• Like 1

Just now, bickster said:

You do not have the right not to be photographed in public, no such law exists

Absolutely right, but I have to say, any time I've seen someone exercising this freedom, they're the kind of bellend that makes you wish there were to be a law against it. Rarely more than a few seconds away from "am I being detained"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

Absolutely right, but I have to say, any time I've seen someone exercising this freedom, they're the kind of bellend that makes you wish there were to be a law against it. Rarely more than a few seconds away from "am I being detained"

Depends on the circumstances. There are plenty of examples of Police Officers actually believing they have the right to delete and or confiscate photographs that were taken in public places and taken for perfectly legitimate reasons

• Like 1

For nefarious reasons, I was once stood across the road from the RBS bank and offices in Manchester, taking photos of it.

A security guard in the bank saw me, jogged across the road and told me it was illegal to take photos.

I told him it wasn’t, and he said he would phone the police.

I told him that was fine, but in case I’d left before they arrived, did he want one of my business cards. Miserable bugger just walked off.

Of course you can bloody well take photos stood in a public place. If something is secret and you’ve made it visible to the public, you’re not very good at your job and that’s not the public’s problem.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Yeah they were full of shit. The police could have arrested them too. As in reality you are not officially allowed to film a business premises, as it can be seen as scoping it out, especially a place like Collins Aerospace. Also what's with the bull about, "your filming me that's GDPR". Well I would have demanded a copy of their video too. I actually think the police acted a bit soft here. They could have arrested them for public order, wasting police time, how he spoke to the female officer and shoving the phone right in the coppers face. I can only guess these guys are known to the local constabulary, the way they just ignored them.

The comments are full of people moaning about the company wasting police time by calling them, without realising it's the actions of the pricks in the video that has resulted in the police being called

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The comments are full of people moaning about the company wasting police time by calling them, without realising it's the actions of the pricks in the video that has resulted in the police being called

As much as they are a pair of bellends, what did they actually do that required police intervention?

We had much worse than what those bellends we doing when the bomb went off at Liverpool Women's Hospital, it went on for a couple of weeks with the press constantly trespassing on our property

I chased them off everytime, got them off the property and left them to it. Never felt the need to call the Police (even though they offered to come)

One was a poshboy "We're the BBC you know", "oh I'm sorry, I didn't realise. PLEASE F*** off our property right now"

The funniest though was the female journalist from SKY who actually had the audacity the drive onto the property and as she was driving off too intently making faces like a 5 year old at me, managed to hit the kerb outside our front door and had to get the vehicle off our premises and call someone to change her tyre from the road outside

Just now, bickster said:

As much as they are a pair of bellends, what did they actually do that required police intervention?

People are entitled to call the police because of individuals acting suspiciously. 

A company that has government contracts to build parts for military aircraft are entitled to feel like two blokes in masks filming the premises, approaching security, tampering with the gates and turnstiles and generally causing trouble are acting suspiciously

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â