Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

4 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

This is a somewhat weird game to play but I'm curious what are the worst burns other people saw whilst working in chip shops. 

Not in a chip shop but I did a brief bit of work in a McVities factory years ago. They used to make these wee things that looked like a baby Eccles cake but had apple jam in them. They came out of the oven on a conveyor belt at about three times the heat of the sun. Saw a bloke pick one up and pop it in his mouth whole. Twenty plus years later and his screams still haunt my dreams. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Second worst burn I had was when I bit into a piping hot mince (Kw.jpg) Findus crispy pancake when I was 8 years old. 

The roof of my mouth melted more than the Nazi at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark. 

• Haha 4

I watch a lot of US Automotive stuff on YouTube. Mainly because i'm fascinated with American cars from the 1950s-1970s.

Anyway, it pisses me off when they moan about the cost of gasoline today. They don't know how good they have it! 

I've had a few nasty burns over the years.  When I was about 8 or 9, I stupidly decided to make a toasted cheese sandwich in the sandwich toaster.  All was fine until I leant over to take out the toasted sandwiches.  It seems I caught my chest on the top grill (it was the middle of the summer and I was shirtless).  I hadn't even realised anything had happened until my parents came into the kitchen and were horrified - big burn and yet I hadn't felt a thing.  I looked down and soon started crying - that one blistered up well! 

Another one was when my sister had a candle in her room.  She left it burning and I could see something flickering looking out from my room onto the landing.  I went into her room and saw the curtain ablaze. Being silly I tried to put it out myself - I still have remnants of a burn scar on the right side of my right hand (this was 20+ years ago).  Thankfully my parents had just got back and ran upstairs. 

Oh and yes, beware of the melted cheese being hotter than a volcano situation.  I once took a bite into a freshly-baked pizza only for the cheese to slide off down the bottom half of my face.  That was a tad sore for a while.  

Edited by trekka
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Xela said:

Second worst burn I had was when I bit into a piping hot mince (Kw.jpg) Findus crispy pancake when I was 8 years old. 

The roof of my mouth melted more than the Nazi at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark. 

The very first thing warmed up in our very first microwave was a mince pie. My dad must have put it in for a mere 3 minutes to warm it through. Still eating through a straw now. 

• Haha 1

The mention of a candle reminds me of a time messing about round a girls house with a lit candle and wax and pouring it on my stomach 

Was all fun and games until she poured it in my belly button and it didn't instantly set, it stayed wet and piping hot, I had to stick my finger in there to help it out

Not so much a bad burn but a bastard of a place when it all scabbed over etc

KW away with that one... 

Also when I was pepper sprayed by the ever enthusiastic French police at nantes away that was horrible, about 3 days later the skin on one half of my face peeled off, had a patch on my chin that was pretty bad and saw a Dr over a burn on my arm from it, having the skin on the inside of my ear peel off was an unpleasant experience 

52 minutes ago, Anthony said:

I have a picture of my worst burn. Don't click if you're eating.

Reveal hidden contents

8ccTvun.jpg

See that raw bit at the top? The reddish bit on the bottom/back of my hand went like that too.

All healed without a scar 'cause I know my woundcare, man.

I was about to comment about the time I burnt my mouth eating lava filled pizza pockets. Then I saw this. I no longer care about the time I burnt my mouth. 

How the hell did you do that? 

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

I have a picture of my worst burn. Don't click if you're eating.

Reveal hidden contents

8ccTvun.jpg

See that raw bit at the top? The reddish bit on the bottom/back of my hand went like that too.

All healed without a scar 'cause I know my woundcare, man.

Thats put me right off my carpaccio dinner. 

2 hours ago, choffer said:

Not in a chip shop but I did a brief bit of work in a McVities factory years ago. They used to make these wee things that looked like a baby Eccles cake but had apple jam in them. They came out of the oven on a conveyor belt at about three times the heat of the sun. Saw a bloke pick one up and pop it in his mouth whole. Twenty plus years later and his screams still haunt my dreams. 

That takes the biscuit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I was about to comment about the time I burnt my mouth eating lava filled pizza pockets. Then I saw this. I no longer care about the time I burnt my mouth. 

How the hell did you do that? 

Wok with hot oil, making @rjw63's peanut curry recipe. Lifted it up to make sure the gas was on and lit. Turns out it was, and the hot oil poured over my hand. Which was nice.

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Them little microwavable Christmas puddings. You put that in for 10 seconds and it's 3rd degree burns.

That said my worst burn was picked up ironing whilst drunk. 

The wife won't let you buy records AND makes you do ironing? 

Time for the divorce lawyer! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xela said:

Worst burn I ever had was when @lapal_fan called me a scrote and a human tragedy 

DwVgHh4.png

Shouldn't you be planning the next trip to your parents house for your weekly Sunday roast?

I hear Shitterton is lovely this time of year, but with your problems, I doubt they'd let you pass through.

😏😉

On 16/03/2022 at 21:43, Genie said:

I took my little girl swimming tonight, half the pool was sectioned off with 3 swim lanes (slow, medium, fast) and the other half just open.

There was a total of about 6 or 7 people swimming up and down in the lanes, and about 15 swimming up and down in the open part.

It was really **** annoying because my daughter just wanted to splash around, little swims here and there and practice pushing off the slide and gliding, but it was really difficult because of these dickheads creating unnecessary traffic which we had to keep dodging.

I went to a fancy hotel last weekend, with a spa and pool in it. The pool was split into three lanes, but - get this - they weren't marked slow, medium or fast, so in each lane there were about 5 people doing lengths at different speeds, at least 2 doing it faster than I would be able to keep up with. Useless.

I just stayed in the sauna.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â