Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

For me it’s the horrible faux wacky presenters that I really struggle to tolerate.

I hate them. It’s not just Capital, it’s all commercial radio stations. Heart for example is also terrible. It all follows the same script… 

*Play Ed Sh**ran

*Load of annoying, loud adverts 

*Some inane drivel about dancing on ice, I’m a celebrity, or whatever’s popular on TV/social media

*Play Ed Sh**ran

Repeat until the listener purposefully crashes their own car into a wall. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Never to my knowledge listened to Capital. Had a blast of Radio X and that was a pretty shit bench mark, particularly considering its roots. It made George Lamb on 6 music seem like Peel. 

34 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I hate them. It’s not just Capital, it’s all commercial radio stations. Heart for example is also terrible. It all follows the same script… 

*Play Ed Sh**ran

*Load of annoying, loud adverts 

*Some inane drivel about dancing on ice, I’m a celebrity, or whatever’s popular on TV/social media

*Play Ed Sh**ran

Repeat until the listener purposefully crashes their own car into a wall. 

You've never listened to Talk Sport have you.

Morning programs, just for the presenters own entertainment. 

An H and J on at 1300 weekdays is the worst radio I've ever heard. Terrible interviews, I mean who wants to hear 20 minutes of some 65 year old guy who invented a new style of bowling in Guernsey and wrote a book about how flat bowling greens are, in 1975???

Second time in a year I've had the news that my project is getting shit-canned and everything I worked on is being deleted. At least this time it was only 6 months' work, it was about 4 years of my life down the drain last time.

It does give me a sense of perspective that there's no sense in stressing about work when everything I worried about just gets thrown in the bin at a moment's notice.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

1. The music

2. The clone ‘personality of a damp cloth’ presenters that continuously chat utter bollox

3. Adverts

4. The music

5. The listeners 

:) 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Second time in a year I've had the news that my project is getting shit-canned and everything I worked on is being deleted. At least this time it was only 6 months' work, it was about 4 years of my life down the drain last time.

It does give me a sense of perspective that there's no sense in stressing about work when everything I worried about just gets thrown in the bin at a moment's notice.

That depends,does it get thrown in the rubbish or recycle ?

On the subject of commercial radio, I'm not against it. When I'm WFH I have Absolute 90's on in the background. More for a bit of ambient sound rather than anything else. Can't work in silence. Plus you'll get the occasional corker from Snow, Will Smith or Apache Indian ;) 

I used to listen to Radio X but the Chris Moyles morning show made me want to self harm. I did enjoy the Johnny Vaughan show at drive-time though. 

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I don’t listen to any commercial radio.

Yesterday, I attempted to listen to Craig Charles’ BBC 6 show.

He would make a great commercial radio DJ.

Can’t believe he got the Shaun Keaveny slot - I like his funk and soul show but can’t do with hearing him and his snickering every day…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I don’t listen to any commercial radio.

Yesterday, I attempted to listen to Craig Charles’ BBC 6 show.

He would make a great commercial radio DJ.

It's like Radio 6 just has to put someone awful in that 1pm to 4pm slot

Craig Charles makes me pine for the word removed they had before him and i bloody detested him

Even when he's interviewing musicians you can tell he really doesn't have a clue about them, which really isn't true of any other presenter on R6M. Everything he does just comes across as false

• Like 2

Just now, theboyangel said:

Chris Hawkins show on BBC6 music is decent but on very early (when I’m heading into work) and I like it when he gets a stand in afternoon slot.

He is the absolute spirit of the original station. His show comes across like he does it in his potting shed, he's just a normal bloke, no big mad gimmicks, he just gets on with it and he's been on the station since forever.

• Like 2

oh bollocks, I've just realised, I've just finished jet washing the drive and I'm off out for a meal tonight and I'm about to jump in the bath, I listen to the radio in the bath, I only listen to R6M

At least this conversation has reminded me I need to take the google thing into the bathroom and save me listening to you know who

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I mean who wants to hear 20 minutes of some 65 year old guy who invented a new style of bowling in Guernsey and wrote a book about how flat bowling greens are, in 1975???

I found this interview a powerful and insightful look into the shadowy world of 1970's green bowling in the Channel Islands.

• Haha 1

Usually I'm a radio 2 person with the occasional dabble of radio 6, but Radio 2 does have some stinkers, not least Zoe Ball. Absolutely horrendous. Actually forced me to listen to radio 4 and thought for the day instead for **** sake. The epitome of insincerity in how "everything's amazing" with her. Closely followed by any time Will Young guest DJs and spends half his time "umming" on the radio, makes me ears explode until I remember to switch over. 

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

You've never listened to Talk Sport have you.

Not for a long time, it’s terrible. 

The only radio I listen to is Radio 4 for news and political commentary, mostly when something big happens. For the other 95% of my listening time I have my own music on or podcasts. I listen to a lot of podcasts. 

I listen to Absolute Radio. If a shit tune comes on I'll just switch to Absolute 80's or 90's or Absolute Classic Rock.  Usually at least one version has different ad breaks as well. 

I can't listen to Radio 2, the odd sprinkling of decent tunes spread out between dance music, boy and girl bands and singer songwriters. Plus annoying presenters. Mrs Sidcow tends to listen to it, I have to put up with it till midday when Jeremy Vine comes on so I can switch to Absolute when he starts his nonsense. Even Mrs Sidcow won't listen to that stuff. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â