Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

On the subject of supermarkets, about 50% of the people can't seem to park their cars between the white lines, or simply don't care. Since when did we become a bunch of words removed in this country. 

Come and nuke us Vlad, we generally deserve it. 

I'll nuke emm myself if I see another knobber park in the mother and baby spaces (without a child) an can't even get between those lines.

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

You shoulda just bought a converter, I got a few as USB C is in all new cars now I think.

I did have one funnily enough but it didn't work for some reason. 

There must be something to do with the "everyone's a winner" thing that came around and the end (kind of) of the class system, when it comes to platforms.

There's not enough "elders" telling idiots and knobs to shut the **** up, so the idiots and knobs don't to get put into check.

Plus we now have the old social media stuff where people who like the same idiocy stuff create a little echo chamber which becomes a bigger echo chamber as the yoot cone through.

Or I'm completely wrong and social media just highlights the idiots and knobs and gets put in front of us more often, and there's actually exactly the same amount of idiots and knobs around as before, but we didn't have access to their idiocy.

On 24/02/2022 at 11:21, Davkaus said:

They were stupid enough to use it in a Tesco branch which will almost certainly have CCTV covering the checkouts, so hopefully their very good night art my expense has some consequences, but that will rely upon the police giving a shit, which I suspect will lead to a further post in here in the coming days.

Pretty much what happened. The bank refunded me the £250, the police took a month to reply to the report with "sorry, they don't have the CCTV anymore" so that's that.

If you find a bank card, you may as well spend as much as you want on it because it's treated as a victimless crime and nobody gives a shit.

At this point it's the bank that's the victim not me, so it shouldn't annoy me too much, but it bloody does. There's just no deterrent to theft unless you get caught in the act.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Literally every time anyone under the age of 60 dies now, social media full of ghouls concern trolling about "the epidemic of deaths" since Covid vaccines.

Taylor Hawkins was anti-vax so I wonder if they are blaming his death on vaccines.

Just now, Genie said:

Taylor Hawkins was anti-vax so I wonder if they are blaming his death on vaccines.

Was anti-vax and had previously had a near death experience ODing on Class A drugs, but yes there were still people querying whether it might be vaccine related 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Was anti-vax and had previously had a near death experience ODing on Class A drugs, but yes there were still people querying whether it might be vaccine related 🤦‍♂️

Just reminded me of my pal the other day talking rubbish about how the vaccine is not tested enough and he has give it a miss. I remember how big he used to be in the rave scene, taking speed and popping pills like they were sweets, didn't worry him then did it. I will certainly remind him next time I see him.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Genie said:

Funny, I thought all the Foo gigs had a zero tolerance policy for entry. No jab = No entry to the gig.

Cheshire East have spent £85,000 investigating the Jackie Weaver meeting that went viral last year to see if she did actually have the authority to boot people from the call. What an absolute waste of money. 

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Cheshire East have spent £85,000 investigating the Jackie Weaver meeting that went viral last year to see if she did actually have the authority to boot people from the call. What an absolute waste of money. 

If you want wastes of money and Handforth Parish Council, don’t whatever you do, Mooney Handforth Parish Council budget and realise it costs a quarter of a million a year to put up Xmas lights and water some plants (and a few other odds and sods)

But that £85k still represents a third of the annual budget of Handforth PC

I was expecting it to be over 100% It really should be over 100%

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

If you want wastes of money and Handforth Parish Council, don’t whatever you do, Mooney Handforth Parish Council budget and realise it costs a quarter of a million a year to put up Xmas lights and water some plants (and a few other odds and sods)

But that £85k still represents a third of the annual budget of Handforth PC

I was expecting it to be over 100% It really should be over 100%

I wonder if it’s actual spend or some wooden dollars. Did they bring someone external in and pay them to look into it, it just tell someone to stop stapling meeting minutes and look at this instead. It’s a waste whichever way you look at it though.

There was another example which I can’t really remember now where the main meeting room would cost about £800 a time to setup the tiered seating/desks and they would do it every week.

52 minutes ago, Genie said:

I wonder if it’s actual spend or some wooden dollars. Did they bring someone external in and pay them to look into it, it just tell someone to stop stapling meeting minutes and look at this instead. It’s a waste whichever way you look at it though.

There was another example which I can’t really remember now where the main meeting room would cost about £800 a time to setup the tiered seating/desks and they would do it every week.

No matter how they did it there's no justification in spending £80k for someone to watch a 20 odd minute video and then read through a few bylaws. Especially as their ruling was she didn't have the power to evict people but it was okay this time. I can only assume someone has complained and said it involved bullying and harassment or something. 

• Like 1

On 27/03/2022 at 21:55, foreveryoung said:

Just reminded me of my pal the other day talking rubbish about how the vaccine is not tested enough and he has give it a miss. I remember how big he used to be in the rave scene, taking speed and popping pills like they were sweets, didn't worry him then did it. I will certainly remind him next time I see him.

I know a couple of anti-vaxxers who fall into this bracket. But when it comes to recreational drug taking then anything goes. Go figure.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

At what point did it become acceptable to sit in a work canteen listening to videos aloud on your phone.

I'll see your work canteen and raise you in the back of my car, three people all watching different videos and demanding that the radio channel be changed

Get tae f!

Rented a car 4 days before I needed it on the 22nd - £115 for 4 days. Trying to rent one now 4 days before I need it on the 3rd - £150 for 2 days. Cheers guys :thumb:

I went to Cheltenham a few years ago with a few work colleagues. On the way there one of the guys showed a comedy video of a horse race with all the horses having amusing names.  Had it on really loud so we all could hear.  Everyone was laughing and commenting. 

As the train pulled into the next station a bloke getting off informed us we were in the quiet carriage 😳

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â