Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Is it an Audi by any chance? 

You should use the indicators, then it knows you’re turning.

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s VW that I’ve got. Hate it

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I never noticed it. Most of the time it’s unnoticeable. And I’m guessing if you’re indicating then it doesn’t affect you. But stuff like going round a parked car you’re not really going to indicate unless the situation requires it. 

I knew the car had it when I bought it and it sounds great. In reality I don’t like it. And unless I’m falling asleep on the motorway I can’t see when I’d ever need it to be honest

29 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Ah, ok, I should have read back further.

I think that system has to be on the car to get 5* NCAP rating. It’s rubbish and overly intrusive. 
The bad news is that there’s more and more of these systems on the way.

24 minutes ago, bickster said:

I’m out working and I’ve got a talker in the back. I really couldn’t give a shit about her problems 

So are you busy tonight then? 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

“You’re gonna get us killed posting on the internet whilst driving blah blah blah”

Stopped outside a Bargain Booze whilst she who doesn’t drink buys… 4cans of lager and 2 bottles of wine because she had a baby 6 weeks ago and she thinks she’s got post natal depression and she’s got five kids and when she moved into that house she saw a rat in the first day and she’s left her husband looking after the 5 kids and he didn’t want her to go out. 

That was within the first half mile

It got worse when she got back in wanted to know where I lived, where I drank, did I know this family that person starts jabbering on and on and on and on

worst kind of passenger

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Stopped outside a Bargain Booze whilst she who doesn’t drink buys… 4cans of lager and 2 bottles of wine because she had a baby 6 weeks ago and she thinks she’s got post natal depression and she’s got five kids and when she moved into that house she saw a rat in the first day and she’s left her husband looking after the 5 kids and he didn’t want her to go out. 

That was within the first half mile

It got worse when she got back in wanted to know where I lived, where I drank, did I know this family that person starts jabbering on and on and on and on

worst kind of passenger

Sounds like a rubbish tipper too

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

Ah, ok, I should have read back further.

I think that system has to be on the car to get 5* NCAP rating. It’s rubbish and overly intrusive. 
The bad news is that there’s more and more of these systems on the way.

Sorry I was bottle feeding when I posted that hence the lack of reply 😂😂

yeah I guessed the indicating would override it which is fair enough. But like I said let’s be honest there are plenty of times where you don’t indicate. I pride myself on indicating whenever I should, but even I’m not going to indicate to go round a parked car when there’s very few cars about

• Like 1

Our Toyota minivan has the lane assist.   It’s a very gently nudge on the steering and a beep.   It doesn’t kick in below 30 mph, so I have no issue with it.   It’s not too often I’m having to swerve to avoid a parked car or navigating road work when I’m going over 30.  Of course, I think the roads around where I live are a bit different and less congested than what you have over there.

After thinking ahead and posting my mum a Mother’s Day present over a week ago, I quite smugly acknowledged the supermarket free day that lay ahead of me, this morning. Then my wife text. “Can you just… fetch some flowers for her mum and drop them round”. 

Feck me! I wish I’d just said no.

I tried Lidl first, it looked like a scene from 28 Days Later. Dead, trampled flowers meant I got out of there quickly. A longish drive to Tesco to find what looked like a battery farm for sons and daughters all with the same idea. I’d say 90% of people there were buying flowers, chocolates or other tat (teddy bears and mugs etc…) it was insanely busy. 

Buying flowers on Mother’s Day or Valentine’s Day is a definite mugs game. The same flowers that are normally £6 suddenly become £10. Most people don’t buy them normally so don’t notice the price hike, I do, and it pisses me off that we have to conform to the supermarket’s whims and spend money on rubbish just because they tell us to. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

After thinking ahead and posting my mum a Mother’s Day present over a week ago, I quite smugly acknowledged the supermarket free day that lay ahead of me, this morning. Then my wife text. “Can you just… fetch some flowers for her mum and drop them round”. 

Feck me! I wish I’d just said no.

I tried Lidl first, it looked like a scene from 28 Days Later. Dead, trampled flowers meant I got out of there quickly. A longish drive to Tesco to find what looked like a battery farm for sons and daughters all with the same idea. I’d say 90% of people there were buying flowers, chocolates or other tat (teddy bears and mugs etc…) it was insanely busy. 

Buying flowers on Mother’s Day or Valentine’s Day is a definite mugs game. The same flowers that are normally £6 suddenly become £10. Most people don’t buy them normally so don’t notice the price hike, I do, and it pisses me off that we have to conform to the supermarket’s whims and spend money on rubbish just because they tell us to. 

We got married on Princess Di's funeral day. By ludicrous coincidence the pre wife had chosen the Princess of Wales Rose for her bouquet. 

Our flowers literally trebbled on the morning of our wedding. 

Wasn't as annoying as the number of people asking us if we were going to cancel the wedding though. Had loads of them. **** off. 

• Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

We got married on Princess Di's funeral day. By ludicrous coincidence the pre wife had chosen the Princess of Wales Rose for her bouquet. 

Our flowers literally trebbled on the morning of our wedding. 

Wasn't as annoying as the number of people asking us if we were going to cancel the wedding though. Had loads of them. **** off. 

Why the hell would you cancel your wedding for someone you don’t know’s death? I’d have said no but you’re now not invited for asking such a stupid question. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So when I changed my car to the exact same model which had received the mid life refresh I lost the CD player (don't think I ever used it anyway) and the SD card slot for music had gone, had to use a USB slot, which is now USB-C. 

I don't use my phone for music and I don't pay for Spotify so haven't set up playlist etc.  They clearly expect you to use those options. 

So it's annoying because I had to buy a new memory stick and now lose a USB slot.  No biggie but just annoying.  How much does a memory card slot really cost? Can't they just give customer's the choice how they want to listen to music? 

So Mrs Sidcow has just had a new car and got exactly the same problem. 

So I ordered ANOTHER new memory stick, loaded all the music onto it, tried to plug it in and couldn't.   Aaagggggbhh. I'd bought a micro SD stick instead of a USB-C. Too late to send it back as I've opened it and loaded it so had to piss that £15 away and spend ANOTHER £15 on the right stick. 

Edited by sidcow

@sidcow,what you are saying is quite normal in this day and age.

I bought a new smartphone and to transfer files from phone to PC and vice versa.I have to download the driver,install them,then download Android tools for windows.I then have to go to device manager and do another 3/4 things before I can transfer files.I tried just connecting the phone to PC by USB and the PC does not reconise it without all this carry on. 

On my ald phone I just connected it to my PC and the PC looked on it as a different hard drive.

All I can say is,boy are smart phones dumb,or what.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Same in the supermarket I went to earlier - 90% of people there were young blokes with a panicked look on their faces, clutching a card and a bouquet of Morrisons finest flowers!

I just assumed the supermarket would be quiet today as people would be with their families and i'd have a hassle free shop. No such luck :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

So when I changed my car to the exact same model which had received the mid life refresh I lost the CD player (don't think I ever used it anyway) and the SD card slot for music had gone, had to use a USB slot, which is now USB-C. 

I don't use my phone for music and I don't pay for Spotify so haven't set up playlist etc.  They clearly expect you to use those options. 

So it's annoying because I had to buy a new memory stick and now lose a USB slot.  No biggie but just annoying.  How much does a memory card slot really cost? Can't they just give customer's the choice how they want to listen to music? 

So Mrs Sidcow has just had a new car and got exactly the same problem. 

So I ordered ANOTHER new memory stick, loaded all the music onto it, tried to plug it in and couldn't.   Aaagggggbhh. I'd bought a micro SD stick instead of a USB-C. Too late to send it back as I've opened it and loaded it so had to piss that £15 away and spend ANOTHER £15 on the right stick. 

You shoulda just bought a converter, I got a few as USB C is in all new cars now I think.

On the subject of supermarkets, about 50% of the people can't seem to park their cars between the white lines, or simply don't care. Since when did we become a bunch of words removed in this country. 

Come and nuke us Vlad, we generally deserve it. 

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â