Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

My lad is 7, he's needed to go the dentist 18 months ago with a little tooth pain, but with Covid we have properly struggled to get him booked in for anything more than a check. Finally about 6 months ago he went to the dentist again, seems the tooth now needs to come out along with another one, rear baby teeth so not the end of the world, but because he is immune compromised he needed a blood test before he goes, which we waited another 3 weeks for. We were then told 6 months for an appointment to have the teeth out, which I got on the phone had a moan, an shock horror they knew nothing about his immune issue, after explaining they said they would get a sooner date. Phone call 4 weeks ago appointment for 24th which is today. We had a call last week for a pre check, which again I had to explain there would be no need as we had a recent blood test, which finally they agreed. Got him all ready this week, finally he was happy to go and looking forward to getting rid of the pain. Can you believe they called yesterday to cancel as they have no staff at Birmingham dental hospital and it will have to be on a later day.

I understand this happens with adults all the time and we kinda accept it. But to do it to a child, when you have primed them for it, an waited for so long is properly out of order, guess we have gotta start getting used to the crap!

• Sad 3
  • Shocked 1

On 23/03/2022 at 09:47, rjw63 said:

My sister and her husband are complete tools for this.

One of them will post such as this:

"So another wonderful year with my fantastic wife, I love you so much, thank you for all you do".

Then the other will reply, right underneath, with something similar.

I say "one of them" because they SHARE a Facebook account, so it always looks like some silly bollox talking to themselves.

As they live in the same house and can obviously say it to each other at any time, why bother putting it on social media?

Oh yes, that's right, for the accompanied sycophantic back-slapping from other people.

words removed.

That’s stupid sharing a Facebook account. To be honest it screams of a deeper problem of trust in that you be of them can’t be trusted who there “mates” are. If you mix that in with the sycophantic posts to give the impression of a wonderful couple and how perfect they are, clearly seems that they probably have an exceptionally bad relationship with some cheating/sleeping around for good measure. Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest.

Sorry if you actually like your sister/brother-in-law!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cyrusr said:

That’s stupid sharing a Facebook account. To be honest it screams of a deeper problem of trust in that you be of them can’t be trusted who there “mates” are. If you mix that in with the sycophantic posts to give the impression of a wonderful couple and how perfect they are, clearly seems that they probably have an exceptionally bad relationship with some cheating/sleeping around for good measure. Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest.

Sorry if you actually like your sister/brother-in-law!

No worries, I'm not overly keen but I will say there's absolutely no cheating. Not on his part anyway. He's 72 and in very poor health. 

She's 56 so you never know... 😂

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

My lad is 7, he's needed to go the dentist 18 months ago with a little tooth pain, but with Covid we have properly struggled to get him booked in for anything more than a check. Finally about 6 months ago he went to the dentist again, seems the tooth now needs to come out along with another one, rear baby teeth so not the end of the world, but because he is immune compromised he needed a blood test before he goes, which we waited another 3 weeks for. We were then told 6 months for an appointment to have the teeth out, which I got on the phone had a moan, an shock horror they knew nothing about his immune issue, after explaining they said they would get a sooner date. Phone call 4 weeks ago appointment for 24th which is today. We had a call last week for a pre check, which again I had to explain there would be no need as we had a recent blood test, which finally they agreed. Got him all ready this week, finally he was happy to go and looking forward to getting rid of the pain. Can you believe they called yesterday to cancel as they have no staff at Birmingham dental hospital and it will have to be on a later day.

I understand this happens with adults all the time and we kinda accept it. But to do it to a child, when you have primed them for it, an waited for so long is properly out of order, guess we have gotta start getting used to the crap!

That's woeful mate.

I know we all love the NHS and it does lots and lots of incredible things, but things like this do show it still needs work. 

I hope you're lad can get his work done quickly, so he can be back 100%! :thumb:

• Thanks 1

On 30/01/2022 at 21:41, Davkaus said:

I recently encountered a baby named Arya. Not too unheard of post-Game of Thrones, I guess. I wouldn't have raised an eyebrow. Except that her surname is Shaw.

I reckon this has been topped, the couple next to us have named their daughter Odin. I don't know where to start.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I reckon this has been topped, the couple next to us have named their daughter Odin. I don't know where to start.

Must be a little thorn in your side*. 

*would work better if it was their son. 

Edited by trekka

40 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Crufts will be unethical soon enough.

In some ways it already is. The pursuit of 'perfect' examples of a breed has lead to some breeds becoming so inbred or so malformed it's hampering the dog's health. Pretty much all the short muzzled breeds are to some extent inherently unhealthy for instance.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Xela said:

Having the windows open the last few days, the amount of shit loud popping exhausts on cars is ridiculous. No-one is impressed with your Golf or A3, you complete throbbing jizzgoblins. 

With added crap bass heavy music pumping out of random houses somewhere near by for everyone else to hear. I’m sure one of my neighbours got their bbq up and running as well. It’s **** March ffs. I’d happily take the Japanese’s stance and ban bbq’s at home. Take it to the local park you stains. Grrrrrr. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

With added crap bass heavy music pumping out of random houses somewhere near by for everyone else to hear. I’m sure one of my neighbours got their bbq up and running as well. It’s **** March ffs. I’d happily take the Japanese’s stance and ban bbq’s at home. Take it to the local park you stains. Grrrrrr. 

hqdefault.jpg

47 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Of course, Japanese people are famed for their tidiness and respect for public areas, whereas we'd just have parks piling up with disposable barbecues and other litter.

“Lane assist”

Got a new car recently and it has Lane Assist as a driving aid. I can try it off but the default is to have it on. Every time I start the car it’s automatically on so sometimes I forget to turn it off. 

I’ve had the car 6 weeks and on at least 3 occasions I’ve nearly hit a parked car because of the **** lane assist thinking I’m not meant to be moving out of my lane and trying to swerve me back in. 

It’s absolutely shit

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

“Lane assist”

Got a new car recently and it has Lane Assist as a driving aid. I can try it off but the default is to have it on. Every time I start the car it’s automatically on so sometimes I forget to turn it off. 

I’ve had the car 6 weeks and on at least 3 occasions I’ve nearly hit a parked car because of the **** lane assist thinking I’m not meant to be moving out of my lane and trying to swerve me back in. 

It’s absolutely shit

My car has a collision detection system … it sounds impressive and I just sorta picked up the car and left everything set at default  … first day I drove it someone was cycling on the pavement towards me , no threat to me at all and I’d already noted them , when my car literally let out a beep and jumped on the brakes and stopped me dead 

not all technology is great it seems !!

Tbf  it does allow you to override the auto braking so I have set it to just omit a little warning , which can be quite useful 

Edited by tonyh29

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

In some ways it already is. The pursuit of 'perfect' examples of a breed has lead to some breeds becoming so inbred or so malformed it's hampering the dog's health. Pretty much all the short muzzled breeds are to some extent inherently unhealthy for instance.

I based my dissertation on this when at Uni. Looking into how the Kennel Club's breed definitions had impacted upon breeds, the resulting health issues and all the legalities involved. Was very interesting (for me at least) to write but somewhat depressing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

My car has a collision detection system … it sounds impressive and I just sorta picked up the car and left everything set at default  … first day I drove it someone was cycling on the pavement towards me , no threat to me at all and I’d already noted them , when my car literally let out a beep and jumped on the brakes and stopped me dead 

not all technology is great it seems !!

Tbf  it does allow you to override the auto braking so I have set it to just omit a little warning , which can be quite useful 

Quite often modern smart technology thinks that it is smarter than you are.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â