Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

7 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Strictly speaking we should just go with FC Bayern. Same with Inter, rather than Internazionale or Inter Milan, and indeed Milan, rather than AC or AC Milan.

Another thing to consider is the pronunciation of München (the umlaut is important). In Bayern it's pronounced closer to Myoon-kyun, which is a tricky one for native English speakers.

It works both ways, too. In Germany they refer to Arsenal as Arsenal London. Strangely no other London club gets the suffix. And Everton aren't referred to as Everton Liverpool, which I think is a shame.

When I was in the USA a few years back I saw Chelsea referred to as Chelsea London

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Construction manager

Its causing huge problems, he's not even a number 1 either he's come in as a team member 

He's 1350€ per day, week 2 he's charged us €14.000 for the week, upgraded his flight to first class and charged us for it, charged us time and half for Saturday and Sunday when he was sat in a hotel doing nothing, 15% admin charge on his flight and hotel, flew from Amsterdam to UK on a £650 one way flight, drove to Amsterdam Airport and is charging us for travel and parking, he lives next to dusseldorf airport. 

I think he's gone but it'll be €22.000 for 6 days on site, it's kicking round my office because everyone is refusing to sign it off, it's one of the maddest invoices I've seen 

I see that advert for ex soldiers to do security work in Ukraine being paid less 

Someone must have agreed that rate with him? Otherwise i'd ask him to re-invoice at a more sensible level. Like £1k for the week :D 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Someone must have agreed that rate with him? Otherwise i'd ask him to re-invoice at a more sensible level. Like £1k for the week :D 

maybe surprisingly in oil and gas construction his rate should be around £500 a day, then moving up through the roles to PM it'll go up as high as £1k a day, he's not the first person that i've seen that sails over the UK rates

but with agency I'd expect all his travel expenses and various things to be wrapped up in his rate, we have maybe 15 other agency guys on site and none of them can claim anything other than their day rate

I've been told this afternoon that there is a receipt kicking around on site seeking signature because he didn't like the chair that he was given so went out and bought a new better one and wants paying for that

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

When I was in the USA a few years back I saw Chelsea referred to as Chelsea London

west ham added it to their badge about 5 years back

it might come as a surprise to some how many people in Germany dont have a clue where aston villa are (or birmingham for that matter)

I work for a branch of the US federal government.   When I started many years ago Supply Service was the name of the group that manages....you know, supplies.

A few years later, national leadership changed the name to Acquisition and Materiel Management Service.  A national columnist for the New York Times, William Safire, who wrote a weekly column called "On Language", mentioned it as an example of stupidly replacing concise terms with unnecessarily wordy ones.

Twenty or so years later they renamed them Logistics Management Service.   In the past year they've been renamed Supply Chain Service.   I'm waiting for them to drop the Chain from their name so they've gone full circle.   That will be a sign it's e time to retire.  That, and the fact that a long term leased build-to-suit clinic I was involved in the design of in the 90's has already been replaced and abandoned.  When your tenure has outlasted the life cycle of a building, it's probably time to go.

Oh, and has anyone seen the title Human Capital used for Personnel/HR?   I could swear I saw some place that called it that.  Next step when the robots take over is Sentient Capital.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

west ham added it to their badge about 5 years back

it might come as a surprise to some how many people in Germany dont have a clue where aston villa are (or birmingham for that matter)

How about all those Scottish clubs? OK, Celtic and Rangers, Hearts and Hibs, Aberdeen and Inverness, the Dundee clubs, I could place on a map. But Cowdenbeath? Raith Rovers? Stenhousemuir? Queen of the South? Morton? St Mirren? Ross County? St Johnstone? Arbroath? Kilmarnock? etc., etc. 

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

How about all those Scottish clubs? OK, Celtic and Rangers, Hearts and Hibs, Aberdeen and Inverness, the Dundee clubs, I could place on a map. But Cowdenbeath? Raith Rovers? Stenhousemuir? Queen of the South? Morton? St Mirren? Ross County? St Johnstone? Arbroath? Kilmarnock? etc., etc. 

Just aim for Glasgow and slightly miss, you probably won’t be far off most of them. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

Any YouTube video where they say "Hey what's up, it's your boy_____"

38 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Remember to like and subscribe.

Nope. F**k off.

And shout. Shout really loudly. 

On 09/03/2022 at 11:22, villa4europe said:

Construction manager

Its causing huge problems, he's not even a number 1 either he's come in as a team member 

He's 1350€ per day, week 2 he's charged us €14.000 for the week, upgraded his flight to first class and charged us for it, charged us time and half for Saturday and Sunday when he was sat in a hotel doing nothing, 15% admin charge on his flight and hotel, flew from Amsterdam to UK on a £650 one way flight, drove to Amsterdam Airport and is charging us for travel and parking, he lives next to dusseldorf airport. 

I think he's gone but it'll be €22.000 for 6 days on site, it's kicking round my office because everyone is refusing to sign it off, it's one of the maddest invoices I've seen 

I see that advert for ex soldiers to do security work in Ukraine being paid less 

Just a quick question, is he a Bauleiter? Because that's a ridiculous sum for someone at that level, or have you translated it so that his role would be considered akin to that of Construction Manager in the UK, even at that its a lot.

12 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Just a quick question, is he a Bauleiter? Because that's a ridiculous sum for someone at that level, or have you translated it so that his role would be considered akin to that of Construction Manager in the UK, even at that its a lot.

he's a civil construction manager consultant

he might be over qualified for the role they want him to do but then thats a case of finding a mate a home

we're about to get an electrical installation consultant come in as the store manager, he'll be north of £1k a day too

• Shocked 2

When you have a foot phobia it becomes apparent how much directors of any kind of show just love to zoom in for extended close ups of feet for absolutely no reason.  

I'm not talking Tarantino style full on fetish but there just always seems to be a desire to get a zoom in shot if someone is barefoot.  Puts me right off my dinner.

Why?! Is there some kind of artistic merit in feet? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, maqroll said:

Any YouTube video where they say "Hey what's up, it's your boy_____"

I just can't believe there's such a huge market for people filming themselves talking in their bedrooms.  Rewarding their vainness.  

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

When you have a foot phobia it becomes apparent how much directors of any kind of show just love to zoom in for extended close ups of feet for absolutely no reason.  

I'm not talking Tarantino style full on fetish but there just always seems to be a desire to get a zoom in shot if someone is barefoot.  Puts me right off my dinner.

Why?! Is there some kind of artistic merit in feet? 

**** knows, they're not pleasant are they?

spacer.png

• Haha 2

"MG" has released a new electric car. Cool, so what? Well, I find it bizarrely aggravating to look at for some reason. They've decided not to give it a radiator grill. Fine. But then they've put what I can only describe as the ghost of a grill in by putting loads of dimples where the holes in a grill would be. Which is **** weird, but ok, fine, it's a look. But then they just paint it the same colour as the rest of it. So it looks **** weird. It's like the car had bad acne, or one of those bulbous noses you get after soaking in cider for 40 years.

MG%20ZS%20EV%202021%20UK-11.jpg

**** annoyingly weird looking thing. 

Luckily nobody will buy one.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â