Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

12 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

When people call a moderately exciting game of top-flight football 'Barclays', especially if they twin it with some god-awful twee phrase 'that was a huge slice of pure Barclays' or whatever shite like that.

I've made myself feel physically sick just typing that out.

People who call a 2-2 draw a Desmond

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Same problem here and Manchester

My last train in Liverpool is like 23:30 or a £25 taxi home

Last train from Manchester is about 11:10 from Oxford Rd and nowhere near some of the venues, then that just gets me to Liverpool and a £25 home plus I've missed the end of the show

It’s crazy really in this day and age that trains are not a 24 hour service.

Of course they should not operate a regular service between 12am-6am but just have something, even if it’s a train every two hours or something so that people have an option (in particular for major cities)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It’s crazy really in this day and age that trains are not a 24 hour service.

Of course they should not operate a regular service between 12am-6am but just have something, even if it’s a train every two hours or something so that people have an option (in particular for major cities)

I forgot to add that the last train from Manchester is always full of pissed word removeds from Warrington :D

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

When people call a moderately exciting game of top-flight football 'Barclays', especially if they twin it with some god-awful twee phrase 'that was a huge slice of pure Barclays' or whatever shite like that.

I've made myself feel physically sick just typing that out.

I've never heard this phrase before

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

I forgot to add that the last train from Manchester is always full of pissed word removeds from Warrington :D

So true, although most of them get off in Birchwood in my experience……….us Warrington central folk are a higher calibre…….or not.

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

So true, although most of them get off in Birchwood in my experience……….us Warrington central folk are a higher calibre…….or not.

Actually that's a fair point. Birchwood does appear to be the nadir of Warrington Culture

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's such a limiting factor on Birmingham's nightlife. Just do one at midnight and one at 1 at least. 

Do the night buses still run? 

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

No,  that's how I always used to get home.  £1 for a ticket, now it's £25 for a taxi. 

13 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

In Liverpool there's only one night bus and it literally goes from one end of the Birkenhead Tunnel to the other, on the hour

They did experiment with night buses but gave up when the police got called to many services, one route even had a police car follow every service

That might give some sort of clue as to why they don't exist.

WIth regards to trains, they tend not to happen  because a lot of minor maintenance and checks are done in the 5 hour window of no trains

37 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Some routes still have them; for example, the 9 still runs to Stourbridge where I live during the night (at weekends anyway). But I think it's no more than 1 or 2 per hour; the journey takes about 75-90 minutes (as opposed to 30 in a taxi) and I live about 25 minutes' walk from the bus station. I realise the system obviously isn't set up for my specific needs, but it puts off all but the most utterly determined or those prepared to pay for a cab (can be nearly £50). And Stourbridge is comparatively well connected. 

5 hours ago, bickster said:

Genuinely never heard this until now. Consider that you have caused me mental anguish and reflect on that

5 hours ago, Genie said:

I’ve never heard that phrase before either.

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I too have never heard this before.

Methinks this might just be a Hanoi thing……..

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I've never heard this phrase before

Genuinely, 100% a real thing. Obviously not a very common thing, and for that we can all be grateful. 

6 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Cars always dirty, can't remember the last time a roadsweeper was seen near me.

It's salt this time of the year not dirt. Sick of jetwashing the car three times a week

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Genuinely, 100% a real thing. Obviously not a very common thing, and for that we can all be grateful. 

What does it mean?

When I last lived in Brum (early 70s!), most bus routes ran all night - one per hour, leaving the city centre terminus on the hour. I took this for granted, so when I came to Leeds for uni, I was shocked to find that such a thing was unheard of - last bus at about 11.00pm and that was your lot. 

Sounds like Birmingham has regressed. 

• Like 1

Fuel costs are just getting insane, an apparently will get worse. Average £1.60 a litre now for diesel. Some thing needs to be done, we know the petroleum companies profits have to exceed the Billions, but this is ridiculous for the regular consumer. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Fuel costs are just getting insane, an apparently will get worse. Average £1.60 a litre now for diesel. Some thing needs to be done, we know the petroleum companies profits have to exceed the Billions, but this is ridiculous for the regular consumer. 

Yep, it’s made worse because the actual energy companies are making more money than ever.

Its not a real crisis, It’s profiteering.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â