Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Bit of a personal one, I've suffered with eczema on and off for years and one of the worst places has been me nipples, anyway they've got to the point where they're almost always hard and poke through my clothes and it's so annoying.  From now on I'll have to either wear a thick jumper or stick plasters on to hide them I think.

31 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Bit of a personal one, I've suffered with eczema on and off for years and one of the worst places has been me nipples, anyway they've got to the point where they're almost always hard and poke through my clothes and it's so annoying.  From now on I'll have to either wear a thick jumper or stick plasters on to hide them I think.

Henceforth you shall be known as "Mr Pokies". 

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Which reminds me. My daughters' school year groups included at least three "Aaron"s. Now When I Wor A Lad, that name was pronounced "Air-an". But now it seems to have become "Arran". 

Modern life is rubbish.  

It's always been Arran to me. 

"Air-an" is the american pronunciation

• Like 4

13 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Is it the eczema that is causing your problems or the cold temperatures ?

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

My parents and everybody I heard say it in the 60s/70s must have been American, then. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I agree but it isn't all Americans that pronounce it that way.

I have never heard anyone call Aaron Neville anything other than a-ruhn

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

I agree but it isn't all Americans that pronounce it that way.

I have never heard anyone call Aaron Neville anything other than a-ruhn

Same as Aaron Sorkin. 

• Like 1

On 31/01/2022 at 18:04, Rds1983 said:

I quite like the interesting and unusual names. Much more interesting then the boring, everyday ones which are really common like Alex, Ben or Rob etc. 

I had my name before it was popular ;)

#HipsterLife

2 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Hope you've not been stewing on this. Clear wind up with my own name was included. 

My therapist said to let it go and not dwell on it! ;) 

Nah, I was just in the thread again and it made me think that when I was at my various schools and colleges, I don't think i knew anyone else called Alex.

It was a name that seemed to become popular later on. I'm trying to think when though and If there was a particular reason. 

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Nah, I was just in the thread again and it made me think that when I was at my various schools and colleges, I don't think i knew anyone else called Alex.

It was a name that seemed to become popular later on. I'm trying to think when though and If there was a particular reason. 

There was a plethora of kids in my year at school called Alex. So in theory they were born in 1970. Predates Hurricane Higgins and based on that unsure where the interest came from. Perhaps a tribute to Princess Alexandra. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xela said:

My son is Alex.   He and the other drum major in his high school marching band were both named Alex.   Not only that, both have a surname that's a color. 

Our son started out as Alexander and my wife and I called him Xander more often than not, but he started calling himself Alex when he reached his teens.   I liked to call him A-dog when he was younger, but he doesn't like it.   i miss that.   Maybe I'll start referring to you as A-dog for nostalgia's sake.   You cool wit dat?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

My son is Alex.   He and the other drum major in his high school marching band were both named Alex.   Not only that, both have a surname that's a color. 

Our son started out as Alexander and my wife and I called him Xander more often than not, but he started calling himself Alex when he reached his teens.   I liked to call him A-dog when he was younger, but he doesn't like it.   i miss that.   Maybe I'll start referring to you as A-dog for nostalgia's sake.   You cool wit dat?

Surely you’d have to call him Goda?

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â