Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Apple related threads - they never stay free of people hell bent on hating apple products. And I always wind up back in one in the innocent hope of a decent hassle free thread.

It's hilarious isn't it.

The irony being that the people who hate apple are more obsessed by Apple than (most of) the people in the thread for it's intention.

The word banter and the over usage of it!

Completely 100% agree.

And related to this point, when people are taking the piss too much, almost insulting you, but at the end they say It was just a bit of banter, was just a joke lighten up. Lighten up? You have just basically insulted me,

The word banter and the over usage of it!

Completely 100% agree.

And related to this point, when people are taking the piss too much, almost insulting you, but at the end they say It was just a bit of banter, was just a joke lighten up. Lighten up? You have just basically insulted me,

On a similar note, people who apparently I don't "get"

There's a guy at work, a senior manager, and the guy is a total dick. Everyone hates him.

Good at his job, and apparently a good manager in terms of getting you up the ladder. But he's a word removed.

Yet people say "Oh that's just the way he is" "you have to get used to him"

**** that. The guys is totally rude, and a rocket polisher. You can't just excuuse that because it's "how he is"

I agree I basicly make no time for anyone who I dont like, if I think you are a knob I will not associate with you, I dont wanto decide I dont like you and then choose to spend time with you in the hope that I ''get you''

your a knob, he's a knob, she's a knob deal with it you bunch of knobs

I'm sure people think the same about me but I geniuinely couldnt give a toss, as long as the people I like and get on with have time for me then thats all that matters

I agree I basicly make no time for anyone who I dont like, if I think you are a knob I will not associate with you, I dont wanto decide I dont like you and then choose to spend time with you in the hope that I ''get you''

your a knob, he's a knob, she's a knob deal with it you bunch of knobs

I'm sure people think the same about me but I geniuinely couldnt give a toss, as long as the people I like and get on with have time for me then thats all that matters

Same many years ago I decided to get ruthless with people. I dont give anyone who annoys me anytime. If I feel someones banter goes too far, I will remove that person from my life. The difference bwetween now and when I was younger was that I decide how popular i am. Its not do you like me, its more do I like you.

Well, if you want to get promoted......

That's what I was thinking :) I'll tolerate you while I'm below you in the food chain. Usually people like that, unless they're amazing at their job, are restricted in their careers because those above them don't like them either so they get overlooked. Polishers of the rocket tend to excel when they go out on their own. That way they're at the top and can bully their employees.

Apple related threads - they never stay free of people hell bent on hating apple products. And I always wind up back in one in the innocent hope of a decent hassle free thread.

It's hilarious isn't it.

The irony being that the people who hate apple are more obsessed by Apple than (most of) the people in the thread for it's intention.

There's a reason for it though, and it's called payback.

I'm old enough to remember when Apple was the obscure little company whose products were only used by geeks. And said geeks used to do exactly what the Apple haters are doing now, only against PCs and Microsoft.

You couldn't have a discussion about Windows or Office etc., without some Applehead diving in and telling you that Bill Gates was the antichrist, and what a blind sheep you were for going with the mass market crap, unlike the cool kids who had a Mac, which was superior in every way.

It got really tiresome. Now Apple are the new establishment (at least in the world of mp3s and smartphones), so they can take some of the same shit.

You couldn't have a discussion about Windows or Office etc., without some Applehead diving in and telling you that Bill Gates was the antichrist, and what a blind sheep you were for going with the mass market crap, unlike the cool kids who had a Mac, which was superior in every way.

You still can't have that discussion.

Well, if you want to get promoted......

That's what I was thinking :) I'll tolerate you while I'm below you in the food chain. Usually people like that, unless they're amazing at their job, are restricted in their careers because those above them don't like them either so they get overlooked. Polishers of the rocket tend to excel when they go out on their own. That way they're at the top and can bully their employees.

Oh I'll tolerate him. And quite frankly he intimidates me so i'm not going to do anythig about it (although I do pretty much ignore him if he speaks to me, whereas other people rise to his "banter")

What annoys me is other people excusing his behaviour because that's just what he's like.

If I murdered babies could I say "But that's just what I'm like!" and be excused?

The fact the deadline to essentially reapply for my own job is today...... thats taken care of.

Only to be told that the window for other jobs within the "new structure" close at noon on Monday.

Thats my weekend **** now.

Thanks.

Pricks.

The fact the deadline to essentially reapply for my own job is today...... thats taken care of.

Only to be told that the window for other jobs within the "new structure" close at noon on Monday.

Thats my weekend **** now.

Thanks.

Pricks.

Why are you having to reapply for your own job mate?

My Dad just jumped departments..going from Connexions to Social care.

Apparently the council want to get down to 5 buidings. So he's doing 'hot desking' which, as a man of 56, pisses him off greatly.

Some stupid bint has just wished her cat happy 4th birthday on Facebook, i couldnt help myself, i didnt want to be her friend anyway!!! :)

At university I was friends with someone who had a facebook page for their rabbit.

The rabbit was friends with a dog.

Elaboration needed!

Something along the lines of "playing in traffic so we dont have to read shit like this every year".

Oh shit...ive just realised, maybe she thought i meant the cat to go and play in the traffic!?!?!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â