Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

33 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'd gone over 18 months without driving in rush hour, but I've been doing it most days to visit the hospital, and now I understand it was genuinely the most stressful part of my work day. The amount of rocket polishers that can't follow the lines and just swerve into my lane, or flash their indicator the moment they try to merge used to drive me crazy, but now, I just follow them and lean on the **** horn until I get bored.

I'm on the road all the time, trucks rule the roads. Pull out in front of you anytime cause there big and think you will stop. Hog the lanes, try and take over a truck doing exactly the same speed on a 2 lane road. They drive me insane.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Linked sausages. 

You go to a grab a couple out the packet and all 8 flop out, like some kind of daft prank.

Imagine if that happened to us with fish fingers? We just wouldn’t stand for it.

Let loose the sausage! 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1

5 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Linked sausages. 

You go to a grab a couple out the packet and all 8 flop out, like some kind of daft prank.

Imagine if that happened to us with fish fingers? We just wouldn’t stand for it.

Fish flingers

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Linked sausages. 

Possibly ther most on-topic post in this thread for months :mrgreen:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Linked sausages. 

You go to a grab a couple out the packet and all 8 flop out, like some kind of daft prank

You didn’t get lucky. It happens all around the worl….sorry, I thought you said daft punk

• Haha 3

The waders let me out for association today, as they do every Sunday. So I went out for my usual bike ride. As I got to the furthest point from my house on the route, just changing down a gear and the rear derailleur sheared right off. Bugger!  So a long push home through the Lancashire countryside ensued. One kind cyclist stopped to see if he could help, one large estate car stopped but then drove off after presumably changing their mind.

Spent most of the afternoon after I got back dismantling the bike to salvage the re-usable parts ( to be fair the thing is well past its best and knackered )   I was going to replace it anyway soon, but when I tried to get a new one from that internet, that they have, it kept refusing to accept payment. I suppose I’m lucky to be able to have enough funds to replace my bike, but it shouldn’t take as long to buy one online as it does to walk 6 miles pushing a broken bike down country lanes.

The terrible names that some parents give to their kids.

I know it is being judgemental but when certain names are shouted in the supermarket, you can guess what the family will be like and the fact the the kid has no chance in life. 

I guess i'm a traditionalist with names. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Xela said:

I know it is being judgemental but when certain names are shouted in the supermarket, you can guess what the family will be like and the fact the the kid has no chance in life. 

Its hard! 

Personally I want something different without being outlandish and then at the same time I have to factor in friends and family and people I generally know so it's easy to end up a bit out there

With my mom's job she has a database with every kid registered in the county and she tells me some crazy ones including a rocky, twins called River and Robin Banks and a boy literally called Boy

2 hours ago, Xela said:

My childrens school would publish the children’s names who had 100% attendance in their newsletter and I would cringe and laugh reading through some of the names.

who am I to judge and all that but I guess I’m a traditionalist on this too 😁

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I recently encountered a baby named Arya. Not too unheard of post-Game of Thrones, I guess. I wouldn't have raised an eyebrow. Except that her surname is Shaw.

An ex colleague named his daughter Arya as well, didn't have the fantastic surname though. We almost fell out when I told him that he had saddled his daughter with a **** vanity name.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

An ex colleague named his daughter Arya as well, didn't have the fantastic surname though. We almost fell out when I told him that he had saddled his daughter with a **** vanity name.

They didn't take my reaction well. And they'd already had loads of people say "Arya Shaw about that name?" but stuck to it anyway, I wonder how their daughter will feel when she grows up to find out she's stuck with a ridiculous name because her parents are stubborn as ****. Can't even shorten it to anything, hopefully she has a sensible middlename. Like "Absolutely".

When we were picking a name for our little one, we spent time thinking of ways it could be used to give her a shit nickname and vetoed any that'd be prime bullying material :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Its hard! 

Personally I want something different without being outlandish and then at the same time I have to factor in friends and family and people I generally know so it's easy to end up a bit out there

With my mom's job she has a database with every kid registered in the county and she tells me some crazy ones including a rocky, twins called River and Robin Banks and a boy literally called Boy

I’ve just done it. It’s **** difficult. Especially for a boy (imo)

I haven’t encountered too many outlandish names at my kid’s school. Occasionally I hear slight variations on otherwise familiar names, nothing springs to mind.

Choosing my kid’s name was fairly straightforward - my ex chose it. I had some input of course, although I don’t think my suggestions carried much weight (Jessica was dismissed straight away because apparently there was a Jessica at her school she didn’t like). I was ultimately left to make the case for my favourite from her shortlist. I didn’t dislike the names, just a few that never felt right. 

Before settling on the final choice, she toyed with Isla (nothing wrong with it, I just think Fisher). And Evelyn was another. It’s a nice variation to Eve or Evie, but I’d always be thinking “But Evelyn Waugh was a man…”.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â