Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

had a look at oldies unlimited to see if i could say "at least theres an ok record shop..." but it looks like he closed in november

he was a nice guy, from my experience when i was at uni there 15 years ago he had a lot of knowledge about a very specific genre and age of music, maybe 70s soul or something, but then next to nothing on others, his knowledge of punk for example was seemingly non existent to didn't care and he more or less gave them away

52 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

had a look at oldies unlimited to see if i could say "at least theres an ok record shop..." but it looks like he closed in november

, his knowledge of punk for example was seemingly non existent to didn't care and he more or less gave them away

If I had any punk music I would give it away as well or throw it in the rubbish.Before anyone starts to go on about punk music,I believe in to each his owne.I am just stating what I personally would do.

Another thread ruined by musical chatter.

I remember being sat in the back of the family car with the radio on, and No More Heroes by The Stranglers came on the radio. My dad went in to a right ranting monologue about how crap it was and how it was beyond him anything so obviously rubbish would be given air time and that generally new music was no longer as good as the excellent stuff he was currently listening to.

Ah yes, I remember sitting there and thinking, eh eh, there’s something in this…

Within weeks my little gang of mates, between us had a load of singles from X Ray Specs, Stranglers, Blondie, The Jam. Within months, the haircuts had changed. A year on and we were actively looking for kids with ‘Rush’ or ‘Santana’ or ‘Queen’ written on their school bag.

Halcyon Daze.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

he was a nice guy, from my experience when i was at uni there 15 years ago he had a lot of knowledge about a very specific genre and age of music, maybe 70s soul or something, but then next to nothing on others, his knowledge of punk for example was seemingly non existent to didn't care and he more or less gave them away

My first job on leaving school was at the oldies unlimited warehouse in St George's, Telford. He was on to a winner, every earned penny went back to him. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Within weeks my little gang of mates, between us had a load of singles from X Ray Specs, Stranglers, Blondie, The Jam. Within months, the haircuts had changed. A year on and we were actively looking for kids with ‘Rush’ or ‘Santana’ or ‘Queen’ written on their school bag.

As one of the old wavers (not Rush or Queen, but I did like Santana), this was the problem I had with punk - not with the music, I could happily assimilate most of that into Rock's Rich Tapestry - but with the 'us and them' rivalry, that was stirred up by the likes of the NME journos. I didn't think the punk kids were my enemies, but they apparently thought I was theirs. 

2 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Conveyor belt toasters are the absolute pits.

used to have one where I worked .. you'd put your bread in it , and rather than stand around on your own looking like Bicks at a Beatles convention  , go get your bacon , sausage and egg  ..then come back to the toaster and find someone had nicked your toast 

did these rocket polishers think there was a toast fairy that put bread in it for them and made toast magically appear when they walked up to it ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

..then come back to the toaster and find someone had nicked your toast 

did these rocket polishers think there was a toast fairy that put bread in it for them and made toast magically appear when they walked up to it ? 

tenor.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Well yes, seemingly said fairy was yourself.

6 hours ago, bickster said:

Work have sent me to a war zone for the day without any danger money 

595E088D-494E-4EF5-8A84-6A3AB5ECE879.jpeg

Lock up your vinyl collections... Bickster is on a road trip! 

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Dear Rental Company mailing list. Just how often do you think I need to rent a car exactly?

When I moved into my new flat, I had a Hillary's Blinds salesman come out. I ordered 4 or 5 blinds for the property (it was a new build so i was starting from scratch) and they're fine. 

Every week since, they have posted me their catalogue. 8 and a half years I've been here. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Just along from there, I used to attend a country music club. It was a bit too inbred even for me. 

This is an amusing read on the UK C&W scene: 

51NKX877J3L.jpg

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â