Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

How can you not like toast? It's essentially just a vehicle for delivering melted butter into the mouth. If you don't like toast, you've probably got the wrong butter. Or you don't like butter, which is even weirder.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Any kind of sourdough bread toasted with lashings of that fancy m&s seasalt crystal butter on it is the bomb !!!

leonardo-di-caprio-you-have-my-attention

reminds me of shopping: 

“Do you want the lightly salted Lurpak?”

”No, get the full salt version.”

”It’s either lightly salted or no salt.”

”Nevermind I’ll add my own salt at home.”

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, mjmooney said:

All the women I know are repulsed by smokers. "Like kissing an ashtray". 

They're not wrong, but I find the biggest smokers nowadays, to my eyes, seem to be young women. Certainly at my workplace - the smoking areas are (or were, as its been nearly 2 years since the office was busy) were full of women under 30. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I’m at that point in my life where I needed a posh toaster.

Looked up the reviews online for some sort of gauge, 90% said brilliant, 10% said crap, only toasts one side.

Bought the toaster.

Only toasts one side.

Its not a chrome Tefal 4-slice one is it? I had one about 10 years ago... took ages to toast and only did one side. Gave it away.

Not had a toaster since. 

Going back to smoking, I was never a smoker when I was a teenager. Started to become a social smoker in my early 20's... back in the days where you could smoke in pubs and clubs. I'd buy packs from the machines you had in places like Snobs or the Dome. Usually Marlboro. Started with red, but they gave me a terrible next morning cough, moved on lights and then finally menthols. By the end of the night by clothes would absolutely reek of smoke, not just from me, but from the venue itself.

Never felt the need to smoke sober though and usually ended up with loads of half smoked boxes on my desk at home. Ended up chucking loads away. I stopped for years but started again when I used to go on lads holidays. It was cigars this time though. Can't beat a holiday beer and cigar in an exotic nightclub. Also if you go outside with a cigar, it was always a good conversation starter. Sounds weird to write it down, but at the time it felt right. 

Anyway, haven't smoked anything in years. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

They're not wrong, but I find the biggest smokers nowadays, to my eyes, seem to be young women. Certainly at my workplace - the smoking areas are (or were, as its been nearly 2 years since the office was busy) were full of women under 30. 

Yep, true dat. 

Our current toaster is the most expensive toaster we've ever bought and only does one side. 

I wanted a bagel option so I could do Crumpets bubble side only.  

It also won't take a lot of slices as they are too long. 

Next time I  **** the bagel option and buy something half the price. 

I swear all toasters are now designed to not toast to the edges anymore. It’s just kind of the middle bit and a bit close to the edges. Either bread slices have gotten bigger or toasters have gotten crapper. 

44 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I swear all toasters are now designed to not toast to the edges anymore. It’s just kind of the middle bit and a bit close to the edges. Either bread slices have gotten bigger or toasters have gotten crapper. 

I think it is the latter. Most are made to a price point now using cheaper components in China. 

You need to find one that isn't made there, or made with parts form there (and assembled somewhere else)

How about these? You pay the price though! 

https://www.dualit.com/products/classic-toasters

30 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think it is the latter. Most are made to a price point now using cheaper components in China. 

You need to find one that isn't made there, or made with parts form there (and assembled somewhere else)

Maybe bread is smaller in China?

35 minutes ago, Xela said:

I would humbly suggest, some of these only toast on one side.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â