Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

They must have been really stuck for conversation the last couple of years when people have been doing **** all at the weekend and no one had any holidays planned. 😂😂

Think of the poor taxi conversationalists.

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Is there a more annoying sight in football than Bielsa with his stupid **** squatting? Makes me want to smash the TV everytime. 

Yes there is. Klopp, Pep and Tuchel having a fit at the assistant ref after every foul and incident that goes against them!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Davkaus said:

ozkzgTI.png

I find to hard to believe that anyone smokes actual cigarettes anymore.

Not being judgy as I used to smoke, but you realize pretty early on that it makes you feel like shit and with vaping widely available now why not do that?

It doesn't smell like crap and you don't have to leave the building (I imagine although I don't actually know.)

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I find to hard to believe that anyone smokes actual cigarettes anymore.

Not being judgy as I used to smoke, but you realize pretty early on that it makes you feel like shit and with vaping widely available now why not do that?

It doesn't smell like crap and you don't have to leave the building (I imagine although I don't actually know.)

Most places prohibit vaping indoors. I'd also challenge on the "doesn't smell like crap" bit as I can't stand it, giant cloud of chemicals and usually very saccharine. 

• Like 3

I used to smoke, it was absolutely fantastic. I loved smoking. I gave up in April 2002 and always vowed to restart when I was 80. That said the games gone, it's all about money now. I am comparatively well paid and I don't think I could afford to smoke in the same volume I used to. 

It's the ultimate thing I don't get... 

Drugs, drink, other addictions like gambling etc I can understand to various extents

but smoking? What does it do beyond fill in the craving for a cigarette which I don't have because I never properly smoked, you gave yourself that craving 

There's no drink alcohol to get drunk type payoff with a cigarette that I can see, have this argument a lot with my missus who wants to smoke but hates drinking whereas I like a binge drink and detest smoking, I don't drink 2 cans of beer a night for the same reason, I know its unhealthy and 2 cans won't get me drunk so why bother, that's how I feel about cigarettes 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It's the ultimate thing I don't get... 

Drugs, drink, other addictions like gambling etc I can understand to various extents

but smoking? What does it do beyond fill in the craving for a cigarette which I don't have because I never properly smoked, you gave yourself that craving 

There's no drink alcohol to get drunk type payoff with a cigarette that I can see, have this argument a lot with my missus who wants to smoke but hates drinking whereas I like a binge drink and detest smoking, I don't drink 2 cans of beer a night for the same reason, I know its unhealthy and 2 cans won't get me drunk so why bother, that's how I feel about cigarettes 

Well first of all let's get the science out of the way. Smoking makes you 80% more attractive to women. That's science. Also it fills no gap other than the craving. The craving is a nag, and after it's filled there is a satiated feeling. Remember though, 80 percent. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Most places prohibit vaping indoors. I'd also challenge on the "doesn't smell like crap" bit as I can't stand it, giant cloud of chemicals and usually very saccharine. 

Chemicals bought off the Internet in a totally unregulated marketplace. I do wonder how long till they find some really nasty shit has found it's way into the formula's. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Well first of all let's get the science out of the way. Smoking makes you 80% more attractive to women. That's science. Also it fills no gap other than the craving. The craving is a nag, and after it's filled there is a satiated feeling. Remember though, 80 percent. 

All the women I know are repulsed by smokers. "Like kissing an ashtray". 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

There's no drink alcohol to get drunk type payoff with a cigarette that I can see, have this argument a lot with my missus who wants to smoke but hates drinking whereas I like a binge drink and detest smoking, I don't drink 2 cans of beer a night for the same reason, I know its unhealthy and 2 cans won't get me drunk so why bother. 

I detest smoking and binge drinking. But I love moderate drinking. Two drinks a night is absolutely perfect. Why? Because I like the taste, and I like the lightly relaxing effect, without getting stupidly pissed and incurring a dreadful hangover. It wouldn't be cans - canned beer is invariably nasty - but draught or bottled ale, nice wine or (occasionally) a decent whisky, rum or cognac. Wine also enhances food (and vice versa). Quality not quantity. 

• Like 2

I don't, if I'm not getting drunk then what's the point of drinking? I drink almost exclusively in an attempt to get drunk 

The father in law has a schnapps after every meal as a "pudding" I don't get it and can't do it 

I'll poison myself with coca cola instead 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

if I'm not getting drunk then what's the point of drinking? I drink almost exclusively in an attempt to get drunk

I find that a rather sad and depressing thought. And it's probably the road to alcoholism. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

I find that a rather sad and depressing thought. And it's probably the road to alcoholism. 

not when i only do it about 5 to 10 times a year

when i was going to the villa a lot then yeah that was a bit different, like every saturday was a stag do

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I detest smoking and binge drinking. But I love moderate drinking. Two drinks a night is absolutely perfect. Why? Because I like the taste, and I like the lightly relaxing effect, without getting stupidly pissed and incurring a dreadful hangover. It wouldn't be cans - canned beer is invariably nasty - but draught or bottled ale, nice wine or (occasionally) a decent whisky, rum or cognac. Wine also enhances food (and vice versa). Quality not quantity. 

I can’t do moderate drinking. I just end up getting tired, whereas it’s fine if I have a proper session.

Net result is I drink about five times a year these days. Can’t say I miss it either.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â