Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

3 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

It pisses me off that there are  song, album AND music threads....it further pisses me off more when other threads (like deadpool) get hijacked and go off topic just cos some musician croaked it.

The three aforementioned threads should be merged into one.

There. 

I've said it now and I'm NOT sorry !

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Talking of musical threads. I don’t like it when the non educated VT crowd try to pile in on musical threads and embarrass themselves. It’s like, dude, just stick to listening to Springsteen and not telling anyone about it. They’ve always got thin skins too, when you try and help them be cool.

There should be some basic test before you can apply to post in the music related threads. Or perhaps you should have a sponsor, someone that is already cool that can suggest you to the inner circle. With the rest of the circle we can then look at past posts, ask a few searching questions and test for wrong uns. All inductees can still be black balled during a probationary 18 month period. 

tenor.gif

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I'll never forget playing a game of rugby about 10 years ago. One of our team was making his comeback in a in-house 2nds vs 3rds game after being out for roughly 6 months after breaking his collarbone (or something like that). He got tackled about 5 minutes in and someone fell on his leg breaking it in two places. Even though I was a good 50 feet away the sound of it crunching was awful. Pretty sure he retired after that. 

Rugby is **** brutal.

I had a click in my neck for years from a scrum and that was from a PE lesson… Also just from the school team in the space of a couple of years had a kid break their neck and another their collar bone. 

3 minutes ago, penguin said:

Rugby is **** brutal.

I had a click in my neck for years from a scrum and that was from a PE lesson… Also just from the school team in the space of a couple of years had a kid break their neck and another their collar bone. 

It's not as bad as some people think but injuries are part of the game. I was a backrow forward so in a position that gets a fair amount of abuse. Had concussions and more cuts/bruises then I can remember (studs across the face was a distinctive one though) but never had a major injury and had worse things playing 5 a side. My BIL has done both shoulders though and his Dad broke his leg. You find back's often get worse injuries (ignoring front row gone wrong) as they're moving at greater speeds when tackled. 

I went to a school where the punishment for not getting in the rugby teams during PE was to be sent off to the tennis courts to play football without supervision.

It was bloody tough, week in, week out, trying to be in the shittest 5 or 6 kids that don’t make the cut.

Every now and again I’d end up selected and I’d have to put in a real special stand out performance so the next week they wouldn’t go anywhere near me again.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, sidcow said:

18 month period. 

They don't use months and time as we think about it in the music threads,  it's based on a simple algorithm,  something like (release date-Last release date) / artist deaths date * avg chart position - (Bicks Connstant*C)

It's then made into something we would recognize as a calendar of sorts.  I don't know how to get one, sorry.

*Removes the Beatles as a variable in memory.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

It's not as bad as some people think but injuries are part of the game. I was a backrow forward so in a position that gets a fair amount of abuse. Had concussions and more cuts/bruises then I can remember (studs across the face was a distinctive one though) but never had a major injury and had worse things playing 5 a side. My BIL has done both shoulders though and his Dad broke his leg. You find back's often get worse injuries (ignoring front row gone wrong) as they're moving at greater speeds when tackled. 

I was a Hooker before I got too tall and became a wing forward

I suspect you and Penguin may be from different eras, back in the 70s and 80s before the Union game was professional the scrum was nowhere near as well managed as it is now and lessons in school really didn't teach you much about how to do it safely. It really was horrendous, the headbuts as the two front rows came together for example were often just ignored, the biting the gouging and all the other "dark arts" were just "part of the game". Raking someone one the floor in a ruck or maul was fairly standard

Different game these days (and for the better)

36 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Glenn Close's face.  There's just something about it that annoys me.

Try standing further away from Glenn.  Might look better from further away. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

They don't use months and time as we think about it in the music threads,  it's based on a simple algorithm,  something like (release date-Last release date) / artist deaths date * avg chart position - (Bicks Connstant*C)

It's then made into something we would recognize as a calendar of sorts.  I don't know how to get one, sorry.

*Removes the Beatles as a variable in memory.

I never said that! 

• Haha 1

My head of sixth form was a respected but tall, powerful and intimating guy. He once almost broke my mom’s fingers just giving her a firm handshake at a parent/teacher meeting.

When I was in year 10 or 11 he appeared one day to take over a rugby lesson instead of the PE teacher, despite him being there.

It pretty quickly transpired that the head of sixth form had just found out that his daughter in year 12 or 13 had shagged a guy in my year. So the head is refereeing the match, waits until the culprit gets the ball, and then just charges onto the pitch and almost snaps in half.

Couldn’t get away with that these days. Health and safety gone mad.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â