Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Victoria Coren-Mitchell on Only Connect. 

I love the show but she gets more and more annoying every week. She’s about as funny as dick cancer

I take it you've just seen her in the snowflake outfit 😂😂❄️

I think this has been raised before actually. 

• Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

I take it you've just seen her in the snowflake outfit 😂😂❄️

I think this has been raised before actually. 

Yeah I think it has. 

I don’t mind her actual hosting. But the opening and closing monologues get longer and longer each week and they are so so shit

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Victoria Coren-Mitchell on Only Connect. 

I love the show but she gets more and more annoying every week. She’s about as funny as dick cancer

Agreed. I used to like her years ago, but she's gone from being a fairly "straight man" style presenter to trying to push her attempts at comedy, and it just doesn't work for me. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bickster said:

You have the second best public transport system in England. With the exception of the awful London where buses and trains only appear every 3 minutes, Birmingham's network is much better than everywhere else

Come up here and witness buses that go to places no-one wants to go to by routes that snake their way around the city and train services that have been changed from every 15 minutes to every 20 because... new trains, except the new trains aren't ready yet and they don't seem to understand that every 20 minutes is a backward step from every 15 minutes

Isn't Newcastle's pretty good? We certainly found the metro pretty handy when we were there, and it seems to be faster and more reliable than our one. Maybe I'm wrong though, haven't spent too much time up there.

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Isn't Newcastle's pretty good? We certainly found the metro pretty handy when we were there, and it seems to be faster and more reliable than our one. Maybe I'm wrong though, haven't spent too much time up there.

As a kid I spent my summers up in Newcastle and then in the early 90s had a short time living up there. The metro in my experience then and since is that it was excellent and very reasonably priced. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Maybe I'm wrong though, haven't spent too much time up there.

Not much experience of Newcastle tbh because it's.... just a small town in Scotland. I think I've used the Metro once in my entire life

It could be better, I genuinely don't know but there's nothing wrong with Birmingham's either, it's miles ahead of nearly everywhere that I could think of, I try not to think of Newcastle ;)

From where I grew up, that I can get into town (mate) in about 45 mins using two different buses and a ten minute walk to the first bus stop is pretty unbeatable in most cities for a location that's 7 miles out and not on a direct route. If I tried to do something similar by bus in Liverpool I'd need a picnic

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

On the off menu podcast, she chose a ploughman’s as her favourite ever main meal.

That's like your favourite movie being the pre flight safety video on British Airways

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Footballers, so many of them are lazy lazy bastards knowing that the buck will stop at the manager or the owner, I'm sure villa will have something similar under Smith / Gerrard, so easy to go missing 

Precious animals 

FB_IMG_1640795391217.jpg

I don't think you can run that much when you're set up as negatively as Nuno did tbf.

20 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

On the off menu podcast, she chose a ploughman’s as her favourite ever main meal.

I wouldn't call it a 'main meal', but a really good ploughman's (with a pint) can be, er... really good. 

• Like 2

Shrinkflation. It's seeping into everything and getting worse and worse/more blatant. 

We've bought these chocolate truffles coated in flakey chocolate from M&S. they come in a really big box, you would think there must be 10 - 12 decent sized choccies in there. 

But they've arranged them in 2 star shapes so you only get 8 small pieces in the box. Grrrrrrrrr. 

21 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Shrinkflation. It's seeping into everything and getting worse and worse/more blatant. 

We've bought these chocolate truffles coated in flakey chocolate from M&S. they come in a really big box, you would think there must be 10 - 12 decent sized choccies in there. 

But they've arranged them in 2 star shapes so you only get 8 small pieces in the box. Grrrrrrrrr. 

The small box of cadburys roses 

£3

You get 15 in there, max. Maybe less. 

John Cadbury would be spinning in his grave. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I bet 8 of them are the putrid strawberry creams too 🤢

There is DEFINITELY a bias towards Strawberry and Orange creams. I assume they are cheaper to make than the other chocolates. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â