Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Can someone please explain the Alabama reference? It's gone completely over my head.

Theres a place in Alabama called 'Mobile' but they all pronounce it 'Mobeel'. Thats all.

(for fans of the series the Pacific, it's the town Eugene Sledge was from)

They've discontinued the LEGO Star Wars Death Star as of Christmas just gone.

So what used to be around £250, is now going from £300 to £400 on Ebay! :(

Thats reminded me, to make some dosh out of stupid xmas junkies next year by buying a shitload of Heston Orange filled xmas puddings, which sell out every year (Waitrose limit them to 2 a customer!) usually before December starts. This year they were going on E-bay for £200 a pop (they only cost £20)

It does pisses me off that people are that barking mad to spend that kind of dosh on something so silly but it shouldn't as I plan to make some money out of their stupidity :mrgreen:

(hows that for being randomly on topic!)

They've discontinued the LEGO Star Wars Death Star as of Christmas just gone.

So what used to be around £250, is now going from £300 to £400 on Ebay! :(

Thats reminded me, to make some dosh out of stupid xmas junkies next year by buying a shitload of Heston Orange filled xmas puddings, which sell out every year (Waitrose limit them to 2 a customer!) usually before December starts. This year they were going on E-bay for £200 a pop (they only cost £20)

It does pisses me off that people are that barking mad to spend that kind of dosh on something so silly but it shouldn't as I plan to make some money out of their stupidity :mrgreen:

(hows that for being randomly on topic!)

I like the idea Bicks, can you PM me around October time next year please to remind me? :)

The way Americans say 'mobile'.

Mind you, the way Americans pronounce their words varies from region to region, sometimes in a big way.

Of course. I love accent spotting.

Mind you, the way Americans pronounce their words varies from region to region, sometimes in a big way.

Me too. Just in Massachusetts, (one of the smallest states), the accent can literally vary from town to town, it's amazing.

Do they not still refer to it as a 'cell-phone'?

Yeah like that place, cell-phone, Alabama.
Need confirmation from one of our USAians.

I would say that the cellphone is "moble", and the place in Alabama is "Mo-BEEL".

:?:

Yes it's Mo-beel. Pronounced that way partly because it was founded by the French and in turn derived from a local native tribe.

Me too. Just in Massachusetts, (one of the smallest states), the accent can literally vary from town to town, it's amazing.

Maybe us Brits don't hear the differences as well. I've always been amazed at the range of accents and dialects in the UK with how small it is.

I'm not really able to differentiate between American accents apart from the obvious, (NY, deep south etc.).

Got my boiler fixed before xmas. Been working perfectly all winter, a stupidly mild winter.

Yesterday and today are the coldest days we've had for ages and what happens? boiler packs up so I was freeeeeezing last night!

Ground frost. Its been beautiful all week, comes to the weekend and its forecast widespread frost!!!

fkbq11.jpg

Frost (generally) = beautiful skies, but cold ....

I'll take that over slightly less cold, but damp and overcast and grey and miserable.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â