Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Just reading through the news about coronavirus and Brexit and I’m pretty certain I’ve never been so embarrassed to be British as now.

Hold my beer. And BBQ.

See the source image

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Oh, if we're back on that again... evidence for the prosecution: 

IMG_20201220_184246.jpg

That is disgusting. Hopefully VAR will intervene and give a straight red. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Cold water swimmers. They are the new vegans, they can’t wait to tell you that they are a cold water swimmer. It must be terrible if you are a vegan cold water swimmer, what’s  the opening gambit. 

As long as they don't do CrossFit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Sorry to go over old ground, but I'm stunned that people wash up by just running the tap and washing stuff under the stream, as opposed to filling the sink/bowl.

Genuinely mental.

Go on, rinse it for all its worth. 

22 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Resting goalkeepers for cup games especially late into the competition.

Sod loyalty. Sod team spirit and morale. It's a cup game, thanks for doing a job against Woking but kindly...do one!

I think we've moved to a situation now where a lot of clubs, especially the top ones, aren't "resting" keepers. They have league goalkeepers and cup goalkeepers.

I don't know if it's contractual but I'd say at minimum it's a gentleman's agreement at a lot of clubs that the second keeper plays in the cup games.

I'm not defending it. I don't like it. It's just another way for bigger clubs to keep all of the better players happy and stop other clubs from getting them. Goalkeeper used to be a position where, because of the nature of there being only one, the quality was nicely spread around teams. You'd have properly good, international class goalkeepers at smaller clubs.
But more and more now those keepers are happier to be number 2's because of money and the guarantee of playing 10ish games a season in the cups.

On 21/12/2020 at 16:26, Stevo985 said:

Sorry to go over old ground, but I'm stunned that people wash up by just running the tap and washing stuff under the stream, as opposed to filling the sink/bowl.

Genuinely mental.

I'm on the otherside. Why people wash things up in dirty water is to me hard to fathom.

As for dishwashers, that's in my experience a female problem. I've relieved my gf from dishwasher duties completely cause it's like space efficient placing doesn't compute in her brain.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:
On 21/12/2020 at 15:26, Stevo985 said:

Genuinely mental.

I'm on the otherside. Why people wash things up in dirty water is to me hard to fathom.

As for dishwashers, that's in my experience a female problem. I've relieved my gf from dishwasher duties completely cause it's like space efficient placing doesn't compute in her brain.

I find it weird that people who do one approach are almost trying not to understand how the other approach works in an attempt to call it bizarre.

Things are not washed under a constant stream of water. That would be moronic and 'genuinely mental'. Some water is used at the start. Enough to wet the sponge and give them a small rinse. The water is then turned off while the sponge is used to properly clean everything until just suds are left behind. Then when all's done they are rinsed clean.

Also, I have country cousins who use the bowl method. They're not being washed in some foody soup of scum water. Similar to above, the tap is used to rinse at the end, and any heavy food is removed before they go near a bowl. The bowl just serves to preserve some amount of water, but ultimately it's the sponge and the rinse at the end that does it.

There's more than one non-mental way to skin a cat.

• Like 1

On 21/12/2020 at 17:57, Xela said:

If i've only got a side plate to clean... if i've had a sandwich or something, then just a swill under the tap is fine. 

Plates for a sandwich , well look at you all lardy dardy and posh 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â