Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

8 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

People who are English and don't know the difference between it's and its or their or there or loosing and losing. Worst bit is that I think most people know, they just don't care. 

I'd also add my job. I have a great new position, good job, good salary. I'm lucky. BUT since we work in consultancy we have heaps and heaps of work. It's a recession proof business to a certain degree, so we have done quite well during Covid, but what pisses me off is how difficult it is to take vacation. I'm due 10 weeks. Had plans of taking out 4 weeks this summer, and was supposed to be off already last Wed. but work has just kept ticking in and it's just fecking impossible to get away from it. I'm hoping I can take vaca from today, but I can already see 2-3 projects causing problems within the next couple of weeks, so I fully expect people to start calling me to do stuff. 

It was easy when I was single, but with a SO that expects me to be there when she's off, it's not so fun anymore. **** knows how it pans out when you get kids. I genuinly don't get what my colleagues with kids do. Guess they just don't care and turn off their phones. 

It’s ironic that whilst my daughter and me have both been stuck at home for the past 3 months I’ve probably spent the least time with her I have for years. My work is just relentless and when time’s are hard for so many losing work I feel grateful to still be in work and obliged to try and get the job done. Even though it means I have no life! 

I heard my daughter asking my missus the day why Daddy never takes a break or stops working.

I think during busy times like this it would be good to go to the office even if it’s for a couple of days a week.  Just for something different from a small room and a laptop.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm usually ok with spelling and grammar. Any mistakes on here I put down to laziness and tiredness. Plus I'm not a fan of the Macbook Air keyboard

One thing I do struggle with is effect/affect. Always been my weak spot. I imagine @mjmooney would be appalled. 

Bear and bare? I googled it to make sure I got  bear with me right it right but it seems weird when bear is an animal! 

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

For reasons I won’t bore you with, I’ve got Dave, Frankie and Chris on the go as first names.

Like something from Only Fools And Horses, there are a few people at the football that know me as Dave and you can see them trying to work it out when other people call me Chris. It’s the only place where the different names have crossed.

Happens with me at the Villa. People from VT call me Bicks, people I was at school with call me Taff. This usually happens in the Bartons but they are all used to my different names now. Rarely am I called Gareth

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bear and bare? I googled it to make sure I got  bear with me right it right but it seems weird when bear is an animal! 

Bear (as a verb) can mean 'carry' (bear the burden) or 'move in a particular direction' (bear left at the lights) or 'tolerate' (I can't bear rap music). 

Bare (as a verb) really just means to make bare (bare one's soul). 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

CBDF8E34-EA0C-4F2F-B263-7071475FFDE0.jpeg

• Haha 1

I installed football manager on my phone to pass some time.

Starting out as Villa and no matter what configuration I go for, which players, buying a load of players pre-season, working with what we had.... always goes the same way 💩

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I've had implants 2 years ago so the aching jaw and feeling like shit with a swollen face is nothing new, I think the main problem for me is that I feel like I don't need it that badly and I can't be bothered 

And you mean drinking sea water or what? ;)

If they're not giving you trouble, don't bother.  Or if you have problems with one just have that one out.  I broke one of mine a couple of years ago.   My dentist convinced me to get it taken out, as it was significantly cheaper than a crown and I always had trouble brushing and flossing back there anyway.   I was worried about feeling unbalanced having just the one out but went ahead with it.  It was quick, easy and mostly painless and I don't miss it.   My son had to have all 4 out and we had to schedule during a school break because he needed 1-2 weeks to be healed.   That's not worth it unless leaving them in is going to cause problems.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Genie said:

Starting out as Villa and no matter what configuration I go for, which players, buying a load of players pre-season, working with what we had.... always goes the same way 💩

Pretty realistic then. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Seat68 said:

This is something that is ripe for this thread. I don’t understand it but its been happening for years. My name is Peter but maybe once or twice a year, in an email or on a call, I get called Paul. Always Paul. Never any other name. 
I have no beef with the Pauls of the world. My best mate is called Paul. Its a fine name. These people are basically ignorant words removed. 

• Like 1

My parents always called me Michael. No abbreviating. Apart from them, of everybody who has ever known me, 50% call me Mike, and 50% Mick. I prefer Mike, but I don't really care either way. My wife calls me Mick because her previous boyfriend was called Mike. The only exception is my son-in-law's 90 year old grandmother, who has Alzheimer's. She calls me Bill. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, mjmooney said:

My parents always called me Michael. No abbreviating. Apart from them, of everybody who has ever known me, 50% call me Mike, and 50% Mick. I prefer Mike, but I don't really care either way. My wife calls me Mick because her previous boyfriend was called Mike. The only exception is my son-in-law's 90 year old grandmother, who has Alzheimer's. She calls me Bill. 

I'm the same but with Dave and David, my Dad calls me DB sometimes which is fine but whenever he or my Mum called me Dave it just sounded completely wrong somehow.  Anyone else it's the complete opposite, it's weird.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Genie said:

I did the same yesterday and was surprised how shit we aren't on it.

What pisses me off is that I've been working my way through Curb Your Enthusiasm on the Sky app while I wait for them to come out and install proper Sky and got to the 7th season and they've suddenly taken it down.  If I had some notice that was happening I'd have binged the last few series.  It probably means it's been bought up by one of the other streaming services and I'll end up having to fork out for another TV subscription if I want to finish it.

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm the same but with Dave and David, my Dad calls me DB sometimes which is fine but whenever he or my Mum called me Dave it just sounded completely wrong somehow.  Anyone else it's the complete opposite, it's weird.

Yeah, parents tend to stick to full-length versions. Although our elder daughter is Elizabeth, and we've never called her anything but Liza (rhymes with Tizer) - her pet hate has always been people calling her Lisa (Leessa). 

I used to have a girlfriend called Sue who hated being called Susan, because that was what her parents called her when she was being told off for something. 

Police attacked again last night in London after trying to break up a gathering in White City. I despair at this country sometimes. 

On 04/07/2020 at 09:43, sharkyvilla said:

I did the same yesterday and was surprised how shit we aren't on it.

What pisses me off is that I've been working my way through Curb Your Enthusiasm on the Sky app while I wait for them to come out and install proper Sky and got to the 7th season and they've suddenly taken it down.  If I had some notice that was happening I'd have binged the last few series.  It probably means it's been bought up by one of the other streaming services and I'll end up having to fork out for another TV subscription if I want to finish it.

Happens all the time on Sky. Very annoying when you're halfway through a show and it's suddenly nowhere!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Happens all the time on Sky. Very annoying when you're halfway through a show and it's suddenly nowhere!

Not really comperable. But remember Top Gear on Flix started in season 23 or something. Just annoyed the beejesus out of me. 

Just realised how much antivaxxers piss me off. I feel it's rather legitimate rage, so maybe not suitable for this thread. But what absolute ballsacks. Just take your uneducated shite and f off. 

The fact that these quasi **** don't even half grasp how amazing science they're offered, yet claim they know better AND their **** choice can affect innocent people's health. Just sit on a cactus everyone of you. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â