Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Did you not win that hat thing?

I went to €320 and still failed. Naturally, I will commit suicide immediately. :thumb:

Do we know what it is? Last I heard, you were refusing to let on in case we bid, or something

I really don't, my bids were only permitted following a hard-fought, strenuous period of negotiation with the missus. When you're opening gambit is "You're not buying any shoes this month, are you?", you know you're going to have to make some major concessions.

1 thats not on there Drat is Charabanc.

They may not class that as a purely Black Country word though as its used in other parts.

Well that and the fact its a French word meaning carriage with wooden benches.

1 thats not on there Drat is Charabanc.

They may not class that as a purely Black Country word though as its used in other parts.

Well that and the fact its a French word meaning carriage with wooden benches.

Well you learn something everyday :thumb:

Thought it was just Black Country spake.

Finally, a win for our (injury-ravaged, down-to-the-bare-bones, two man) quiz team. Free beer balance restored.

And in a couple of weeks we play our National Quiz League regional final in Wakefield at this godforsaken hellhole:

Trav.jpg

:o

Well, we came second. Not as good as it sounds, as we were expecting about twenty teams and only four turned up, so we thought we were in with a chance. And we were well beaten by the winners - 50 out of 60, to our 41.

On the other hand, that 50 by the winners was the highest score in the entire country - on any other night, our 41 woukd have won comfortably, as apparently mid-30s was a typical winning score. We just happened to come up against a shit-hot team, who are now arguably the favourites for the final.

Shame, as the final will be in Walsall (at the Bescot).

Apparently it won't be at the Bescot after all...

pnq.JPG

nuc-u-fffuuu2.jpg

When the spider king appears in my shed and evades my wild swings of my hammer, drops out of view and I'm too scared to complete the 'sorting' job I was planning to do :o
**** wuss. It's a spider, FFS. And a British spider at that. What's it going to do, chew your head off? Either kill it if you must (totally unneccessary, mind) or just ignore it.

Unless you live in Australia, I just don't get arachnophobia. You may as well be scared of worms, or ladybirds.

Reminds me of a BBQ last year where I massively underestimated one of my friend's fear of spiders. Having spotted him in the outside loo (Wales) I placed the largest spider I'd ever seen on my pals shoulder. I only did so because he was joking about doing it to another friend of myn, so I thought he was fair game. The spider sat there quite calmly for a while, before scuttling off. Anyhow, upon spotting the spider making his way back to his death chamber, said friend burst into tears and was left shaking like a shitting dog.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â